pakitoesp

LOD geometry question

Hello good days , I am doing a house , and I would like to know as I do so that the vertices of the geometries are as in the samples , I searched the option but I am not able to find how to do this , I created the geometry phys and I would like to transfer to the lod of geometry but I cannot find the option to leave the vertices as seen in the picture , thanks 

a06aaf63efe6516f42ad5bd0e70465e6.png

I don't understand what your asking. a simple copy and paste into new lod? crtl c/v

When I do a bucket for the geometry in the vertex they are not seen as in this image 

Example:

I need so

And so are when i do

Those large squares on the vertices only appear in the Geometry LOD.

They represent the mass of the component. More mass, larger square.

No other LOD's contain mass information and therefore do not show the squares (although they sometimes appear to in error until the model is refreshed).

The PhysX Geometry LOD does not contain mass information. It needs to be VERY simple. Much more simple than the Geometry LOD. Perhaps only a few components.

• Like 2

Those grey boxes are weight vertices, the bigger they are the more your model weighs. Select your whole geo LOD and look for the mass dialog and add a number like say 10000. If you can't see the mass dialog go to window>mass.

Hope that makes sense.

-edit-

Dammit, got ninja'd

• Like 1

No other LOD's contain mass information and therefore do not show the squares (although they sometimes appear to in error until the model is refreshed).

The PhysX Geometry LOD does not contain mass information. It needs to be VERY simple. Much more simple than the Geometry LOD. Perhaps only a few components.

It is possible to add weight in the physx lod the same as the geo lod. While it probably doesn't do anything other then add the mass tag it may be confusing for someone new.

• Like 1

Those grey boxes are weight vertices, the bigger they are the more your model weighs. Select your whole geo LOD and look for the mass dialog and add a number like say 10000. If you can't see the mass dialog go to window>mass.

Hope that makes sense.

-edit-

Dammit, got ninja'd

Many thanks to the two , solved , now other question  in  my custom map ,photo :

i created new fences but I cannot do not fall to floor  , proved to change in name properties of geometry  damage = no , all parameters is same of the arma 3 .....  , but the object when I play with a vehicle falls to the ground , i would like it to be as some concrete walls of arma 3 that are indestructible when they are placed with terrain builder  
example :

Any idea so my walls or other construcction do not fall to the ground when the vehicle hit them?
Thanks  guys , and sry for my bad english lol

Damage = no in the config and also you have to add the proper config entry in the main config. I don't remember off hand you'll have to look in an a3 config for it. Or the wiki.

• Like 1

Maybe?

model Named Properties on the Geometry LOD

class: house

map: house

damage: building

EDIT: Oops, I see he already has this in a screenshot.

• Like 1

Hi, definitely there are some parameters you will re-check on your wall addon,

In config, put your damage on:
destrType="DestructNo";

In Geo LOD (Remove all references about this in name properties of other LODs as they are useless):
damage = no;
map = fence;
prefereshadowvolume = 0; (This is optional if you want a more smooth shadows on rendering (also I think it affect a little bit to perfomance))
sdsource = shadowvolume (optional, the same of above).

All this parameters have been taken from an indestructive wall of A3, not tested by me i'm afraid.
Also, it's better for "backward" future compatibility (and to be more "secure" against Arma 3 updates, this has a more complex explanation which I won't extend here :P) inherit all your wall classes from Wall_F, do you think?

• Like 1

Hi, definitely there are some parameters you will re-check on your wall addon,

In config, put your damage on:

destrType="DestructNo";

In Geo LOD (Remove all references about this in name properties of other LODs as they are useless):

damage = no;

map = fence;

prefereshadowvolume = 0; (This is optional if you want a more smooth shadows on rendering (also I think it affect a little bit to perfomance))

sdsource = shadowvolume (optional, the same of above).

All this parameters have been taken from an indestructive wall of A3, not tested by me i'm afraid.

Also, it's better for "backward" future compatibility (and to be more "secure" against Arma 3 updates, this has a more complex explanation which I won't extend here :P) inherit all your wall classes from Wall_F, do you think?

Hey hola Miky ¡¡ , the only thing I have not defined in geo lod is a map =  fence , i am going to try this and tell you , thanks :)

Map=fence will just add that icon to the in game map.

Like Micky said try inheriting from wall_f or I do house_f in your main config

• Like 1