zeealex

Fifty Shades of MP7 - Release

Hi Zee! loving the mod :) just a couple things, not sure if they have been outlined yet, 

The normal sound, and the sound with suppressor doesn't seem any quieter? not sure if that interstitial, or just me XD

And there is no picture for the MP7 in the inventory, we do run a couple mods along side, so they could be causing the issue, honestly not sure

Keep up the good work, cant wait for more :)  

These Mp7s look great. I would jizz if someone did these for the hk416. Nice work I'm definitely gonna use these a lot.

Hello @zeealex:

Just a little feedback from me.

Those Hecklers are fun but I ve noticed few bugs:

1. No inventory pictures.

2. No shadows on weapon models.

3. this pack causes config error on rhs 4.6x30 ammo used with rhs mp7s regardless of which config i am using.

4. No bipod/autoresting memory point on 3d models which causes character sinking into the ground in weapon resting prone 3rd person animation.

Regards.

Hoping to get an update out next week, got a week off from college. 

The update will include an improved ballistic config courtesy of Jarrad96 and his friend Spartan. and maybe some new camos if i get the time :D

• Like 6

Hi Zee,

Can you take at look at your memory points on the MP7's, as soon as you mount optics, the reticule/barrel correlation goes askew, and you can't hit anything, the bullet trajectory is way way off.

It's the ones in the RHS update, can't see there being any difference in the models/configs etc for the standalone, I'll try out all the default RHS Optics, and get back to you on what I find.

Thanks and should you not be sound asleep? :D

I didn't seem to have any problems using the RHS MP7 with SMA's Aimpoint T2.  Testing in the armory had the projectiles coming out from between the barrel and the top of the upper receiver, though.  Not sure if intentional.

that might be my bad! i'm still getting used to weapons set up XD

2 hours ago, shomu1 said:

I didn't seem to have any problems using the RHS MP7 with SMA's Aimpoint T2.  Testing in the armory had the projectiles coming out from between the barrel and the top of the upper receiver, though.  Not sure if intentional.

I have the RHS MP7 desert, with tha SMA T2 + magnifier, and the rounds go high, the bullet trajectory that's shown in the VA doesn't come from the barrel, it comes from almost the top of the weapon frame, which suggests the memory points for the barrel might be off slightly.

Without flipping the x3 magnifier using the MRT functions, the rounds all go high.

Going to the Micro T2 without the x 3 is the same, aim for a head shot at the target from 20, all the way out to 50M and the trajectory goes high.

If I use the RHS M68 aimpoint, headshots are easy between 10M all the way out to 100M

The other issue is perhaps the ballistics need an overhaul, so they're packing a bit more of a punch?

1 hour ago, road runner said:

The other issue is perhaps the ballistics need an overhaul, so they're packing a bit more of a punch?

The 4.6x30mm PDW round the MP7 uses has notoriously weak firepower, you do need to fire bursts, even against guys in chest rigs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, war_lord said:

The 4.6x30mm PDW round the MP7 uses has notoriously weak firepower, you do need to fire bursts, even against guys in chest rigs.

probably why it's not really used unless it's in CCCCCQB situations.! :smileee:

I was actually looking up the ballistics this morning, it seems that the maximum effective range should be between 150-200M, I agree about Body armour though, even with 5.56 and 7.62m, they can have a tough time penetrating the more modern ballistic plates, it should still make your eyes water if you get 2-3 rounds in the chest at 50M's though! :smileee:

Yeah, it's definitely a close quarters "half a mag per Abu Hajaar" weapon, even if you aim for the head. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, war_lord said:

Yeah, it's definitely a close quarters "half a mag per Abu Hajaar" weapon, even if you aim for the head. 

I've been watching a couple of youtube video's and to be quite honest, between 10-20M's that little 4.6mm round even against level 3 body armour will ruin your day, there's no reason why it can't actually be fatal on non body armour wearing perps up to 150M's away, the muzzle velocity is still in excess of 2K feet per second, that's going t hurt unless you're out of your face on PCP's and other drugs.

I can actually see the attraction in it's use with the likes of DEVGRU the smaller rounds have less chance of passing through and reduces the old "collateral damage" issue.

I like to use it for house clearing in Arma 3 especially against the non body armour wearing dudes, it's a bit of a compromise between using Carbines, and Pistols for the up close and personal stuff, when giving the bad guys "the good news"

• Like 1

The ballistics/damage values for this are totally borked right now, they will be fixed (meaning, improved to the point that it becomes a more viable weapon against both armored and unarmored targets) in the next update, which will be 'Soon' (TM)

sorry guys, having a little issue packing both this and FEMAL3 at present, i'll get them out as soon as they're gonna actually pack!

• Like 3

Zee is there currently any difference between your mp7 pack and the ones already in RHS?

presently yes, RHS only has the MP7A2 publicly available, i don't think the A1 is configged their end and can't be called from the editor, and as of this next update there will be updated ballistics and more colours. 

50 shades 0.9's RHS config will omit variations already in RHS and new colours will inherit from the RHS version's config to avoid conflicts and duplications and generally to just make things more consistent. but more colours and variants will be available over time that won't be in RHS. 

the non RHS version of 0.9 will have all colours, and will use an updated ballistics config that will work against vanilla units. 

• Like 4

So apparently 50 shades is broken in the latest update? Anyone else notice this? 

I'll admit all these updates breaking my shit is getting annoying. 

But like, it wouldn't be a proper Arma 3 patch if it didn't cause like, 3 people to quit modding in frustration, right?

• Like 1

haha, true! but i'm not going anywhere. 

if people can confirm there are issues, i'll get them looked at ASAP

• Like 3

Hi Zee-

I have lost the MP7s in the virtual arsenal... Is that the issue that others are having?

4 hours ago, b0dey said:

Hi Zee-

I have lost the MP7s in the virtual arsenal... Is that the issue that others are having?

I'm having the same problem as well.

On 4/20/2017 at 6:06 PM, zeealex said:

haha, true! but i'm not going anywhere. 

if people can confirm there are issues, i'll get them looked at ASAP

It's an issue that affected several weapons packs after the last game update-Massi's mods, the Irish Armed Forces and several others were affected