Sign in to follow this  
whatsupdoc_1_27

1.64 update broke Wasteland Wheeled Vehicles

Today's update broke A3Wasteland's wheeled vehicles. All of the maps and everybody using mods on them so its not just one.

BIS we can get into the wheeled vehicles but cannot move forward, well we move very, very slow, so slow it doesn't register on the speedometer. Might as well say its not even moving thats how slow they move. Second I notice that the keyboard will not turn the wheeled wheels but the mouse will.

Any idea what would cause this BIS?

• Like 1

Today's update broke A3Wasteland's wheeled vehicles. All of the maps and everybody using mods on them so its not just one.

BIS we can get into the wheeled vehicles but cannot move forward, well we move very, very slow, so slow it doesn't register on the speedometer. Might as well say its not even moving thats how slow they move. Second I notice that the keyboard will not turn the wheeled wheels but the mouse will.

Any idea what would cause this BIS?

Well its not a BIS issue, its an issue with Wasteland which the mission authors must fix. 

So a problem thats caused by BIS's update is the mod's author's fault? Hmmmmmmmm

It's always up to a module / mission creator to adapt to the engine and it's updates, and not vice versa (for obvious reasons).

• Like 5

It's always up to a module / mission creator to adapt to the engine and it's updates, and not vice versa (for obvious reasons).

I am okay with that but I have the DEV build and it works fine in that. So what has changed from the DEV build to today's release? See my point? They changed something between the DEV build and todays release.....They need to start letting us know what has changed from the DEV Build to each release because they constantly are changing stuff between the DEV final release to final release just like this one.

They need to start letting us know what has changed from the DEV Build to each release.

They do. There is a comprehensive changelog with each release.

As said above, it's up to mission makers to keep up if/when something "breaks".

Hey guys.

All of us Wasteland players/dev's are just simply trying to figure this out. And you are 100% right, it's on us/the modder to adapt to the new updates. But, I'm just asking nicely if we could just get some info as far as what exactly was changed or new commands/functions whatever.

Tweaked: The speed of commanded movement of vehicles was optimized   <-----This was in the change log for the update

We have several eyes going through the code but cannot pinpoint what has changed. Just asking if anyone at all could elaborate further about this. That's all. Appreciate any tips, thank you guys.

• Like 1

Mr. Nasty its like the brakes are enabled or on by default and won't release. Whenever I get in a vehicle and turn on the engine boom the brake lights are enabled. Doesn't make sense...

Unless its some keybinding issues I have been looking at this for 4 hours straight. Tired...

Hey guys.

All of us Wasteland players/dev's are just simply trying to figure this out. And you are 100% right, it's on us/the modder to adapt to the new updates. But, I'm just asking nicely if we could just get some info as far as what exactly was changed or new commands/functions whatever.

Tweaked: The speed of commanded movement of vehicles was optimized   <-----This was in the change log for the update

We have several eyes going through the code but cannot pinpoint what has changed. Just asking if anyone at all could elaborate further about this. That's all. Appreciate any tips, thank you guys.

That particular changelog entry was only about AI driving, it shouldn't affect player driving the car at all.

We are trying to find the source of the issue too, could You, please, try to provide more details about mods in the Feedback Tracker? :icon_twisted:

That particular changelog entry was only about AI driving, it shouldn't affect player driving the car at all.

We are trying to find the source of the issue too, could You, please, try to provide more details about mods in the Feedback Tracker? :icon_twisted:

We found that

disableAI "MOVE"

causing this problems with vehicles.

So actually it's 1.64 update issue, not mod/mission-makers.

• Like 1

With thanks to @blenderrus for a starting point, I managed to track down the issue directly related to the A3Wasteland mission(s).

As per my post over on the A3Wasteland Forums...

Until things get looked over properly, I "may' have a fix for the non-drivable land vehicles (although I'm not sure what adverse affect it has on the mission itself).

Edit \client\functions\playerSetupStart.sqf...

change

{_player disableAI _x} foreach ["move","anim","target","autotarget"];

to

{_player disableAI _x} foreach ["anim","target","autotarget"];

and you will be able to drive land vehicles again with no issue (tested on mission vehicles, spawned town vehicles and purchased vehicles).

-soul.

-soul.

We found that

disableAI "MOVE"

causing this problems with vehicles.

But why do you need use that? I thought Wasteland was all about PvP, you don't need AI  :huh:

Yep here is where they messed it up at:

Tweaked: Using disableAI "MOVE" now stops vehicles driven by AI

How would:

{_player disableAI _x} foreach ["move", "anim","target","autotarget"];

disable PLAYERS from driving wheeled vehicles is the real question that needs to be answered....

U mad? BIS are saints and are never wrong!

No its not a BIS issue its most likely whoever originally created Wasteland years ago created this line. AgentRev stated he didn't create that line and doesn't even know why its there. I was able to change:

{_player disableAI _x} foreach ["move","anim","target","autotarget"];

TO

_player {disableAI _x} foreach ["move","anim","target","autotarget"];

and it works fine now for me using this...How would this make it work?

EDIT: NOPE didn't work once on a dedicated server. Caused player not to be able to run so best just to remove "MOVE", out of the line...

No its not a BIS issue its most likely whoever originally created Wasteland years ago created this line.

Same issue appears on other missions/mods which are using disableAI "MOVE", not only Wasteland (actually, this bug repro has been discovered in another mod). So you are totally wrong - IT IS BIS issue.

disableAI commands are used to disable AI actions even in non-AI missions, especially in some causes when player disconnects - AI can take control on his vehicle/body.

• Like 1

Wasteland has AI Missions players complete...

Sorry ive never played wasteland, i only play true PvP without AI

Changed out 

{_player disableAI _x} foreach ["anim","target","autotarget"]; //default was ["move","anim","target","autotarget"] "move" cause cars to not move stupid BIS updates

Seems to fix normal driving issues and the AI seem to work as normal on my dedi.....will report back if I have to rig the code anymore...also fixed issues in invade and annex and BMR missions...BIS should have tested more,

Edited by microfire
  • Like 1

Where to find and how to update/install that hot fix?

hot fix is out

I have updated my dedi just an hour ago and still no changes if i re-add the "move" command back in....car no go unless it is removed....so far looks like nothing is broken here but I have not added any fancy missions or AI other than Alive AI to my servers.

Well I have a few AAs on wasteland map that I use disableAI move on and they don't break Wasteland. So explain that?

I cant get your logic. Can you see the difference between disableAI used on wheeled vehicles and disableAI used on AI-controlled AA?

I have updated my dedi just an hour ago and still no changes if i re-add the "move" command back in....car no go unless it is removed....so far looks like nothing is broken here but I have not added any fancy missions or AI other than Alive AI to my servers.

Latest patch doesnt include fix for disableAI "MOVE". BIS has just fixed missing mods/signatures issue.