sammael

FPS drop when shooting

Every time when I shoot my fps drop down to 10-12 FPS.

Every time when I shoot in scope mode  (LPRS ACOG DMS AMS and other)  or in eye zoom mode my FPS drop down about 25-30 FPS.

15-18 FPS drop when look at smoke from smoke granade

- no fps drop when shooting with scope zoomed right at my player  feet. 

-NO FPS DROP WHEN EQUIP SUPPRESSOR

Small weapon cause small fps drop.

for ex

Vermin-12FPS

SPMG 30-FPS

I try to change  audio settings -video driver nvidea settings and e t.c .

I spent about 100 tests and found what causes fps drop.

everything was simple

FPS drop

due to NEW RENDERING SYSTEM (apex)

due to  MUZZLE FLASH EFFECT RENDERING      especially in zoom or  scope mode

make all  video settings low (particles too) does not help because muzzle flash and barrel smoke effects hardcoded in game

is there a solution to this BIS problem?

Latest arma 1.64 stabile with all DLC. No mods.  

i7-3610QM Quad-core 2.3GHz Processor    Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M 3gb  Ram-6gb  Win10 x64

Precisely what are:

1. Is your PC's configuration?

2. What Video settings do you use in Arma 3?

Precisely what are:

1. Is your PC's configuration?

2. What Video settings do you use in Arma 3?

1- i7-3610QM Quad-core 2.3GHz Processor    Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M 3gb  Ram-6gb

2-medium. but i was  try low and high. Problem is not in settings

I think it started after apex tanoa update but I could be wrong

• Like 2

Our entire group is having the exact same issue. None of us had this issue before 1.62 so its something with the Apex update. However we have no clue what it is. It also seems to happen more frequently on Tanoa than other maps. But as with the original poster, it occurs or starts once we look through optics or switch from first to third person when driving the new apex jeep etc etc. Really weird times. Personally i suspect it has something to do with the way LODs are handled now. But i have nothing to back that up. I only say that because i know the tech was changed with apex , and we seem to get this issue when zooming in  etc etc

Our entire group is having the exact same issue. None of us had this issue before 1.62 so its something with the Apex update. However we have no clue what it is. It also seems to happen more frequently on Tanoa than other maps. But as with the original poster, it occurs or starts once we look through optics or switch from first to third person when driving the new apex jeep etc etc. Really weird times. Personally i suspect it has something to do with the way LODs are handled now. But i have nothing to back that up. I only say that because i know the tech was changed with apex , and we seem to get this issue when zooming in  etc etc

Yes . This 95%  after Apex. make 100+ tests and found that double optics scopes (i meant close combat sight and zoom 2 in 1 like ACOG) make more FPS drop 20-25. Sometimes LPRS  SOS MOS make 1-2 FPS drop..

added video to show a small part of this bug. 1.64 update - aggravated the situation

set in windows sound preferences: 16bit 44100hz

and look if this helps.

set in windows sound preferences: 16bit 44100hz

and look if this helps.

It always 16bit 44100hz in my laptop settings

Our clan is also having issues with this

Firing a gun now turns arma3 into a slideshow on Tanoa

Our clan is also having issues with this

Firing a gun now turns arma3 into a slideshow on Tanoa

watch this 

no matter where/ tested in aresenal/eden/missionSP

Is that a vanilla gun? doesn't look it to me. How does the test go with a vanilla gun. I'm not having that result at all but I run Arma3 on a decent deskside tower, which, of course, will always be more powerful than a laptop of same generation tech.

Is that a vanilla gun? doesn't look it to me. How does the test go with a vanilla gun. I'm not having that result at all but I run Arma3 on a decent deskside tower, which, of course, will always be more powerful than a laptop of same generation tech. 

Yes Vanilla machinegun from marksmen dlc. no mods. No matter which weapon. If weapon have muzzle flash- then FPS drop. As you can see I  can play at 55-60 FPS but when i`m try firing without supressor -arma 3 engine can`t normal render muzzle flash effect. I think it is arma 3 engine bug with my Windows 10 x64

This has been a thing since day 1. It's why I always use a silencer if given the choice.

I'll test again with some Marksmen DLC guns. Which gun did you use for the video?

SPMG .338 but all weapons has this bug for me. As I said bug may happened only at win10 x64 sytem.

If you have win10 x64 and don`t have this bug- Please share with me your settings.

I`m create ticket on feedback tracker for 1.62

create for 1.64

No answer ...

This has been a thing since day 1. It's why I always use a silencer if given the choice.

You have same problem with fps drop?

I`m use suppressors or ACE3 flashsuppressors to avoid this bug

I don't think this performance degrade is just from rifles, I've noticed it (online mp) from the HE shells hitting the ground from armor & aircraft. It's horrible.

As someone else has said, maybe turning your sound rate down to 16bit might help, but that's not a long term solution. Something needs fixin.

When you see flashes, from the weapon of counter fire of the opponent, falling of FPS can fall till 8-12.

The "NightStalker" optics, in the red thermal imager, at a shot, loses many FPS.

100% same issue. Was ok b4 apex, different settings makes no effect, ramdisk too. Pure render i guess.

100% same issue. Was ok b4 apex, different settings makes no effect, ramdisk too. Pure render i guess.

use suppressors or ACE3 flashsuppressors to avoid this bug

i found switching from a HSS to an SSD helped this issue a lot for me-also decreased stutter occuring when zooming in with optics. I'm running Win 10 and I dont have this issue at all since switching to SSD.I do almost always use suppressors however.

Win10

GTX980

i5 4690k

16GB Ram @2400Mhz

250GB SSD

z-97k MoBo

Still an issue. FPS drops significantly. Probably, this problem stresses GPU, because the issue is appear in 1st person view zoomed mode. There are no problem in 3rd person view.  It is easy to reproduce if you disable dedicated GPU and run Arma III on Integrated graphics.

Still an issue. FPS drops significantly. Probably, this problem stresses GPU, because the issue is appear in 1st person view zoomed mode. There are no problem in 3rd person view.  It is easy to reproduce if you disable dedicated GPU and run Arma III on Integrated graphics.

Yes...After some Bi updates it aslo start to affect tanks cannons-  every shoot in 1st person  -make a 1 sec lag freeze -cause smoke and fire from barell rendering issue .

As I understand it is bug with some Nvidea cards and can`t be solved