KeyCat

1.64 Feedback

Some random 1.64 observations.

+ YAY!  The long lasting "auto standup when crawling close to low objects" like stonewalls etc. is fixed. Now you can actually crawl over these low objects - great work BIS! :619:

+  Also noticed the  LOD popup issue on Tanoa is pretty much gone (using Ultra).

Very low resolution LOD trees in the distance, really noticeable on Altis pine trees. Looks awfull when using scope/binocs. Seems to be OK on Tanoa trees.

- AI medic seems to be on crystal meth - healing and bandaging takes like <5 seconds??? IMO at least tripple that time and slow down animation.

PS: Couldn't find a thread for this.

/KC

• Like 4

Good topic.

Do you know when Squad Radar will be finally implemented? There is nothing in the changelog and no such an option in Game UI.

No idea Sunrise but I'm sure it will come.

Good topic.

Do you know when Squad Radar will be finally implemented? There is nothing in the changelog and no such an option in Game UI.

I would point You to the Spatial Awareness topic, we are still investigating some improvements in that regard :icon_evil:

• Like 1

The ALiVE team has been working on a faction creating tool. It's been available for about 30 days now in their pre-release dev build and has been working really really well.

After the 1.64 update, when I open the tool, I get this error message: http://imgur.com/kWHBmMq

The ALiVE Devs said it was something BIS had to fix so I figured I'd share.

One thing I am noticing is man oh man my performance is really great right now. I loaded up a mission I made with a base/FOB that has tons of objects. When I load in now it feels like I'm on an empty map so good job BIS! Thanks for the frames!!! :)

• Like 1

More random stuff I experienced...anyone else having this (no mods of course)?

- Medic seems to move to the wrong location (a few meters away from victim) and heals in air. This doesn't happen every time but quite often - probably due to the meth :P

- When AI are using the radio to call for a medic the medics response it's broken up badly and you can only hear fractions of the speak.

- Remapped keys (in my case arrow keys and Home/End for altitude) doesn't work in Eden Editor. Works fine in Splendid Camera.

- When toggling  NVG > Termal Black > Termal White > Back to normal it's all black and you have to restart Camera to get normal view back.

- Can't say for sure but it feels like the Parallax tearing when crawling prone is worse than in 1.62.

+ I like the new head lights on cars etc. BTW, did the Hunter get some more dent's, scratches and dirt? Now it looks like it's been in action and not coming directly from factory - looks great.

+ The fog is amazing!

+ AI is now able to drive you from A to B without hitting every object along the road. Still a bit drunk here and there but a major improvement.

+ Like the new sound when going thru brushes on Tanoa.

• Like 1

I'm hearing broken up AI radio comms on my end too, for commands like moving to certain grid. The sound seems to cut in and out and is static-y and unclear.

• Like 1

One nice thing is that the issue of when you placed your first unit on the map in the editor the game would hang or a few seconds-this seems to be gone now.

• Like 7

One nice thing is that the issue of when you placed your first unit on the map in the editor the game would hang or a few seconds-this seems to be gone now.

damn! that is awesome. always forgot to bring that up.

• Like 1

i noticed, that firing vehicle mounted weapons is very, very loud.

when playing with headphones i have to dramatically dial down the volume when firing the minigun on the CSAT light vehicle, or i would probably damage my ears after some time.

i also found other vehicle mounted weapons to be very loud.

Don't know if this is a bug or intended behaviour. i understand that these weapons are very loud in reality, but i guess in reality you would compensate by using some sort of hearing protection, that is not avaialble in vanilla arma.

Yes, I'm also getting corrupted speach from the AI. Only experimented with enemy so far and not confirmed that it's the radio comms that might be the problem. Assuming it was my system issue, I've done an overhaul of drivers, etc. and the issue is still there so I'm fairly certain it's 1.64 that's at fault.

The map markers only being visible in the specific channel you're currently in is absolutely retarded. The previous system worked perfectly fine.

Now if (for example) someone marks something in side chat I can't see it while talking to people in vehicle channel. What?

It's a mess.

• Like 4

I believe SIDE radio KBTell conversations are acting strangely since 1.64 - depending on your proximity to the character speaking, the sound would be more like that heard in DIRECT conversation, but now it doesn't change, and .lip files aren't working either, there's no mouth movement when characters are talking over the radio. Seems to be happening in the official campaign too.

• Like 1

I noticed that the voice of the enemy, located nearby, is heard with a very low volume level and as if would sound via radio. Is this intentional, a new feature or something?

i noticed, that firing vehicle mounted weapons is very, very loud.

I think this, at least on the LSV vehicles, is intentional- before this update it seemed like the LSV weapons in first person counted as being 'inside' an armored vehicle like the MRAPs/ armored vehicles, so the sound was noticably muted compared to third person sounds- now the sound changes seem to have recognised the LSV's as 'open' topped vehicles, meaning you don't get as much sound dampening as you did pre-update. 

Muzzle flash in zoom mode  eat 35-40 FPS

With  equip silencer-  MAGIC

Make 100+tests

I tried all settings in game . nvidea panel. all possible settings(realtek 41khz and other) 

Rendering  flash from every bullet make game unplayeble especially when use zoom mode

no matter where/ tested in aresenal/eden/missionSP

1.64 with all DLC .no mods

Muzzle flash in zoom mode  eat 35-40 FPS

With  equip silencer-  MAGIC

Make 100+tests

I tried all settings in game . nvidea panel. all possible settings(realtek 41khz and other) 

Rendering  flash from every bullet make game unplayeble especially when use zoom mode

no matter where/ tested in aresenal/eden/missionSP

1.64 with all DLC .no mods

What particle settings and what GPU?

I tried ALL settings in game. In Nvidea panel. In setting cfg . In sytem hardware. Make 100+tests

Patricles -low-high-ultra  I try all this settings. This fps drop always present when muzzle flash

Latest arma 1.64 stabile with all DLC. No mods.  

i7-3610QM Quad-core 2.3GHz Processor    Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M 3gb  Ram-6gb  Win10 x64

1 - I, on a Titan, destroyed a Titan with AI inside and it never stops to explode (happens 2 times).

2 - If you change video settings you can't see chat (side, group, direct) anymore.

3 - Minimize the game and change setting make strange things happens, like the low fps bug.

Just checking if it's only me that have those low quality pine trees in distance when looking thru scope/binocs. It looks like we are back to the 80's with EGA graphics :)

Can anyone check if they got the same result as me on Altis/Stratis maybe it's just me?

/KC

Just checking if it's only me that have those very low quality pine trees in distance when looking thru scope/binocs.

It`s definitely not just you. Seems to have started around the time they were fiddling about with the lods, and those trees now look utterly dreadful.

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me know.

It may be related to VD/OD so just for reference here is my settings if it helps the dev's in any way...

VD: 4250

OD: 2820

ATOC: All trees + grass

No post processing and FSAA at x8.

Other settings are as high as they go.

SC

A3_KC_160930.png

/KC