So your description says this is compatible with ACE. ACE has added their own new smoke effects-so if I run this and ACE whose smoke will be used?

I see your post from a couple of days ago mentioning that the ace particle effects are coming out soon-In fact they have been released, but are in the "optional" folder of the ace mod.So they can be used now-and are very nice, but yours looks great too-I will report back what happens when both are used.

Will Pooters ASRI work for my team ?  And the enemy? at the same time ? Or just for enemy AI?

About this, more information here https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/163742-asr-ai-3/#entry2562365 and here https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185936-pooters-enhanced-asr-ai/#entry2936511

Above, I posted about AI`s way of acting when smoke grenade is being used with these mods activated. 

So your description says this is compatible with ACE. ACE has added their own new smoke effects-so if I run this and ACE whose smoke will be used?

I see your post from a couple of days ago mentioning that the ace particle effects are coming out soon-In fact they have been released, but are in the "optional" folder of the ace mod.So they can be used now-and are very nice, but yours looks great too-I will report back what happens when both are used.

Having played around with the new ACE Particles, which only a few days ago I thought looked awesome, in the face of Splendid's work here I'd say ACE Particles now looks a bit too dense to me, in a way that's just as unrealistic as Arma's stock smoke is too ineffective.  Splendid's smoke looks more natural.  Having said that, I believe ACE supports 40mm and arty smoke, where as I think (?) Splendid is only hand grenades at the moment.

I'm not sure if either changes the smoke from vehicle fires.  That would be good to see too.

• Like 1

My message referred to ACE without ACE-Particles. If you load Splendid Smoke after ACE, it will work fine. I have no clue how it looks with ACE-Particles and Splendid Smoke together. You'll probably see the new ACE smoke particle files together with the size and movement pattern of Splendid Smoke, it may also look nice.

Any chance of an upload on Steam Workshop?

Yes, good idea. Here's it: Steam Workshop

Having played around with the new ACE Particles, which only a few days ago I thought looked awesome, in the face of Splendid's work here I'd say ACE Particles now looks a bit too dense to me, in a way that's just as unrealistic as Arma's stock smoke is too ineffective.  Splendid's smoke looks more natural.  Having said that, I believe ACE supports 40mm and arty smoke, where as I think (?) Splendid is only hand grenades at the moment.

I'm not sure if either changes the smoke from vehicle fires.  That would be good to see too.

I thought it will also support the arty smoke shells. I'll take a look at it today (probably at night) and call back. If it does not support them I'll probably get back with a new version of Splendid Smoke :)

Hey guys. So I checked if the mod currently supports smoke shells used by artillery and mortar. The result is: Yes, it does.

Splendid Smoke hooks at the particle effect SmokeShellWhite in cfgCloudlets.
The class name of smoke shells fired by artillery are Smoke_82mm_AMOS_White and Smoke_120mm_AMOS_White in cfgAmmo.
And they both also use the same SmokeShellWhite particle effect that I hooked.

The main difference between the mod and vanilla, for those kind of shells, is the density of the smoke.

Here's an image where I fired 3 smoke rounds from an artillery:

Ta4sGU3.jpg

I agreee with you-I think for now I will remove the Ace particles and use the Splendid smoke instead-it looks great :)

Just tried it with aicomtarget and tpwcas and works a treat :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will this mod be going up on PlayWithSix? This looks like something that would be useful, but the unit I am with only can use mods if they are available there.........sigh*

~S

• Like 1

Congratulations, this looks impressive.

BTW is this MP compatible?

Congratulations, this looks impressive.

BTW is this MP compatible?

Yes it is! It can also be used as optional mod. However, the AI-computing machine (in general: the server) will decide if the AI-sight-blocking stuff gets computed with or without the mod.

So i removed the ace_particles pbo and am using this instead.It work wonderfully-looks really good and blocks ai sight really well :) Also-at night if you use this with one of ace's new extra bright chemlights it looks fantastic.Your pickup chopper will see you from a couple of klicks away :D

• Like 1

Will this mod be going up on PlayWithSix? This looks like something that would be useful, but the unit I am with only can use mods if they are available there.........sigh*

~S

You have to tell the PW6 team if they are missing something it only takes a moment.

Just a heads up I edited this mod, and added/changed the interval the particles are dropped. Default is 0.03, doubled it to 0.06 reduce the amount of particles dropped 

The increased interval saves on particle creation. The smoke still looks thick and still blocks ai view. Its just half of the particles that were being emitted before.

A simple mission to test how this effects the game, you can download "[tdnl] Assult on Charkia" from the workshop. in the beginning of the mission there are quite a few smoke grenades dropped. in vanilla arma for the smoke particles are despawned because you reach the particles limit so fast in the beginnin of the mission... Running "splendid smoke" with my interval adjustment changed the whole beninning sinario. the smoke was bellowing and not being despawned. I can post pictures if you want

I also made a second version for use with blastcore still.. all you have to add is a few lines to the RequireAddons in the CFGpatches. : requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Data_F","A3_Weapons_F","Blastcore_SmokeCS","WarFXPE"};

• Like 4

Just a heads up I edited this mod, and added/changed the interval the particles are dropped. Default is 0.03, doubled it to 0.06 reduce the amount of particles dropped

Good idea!

At this point I need to inform you about the license coming with Splendid Smoke. It is released under the GNU General Public License v3.0. In short this has several consequences for you, if you 'edit this mod'.

Here's a small overview:

QKfqDPP.jpg

Let me point out the most important things: You release also under the same license; you need to make the whole source code available to public, when distributing your modification; you must state which stuff you have changed and what comes from the original author (give credits and so on, also in the source-code).

So please upload your edited PBO and also the source-code (if you have binarized it).

I'm looking forward to your PBO, maybe this change will also be included in the original mod. (If you are into GitHub, you can visit Splendid Smoke there, fork it, change it and then create a pull request.)

ok thanks for the info but i do not intent to release or update your mod. I was simply saying that you should add the line "interval = 0.06;" it will reduce the particle emissions and help with performance...  and again no offence, but i can care less about a license, when im editing for personal use... And even then if i feel the need to modify a mod and share it with my community privatly, ill do it... (zero f's given...) im not doing anything wrong (not claming the mod as my own work, nor am i public distributing it).. so i dont care about "consequences" as again im not doing anything wrong... thanks again though for the info... dont get me wrong i appreciate and honor all work and dirivitives of anyones work... however, the BS, licensing for a MOD ... its stupid and annoying... you are making a mod for a game you cannot charge for it, its not allowed by BIS... your creating for a commuty on your free time.. If you share it , Wonderful"" it no oh well.. but if you share it you really cannot tell people what to do with it... have a nice day , and i look foreward to your updates..

Oh... well, honestly I'm not sure what I am supposed to make of your last post. You may trust me when I'm saying you should not take this license stuff lightly, I'm quite experienced in this field. So, please stick to the conditions and we'll all be fine :)

However, let's wrap this up here. No need to discuss this here in public.

lolz im glad you have the experience, again you should add interval = 0.06; and see how you like it .... OT. theres no scripting no intellectuall property... you made a config change.... outside of that Zero F's given

There was a problem with the pbo not being packed correctly. Due to that players did not pass the signature check of servers with this mod, though they had the correct signature file.

This problem was now fixed, the mod just upgraded to version 1.1. The original post was edited.