zeealex

Fifty Shades of MP7 - Release

50somp7_by_zeealex-daifrd2.png

50 Shades of MP7

MP7A1 and MP7A1-NSW

howdy y'all! 

I've been working away at this little side project for a while and thought I'd like to release it standalone for arma 3. 

Long story short, the MP7 is one of my all time favorite weapons, it's a girly gun, and i am a girl, so it's a me gun... anyway, I wanted to pay a proper homage to it in my own way, with an arma 3 mod.

The MP7 Pack has Two MP7 variants at present, the MP7A1 and the MP7A1 NSW, with the Wilcox rail in place of the integrated grip. 

The MP7s currently have these color selections each:

Black
Green
Ranger Green
Flat Dark Earth
AOR-1
AOR-2
Woodland Streak Camo
Woodland Snakeskin
Desert Snakeskin
Flecktarn
Winter Camo
White

And also has the Rotex II Suppressor in the following colours:
Black
Flat Dark Earth
Green
AOR1

The pack also has an optional RHS config that enables the use of Foregrips with the MP7 NSW. (REVOKED FOR 0.9)

Known issues:
The Iron sight aiming isn't fab,
without the RHS config the MP7A1 NSW has a strange grip anim,
reload animations are slightly off timing,

Credits:
drebin052 - config help
MistyRonin - Initial configs
Reyhard - Anim and initial configs
Jeza - Screenshots
Vanschmoozin - testing
Jarrad96 - Ballistics info
Spartan - Ballistics info
Lappihuan - Config help
Uro - Config Help

My wonderful supporters and donors:
CrazyCorky
DeathDaisy
Nomisum
Julia Pliquett
Stefan Keßner
Janek Bender
Lars Jørstad
War_Lord
Natu
Eira Fagurfifill
Steel Shimsky
Pekewi
Toadie

Required Addons:
CBA A3 (or ASDG joint rails)
(Optional) RHS US Armed Forces (for MP7A1 foregrips)

Changelog:
0.9 (CURRENT)

-RHS config temporarily revoked pending some extra information needed

-fixed weapons not showing in VA
-added custom Icons
-added two new camos, Woodland and Desert Snakeskin
-fixed some config errors and optimized classes
-fixed damage
-fixed magazine weight being too high
-MP7A2 now has correct name. 

0.7A
-Initial release. Bugs expected. 

Fixed:
-RHS config should now function correctly
-Suppressors now have worn paint

Added:
-Sand
-White
-Winter Digi Camo
-Flecktarn
-AOR2

Known Issues:
-Due to trying to keep the filesize down not all camos have matching suppressors, as they require a new model, and can't be hiddenselectioned.

Notes:
-Steam Release

Screenshots:

wjKZ7XT.jpg

hZZ01Eu.jpg

20160920150206_1_by_zeealex-daig743.jpg

20160920150006_1_by_zeealex-daig78z.jpg

20160920150416_1_by_zeealex-daig7bh.jpg

DOWNLOAD

what I need from you is suggestions for what colours to use next! 

let me know what you think!

• Like 33

Wow these look great, Thanks a lot for this zee!

Same goes for the screenshots,

I don't think I've seen those uniforms/gear before, Could I get the name of the mod they're from please?

• Like 2

Looks very nice! :)

Steam workshop BTW ?

• Like 1

Ahh hell yeah! Guess I didn't have to wait long for it at all. Thanks so much zeealex, this is a real treat.

As for colors I'd have to suggest AOR-2 since you already have it expertly camoed in AOR-1, in addition to there being a NSW version.

• Like 2

Oh beautiful! That is a fancy MP-7 :D

So were you planning on releasing this today anyway-or was it pushed forward because of the comments about the weapon in your other topic? ;)

• Like 1

Why are people so fond of ATACS? I suppose I just prefer the more defined camo patterns like AOR1 or M81 etc. But ATACS does look good on weapons in game-gives a nice weathered feel.

As for other patterns like you ask-AOR2, solid tan/sand, and maybe an urban digi style?

• Like 1

Zeeeeeeeeee you're too good to us

This is sweet, looks great - will download when the damage gets fixed! (I'd DL it now but I have limited data, so it's not economical for me to DL twice D: )

• Like 1

You Zee, are an angel!! thanks a million for this.

With regards to colours, I'm not really a big fan of the commercial "dipped" products, and prefer the " I just painted the shit out of my weapon " look, with natural wear a tear, as long as whatever you decide on has the natural feel about it, then go with whatever you decide.

Perhaps a Poll might be an idea?

• Like 3

Why are people so fond of ATACS? I suppose I just prefer the more defined camo patterns like AOR1 or M81 etc. But ATACS does look good on weapons in game-gives a nice weathered feel.

As for other patterns like you ask-AOR2, solid tan/sand, and maybe an urban digi style?

