If i may sugggest something.... 

you can easly create BIS fire objects at random pos around center point. there are three different types of fire ... fire small / fire big / and fire barrel ... the barrel fire and the small fire are pretty much the same size.

you could easly call or spawn them use the big fire in the center and spawn a few smaller fires around the center point ...   if you feel its to intense you can just use the small fires ... there not that damaging.  And you could also copy and paste and create your own fire with its own fire damage values. and furthermore using the default fire objects... if you were to make your own fire config.. you could enable the smoke for the small fire.... 

BIS has a config value for smoke from the small fire... they have it set to zero.. if you set it to one it will enable smoke for small fires..... and its glorious... 

so the Molotov Has custom particles i spent 5 hours last night trying to use the fire damage setting and even on a realy realy tiny flame i will kill you in under a second i think the reason BI's dont is coz you never get that close to them if u stand on a campfire you will die i will look harder. but i was looking at a way to add screaming maybe dismount vehicles or just something that isnt  that generic fire damage sound repeated "sht sht ah ah sht sht sht ah aha"

• Like 1

Tried it, worked as expected. Amazing work.

Just a question: Would it be possible to improve the damage inflicted by stones? Ignore this if it's out of your plans.

Maybe do something like an old verison of fire damage as implemented by ALIAS?

_d = 0.01;

while {fireexpunere} do {
		enableCamShake true;
		addCamShake [5, 1, 17];
		_d=_d+0.02;
		player setdammage _d;
		playsound "burned";
		sleep 2.5+random 1;	
		enableCamShake false;
	};

Check ALIAS' scripts on the YT for his fire and napalm for examples...

Finally got damage on Molotov  to something useful  But then...... BI :P

so i used particles to visualize where the damage will be as i tested .

For reference all these particles are "Suppose" to be on the same level as normal fire RED flames mark damage spots have to keep them small to keep damage down .

http://i.imgur.com/uq3R9yh.jpg

As you can see they stack on top of each other or Are in wrong place  Even on flat ground they can not be in correct place.

looks like scripts might be only way to go 

• Like 1

New mod v0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Jones.S , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Looks really awesome! Have you considered to also add 'protest like' animations so ai can also show hostility without throwing stuff?

Great project :)

7 hours ago, Tiberius_161 said:

Looks really awesome! Have you considered to also add 'protest like' animations so ai can also show hostility without throwing stuff?

Great project :)

I Would love to do this i haven't animated anything before but will have a look into it soon 
there are some great people doing anims in arma3 at the moment i might see if i can get in contact with them 

I love the molotov, but can you increase the damage a bit, please? It's a little weird to listen ai's "ah,ıh,hoff,ıh" sounds for 5-6 seconds :D

-UPDATE 0.4--
+Added Vanilla Civs with stone/cans/bottles ALL eden and zeus compatible 
+Added Optional Compatibility PBO for  RDS civilians, Project opfor and APEX civs    with stone/cans/bottles ALL eden and zeus compatible 

+tweaked fire damage slightly still not great 

EDIT: if you have any other civilian mods that your would like CANS items added to just list them down i will make a patch 

DOWNLOAD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello @Jones.S! We've been having some problems with @CANS since the 64bit update, it crashes our clients and server when the civilians/users try to throw the stones from the mod. It seems to be a memory leak, though we aren't sure. 

On 3/26/2017 at 3:58 PM, klima said:

Hello @Jones.S! We've been having some problems with @CANS since the 64bit update, it crashes our clients and server when the civilians/users try to throw the stones from the mod. It seems to be a memory leak, though we aren't sure. 

Thank you for report i will look into it 

could you tell me if you are using any other mods EG ace cba 

Other than CANS we use ACE, ACEX, CBA, TFAR, Enhanced Movement and Splendid Smoke (Of addons I can imagine would maybe cause interference). Rest of our mods are terrains and uniforms. 

i have so far tested with ACE CBA i dont see tfar causing issues 
or enhanced movement still to test splendid smoke but i havent had any problems so far 
i am also preparing another update with a bit more DUMB can fun soon TM

Hi! thank you so much for this mod! I would like to make a test mission with Alive, is there any simple method to add these "weapons" to the civilian faction in order to spawn angry people (extremely hostile to blufor) with the civilian placement and population modules? (or maybe i should consider a new orbatron faction with the armed civilians) 

On 7/27/2017 at 1:06 PM, lucapec said:

Hi! thank you so much for this mod! I would like to make a test mission with Alive, is there any simple method to add these "weapons" to the civilian faction in order to spawn angry people (extremely hostile to blufor) with the civilian placement and population modules? (or maybe i should consider a new orbatron faction with the armed civilians) 

@lucapec i believe i added them to the CIV_F faction so they should spawn by default i dont know if the Default BI just uses all Men in the CIV_F faction  or they use a list and just pick from that
just in case u didnt know i have Men with stones and cans/bottles ect already there also compatibility for Mods like RDS/Project opfor ect so there civs have stones as well to help with missions 

ALSO news 
Still Really  looking for anyone willing to do a few animations for me for crowds that would fit into Cans Angry Civs ect  PM me if your intrested

Also looking for ideas of any new objects anyone would like to see [That would fit in] to add to cans mods and any futher idears 
Had a few long term plans  ["Civilian Backpacks and objects Give Civs baskets pipes tools ect that they "hold" add more life to them"] 

Also little teaser of stuff i got bored and made as a test learning new sound shaders 

• Like 4