The map is amazing man so far and I love the other features your making for this. Great job!

• Like 1

Hello DL++ 

Sweet progress with the mod, also nice to see some goodies from the DSS mod being resurrected, far too much good stuff went to waste when work on DSS stopped.

i like that UI stuff you are doing man. scroll menu is the devil man.

great to see melee too. small suggestion though. make that swing sound way more quiet so it's more of a subtle complimentary thing. otherwise it sounds too much like an old kungfu movie lol. unless you want just that. nothing wrong with that of course.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bad benson said:

i like that UI stuff you are doing man. scroll menu is the devil man.

great to see melee too. small suggestion though. make that swing sound way more quiet so it's more of a subtle complimentary thing. otherwise it sounds too much like an old kungfu movie lol. unless you want just that. nothing wrong with that of course.

Hey bud

I agree with you the swing is to "in your face" (no pun intended ) What you have seen so far is the 1st build for the melee system, it needs to be cleaned and tweaked but the 1st objective was to get it working. I do indeed plan to make the swing quieter and add some different sounds for animals etc, If anyone has any good methods for creating a dust impact effect I can use on trees drop me a line <- something I need to add and find the time to do. 

and yes the scroll menu, a grudge of mine for a long time! :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Hello DL++ 

Sweet progress with the mod, also nice to see some goodies from the DSS mod being resurrected, far too much good stuff went to waste when work on DSS stopped.

I agree it was a very good mod and Ranwer135 has been a big help letting me use his swing animation and axe model. 

Re-working the terrain for the 4th time now, Decided I wanted to add more mountains. Current Progress. (L3DT complete n00b so im literally learning as I go.)

unknown_1.png

unknown_2.png

unknown_3.png

unknown_4.png

unknown_5.png

unknown.png

Testing the mountains in game. Im happy with the results so far... (PS sorry about the bad quality images my internet went down so I had to take photos on my phone )

e_Jw_Vz_FEOgy_AMANC7c_AAa_K2_Drb_Qg_Sx_I

e_Jw_Vz_FEOwi_AMg_OG7c_ACqx_Y12ty_GMMMyw

e_Jw_Vz_MENwy_AMAMBd_GAAXEwr_ONogg_Qh_Vq

e_Jw_Vz_Ns_Nwy_AMAMBd_GAA3_Jjycb_RBBh_Cr

• Like 4

Started adding some rivers to the terrain now 

20170406230458_1.jpg

20170406230611_1.jpg

20170406230622_1.jpg

20170406230624_1.jpg

20170406230650_1.jpg

20170406230723_1.jpg

20170406230802_1.jpg

• Like 7

Inventory concept....

It will retain the vanilla transparency 

What do we all think? 

17546733_10155298956293243_5927174119472

• Like 3

Looks really nice, it looks kind of like the arma 2 one.

• Like 1

North mountains are coming along nicely. once rocks are down and caves are created and tress grown! should create a nice arctic themed region 

18557265_10155442610863243_8200725477894

• Like 5

current sat map build just need to add roads and forests 

image_1.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BigBenREDUX said:

Excellent work DL.

Thanks @BigBenREDUX

Latest terrain build with the new sat map 

20170703003935_1.jpg

20170703000159_1.jpg

20170703000311_1.jpg

20170703000334_1.jpg

20170703003934_1_-_Copy.jpg

20170703004437_1.jpg

20170703004441_1.jpg

20170703004507_1.jpg

• Like 5

Looking great. :smile_o:

Since you are still working on your map, might i throw in some suggestions?

I think you should try playing around with the tree density in the forests. I'm no expert on how denser woods effect fps but I personally feel that whenever there is a forest in an arma game its very sparse and doesn't really feel like a forest when you can easily see 100m amongst the trees. If it is possible, try bumping up the amount of trees in key forests. I think it would greatly increase the forest feel of forests and make for some intense and very scary engagements. Its getting harder to get fog of war in arma these days and dense woods is one of those places. That it still happens naturally. 

If you've played the map valtatie 5(vt5) by finmod team (its on workshop) then you know what I'm talking about. That map has some great dense woods that make you feel like you should get the hell out of there before something jumps on you.

7 minutes ago, lamminrevityin said:

Since you are still working on your map, might i throw in some suggestions?

Hey @lamminrevityin thank you for the suggestions and I completely agree with you. I am a big fan of immersion and am deigning everything towards it . While denser forests do take a hit on FPS it can be done carefully to reduce the hit if you like. My approach is rather then using BI tree models and just placing lots of them and scaling them I am currently modelling my own terrain assets including trees of which are going to be designed in a way that they will help to make forests denser. along with forest foliage to help cover the ground level. The satellite image will also have forests on it designed to make forests darker. Rest assured I will be doing every I can to make the forests as dark and intense as possible while trying to maintain a playable FPS rate in them,, No Cure is going to have many mutated creatures and forest lurking threats so dark , dense immersive forests is a must for me. 

Thank you for the suggestions, hope this satisfies your interests. 

• Like 3

So As this grows in scope It has forced me into learning how to model. I am going to create a whole new set of terrain environment/nature assets for Ulak from rocks and trees to grass and clutter. Here is my first ever model created with blender. Still needs to be made low(er) poly but its a start. Big thanks to my good friend @HorribleGoat for holding my hand through the process and showing me the ropes. :) 

unknown.png

unknown_1.png

unknown_2.png

• Like 8

Here we go learning to make materials now in Blender attempt 1 - Still got a way to go but I think Im on the right tracks 

OTHtsBm.png

IqoSScw.png

hguBcfe.png

CYpL7Pi.png

• Like 4

Your ambition is matched by your tenacity.....reinventing the scroll wheel, terrain development, now custom asset development....pretty inspiring stuff mate. Keep it up!

• Like 1

Thank you @Evil Organ but I must admit while I desire to achieve something very ambitious and refuse to be beaten it is taking its toll there have been several moment this project has had me on my knees.. But that is where the community comes in and lifts motivation and makes me carry on as well as providing absolutely essential help where needed. So thank you for your support :) Ps keep up the good work with your own stuff too ..Ambient Birds is great! 

• Like 2

Rocks Rocks Rocks 

fyEuNee.png

0dpxCzB.png

KT99kl3.png

zIBtsrT.png

• Like 4