It's a pretty nifty camo pattern to be honest mate, see lots of Iraqi Army wearing it, and there's more and more International Spec Ops types sporting it these days too.

• Like 2

Thanks all! Glad to hear you like it!

Wow these look great, Thanks a lot for this zee!

Same goes for the screenshots,

I don't think I've seen those uniforms/gear before, Could I get the name of the mod they're from please?

That, my friend, is VSM gear pack by my homie vanschmoozin, great guy, great gear!

Looks very nice! :)

Steam workshop BTW ?

Yup! It was just so late last night I couldn't think about anything other than sleep! :)

Oh beautiful! That is a fancy MP-7 :D

So were you planning on releasing this today anyway-or was it pushed forward because of the comments about the weapon in your other topic? ;)

It was all planned, dear ineptaphid, it was just convenient someone spotted the artstation page :)

Okay so I can do the other AORs and ATACS, no problem

Urban digital sounds cool too :)

I may set up a poll like road runner suggested, might give me a good idea as to what direction to swing it in.

Thanks again all, hope you enjoy it!

• Like 3

Wonderful job. :) That MP7 looks awesome. Though I think that maybe it should be a bit more powerful. The real thing uses armor-piercing rounds, it's a PDW specifically designed to deal with body armor. Against unarmored targets it should be kind of meh (4.6mm is a rather piddly caliber), but it should not become much less effective against armored targets.

A couple of minor issues, the NSW variant isn't showing a foregrip, probably a simple scripting issue, I am presuming it's a "stubby" VFG?

The penetration values don't seem overly bad a slight tweek, and they should be not too bad at all.

h83mil9r9qysiigy9g8h.jpeg

oh nice!!! h ;)t t :)pic

Well that was a fast release  :P One question though, I thought 4k textures were troublesome for arma to handle, causing all kinds of issues regardless of the user's hardware. Gorgeous model and textures though. As for camos, have you considered snakeskin?

Looks very nice.

It will surely be useful as a weapon for Tank Crews and maybe as a secondary for Sniper.

Although i am a huge HK fan i always thought that this gun is way to small, its nearly Pistol size which makes handling it a little bit strange, but that doesn't matter in arma.  :D

One small thing: the rear slingmount on the stock is missing. 

Wonderful job.  :) That MP7 looks awesome. Though I think that maybe it should be a bit more powerful. The real thing uses armor-piercing rounds, it's a PDW specifically designed to deal with body armor. Against unarmored targets it should be kind of meh (4.6mm is a rather piddly caliber), but it should not become much less effective against armored targets.

Using FMJ, it will tend to overpenetrate the target but, with HP and on fullauto, considering the extreme RoF and the complete lack of recoil you should be able to drop any target in a matter of seconds.
  • Like 1

Well that was a fast release  :P One question though, I thought 4k textures were troublesome for arma to handle, causing all kinds of issues regardless of the user's hardware. Gorgeous model and textures though. As for camos, have you considered snakeskin?

In my experience, 4k diffuse maps are fine, but other maps like the normal map and smdi need to be in 2k or less

A couple of minor issues, the NSW variant isn't showing a foregrip, probably a simple scripting issue, I am presuming it's a "stubby" VFG?

The penetration values don't seem overly bad a slight tweek, and they should be not too bad at all.

Are you using the RHS config with RHSUSF installed? if you have RHSUSF installed, you can replace the default PBO with the one in RHS_Config, and that will give you access to RHS forgrips in the under barrel slot :)

I can tweak those values for sure :)

• Like 1

One small thing: the rear slingmount on the stock is missing.

The bundeshwehr mp7 I was looking at didnt have the stock slingmount :)
  • Like 1

In my experience, 4k diffuse maps are fine, but other maps like the normal map and smdi need to be in 2k or less

Are you using the RHS config with RHSUSF installed? if you have RHSUSF installed, you can replace the default PBO with the one in RHS_Config, and that will give you access to RHS forgrips in the under barrel slot :)

I can tweak those values for sure :)

yeah I moved the old config out for the RHS one

• Like 1

The bundeshwehr mp7 I was looking at didnt have the stock slingmount :)

I am not to sure about that, the last time i had the chance to get my hands on a MP7 was about 3 Years ago, its not really that popular in the Airborne Troops because its, like i said extremely small.

kpfschwboarding05closexrh0.jpg

This MP7 from the Boardingteam of the Bundesmarine has a slingmount, but i also found pictures of MP7s without it, so i guess its not built in on all MP7.

Doesn't matter anyway great gun!

• Like 1

All right, I'll take a look and check I saved the config properly, at some point i'll probably make a fixed foregrip for it to save comparability issues arising up :)

• Like 3

I see. I'm not well versed in the technical aspects of modding so when I spotted this beauty at your artstation account I assumed it wasn't for arma due to the 4k textures (especially since I vaguely remember RHS not wanting to use 4k textures).

• Like 1