Sign in to follow this  
Vojtechsonik

Custom oilrig

Hi there,

A while ago I played on Zeus Community Server this fantastic mission set on (probably custom?) oil rig. One team needed to infiltrate via water, while other defended. It was very tense and so much fun. My question is about this rig - it looked so cool and seamless. I have found one on the Workshop but it is not quite like this one. Can anyone help me with this?

Some screens:

7a9fe0add4def5eb3ae051b5f2255487.jpg

486dcda5847f3bae5a202f1025c38951.jpg511720ab37348ec92403e34684889a2f.jpg

f16576fb10609fa5f9186421a8e33359.jpg

bb5f1ffe056123ac0121c3c6bf3a96e5.jpg

2a7a7689085162761861d1d0f4253470.jpg

• Like 3

Very impressive and VERY intricate,higher scale than the one on Workshop.Good luck

That is impressive, I bet that took a long time to design and craft.

That's really cool..I am doing something similar to build an offshore base to use on Tanoa with a Landing craft, that is really intricate I saw something awhile back on armaholic somebody made one and used the arp2 objects but had an issue with the newer version I think. Wish the Eden editor gave a better choice of locking objects. Maybe now with new updates building something and merging it will be easier.

Diesel

What was the performance like? PFS wise?

Pretty sure that's the one I am using for my Offshore base..it did need ARP2 Objects Mod but I went in and took that out and used stock stuff from the game. Not sure about Posting links here so just Google "Icarus Solar Farm" on Armaholic..you'll need that older version of ARP2 or just go in the mission sqm and take it out then replace objects with standard stuff. I'm testing it on Altis and the frames on it are really good..its way out in the ocean so its about the only thing you see until you get close to land.

The orginal creator "Spookygnu" did a really great job on it.

I'm doing a lot of editing on mine to use as an offshore Special Ops Logistics and support base.

Offshore%20Base%201_zpsezgrl3h8.jpg

Diesel

• Like 2

The problem I've had though with constructing custom platforms in Eden has been they fall apart once mission loads.

What was the performance like? PFS wise?

Zeus Server is very well set performance-wise. I remember having about 54FPS with small dips to 42. I have 3.6GHz processor if that matters. Thanks for the suggestions guys! The one with linked picture looks very similar (maybe it, I do not remember that well). I will contact guys from Zeus, are you interested if I find out anything? Do you want me to post it on this thread?