24aSK9X.png

i Would like to Introduce my Quick mod i Made

Basic Premise is i wanted something for civilians to throw at convoys or players. The basic ai runaway and no interaction made arma3 feel empty When walking into towns,i wanted to create a sence of hostitaly towards militay types for being in these peoples towns.

Warning this is a very basic WIP Test

Features:

Current:

-Custom In house recorded sounds {yes i dropped a can next to my mic}
-Throwing of a simple Rusty can 

-FFV Support :P

-Ace Advanced Throwing Support :P

Planed:
-Different  types of cans

-More objects
-Better Sound

Bugs:

-i am sure there is a few in there 

-Molotov cocktail does not Cause damage need to create a script

-AI wont throw Molotov cocktails

-Need custom model for molotov

Usage:

A ammo Crate full of cans can be found under supply in editor Rusty Cans can be thrown Like all arma3 throwables  

For AI in missions i recommend you  Disable fleeing and movement so they dont try to run away if you want them to be throwing
i used [this allowFleeing 0; this disableAI "PATH";]

DOWNLOAD :

>>>DOWNLOAD LINK<<<

STEAM
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898902841&tscn=1491406681

--UPDATE 0.1--
+Added a Bottle
+Added a Small Stone
+Added suport for ace Fragmentation
+AI will Now throw These "grenades"

--UPDATE 0.2--
+Added Molotov cocktail [inc sounds icon]

+Added BIKEY and Signed mod 

~fixed redundant entry's

--UPDATE 0.3--
+Added a model for Molotov [it's really bad i am not a modeler ]
+Added Damage to Molotov [not great but hey you can burn those fools]

-UPDATE 0.4--
+Added Vanilla Civs with stone/cans/bottles ALL eden and zeus compatible 
+Added Optional Compatibility PBO for  RDS civilians, Project opfor and APEX civs    with stone/cans/bottles ALL eden and zeus compatible 

+tweaked fire damage slightly still not great 

--CLASSNAMES--
    Rusty Can  = "CANS_MAG"
    Small Rock = "ROCK_MAG"
    Plastic Bottle = "BOTTLE_MAG"

Molotov cocktail  = "MOLOTOV_MAG"

Pictures

cCijh2e.jpg

Credits

-BI for Models of cans
-Sykocrazy coz he is amazing
-super-truite & LordHeart to learn about grenade code in arma3

All content released by myself(Jones.S)  fall subject to the Arma Public Share-Alike (APL-SA) License, unless otherwise specified.

Exceptions to this license are made in the following, with stipulations regarding use -
Any persons or entities directly or indirectly involved with active development of Arma 3 Life OR Arma 3 Life derivatives ( additionally, by alias; Caiden). Stipulations - Do Not Redistribute, No alteration or de-binarizing of content, no use at all within publicly distributed data-archives(including executable installation) for entities that receive more than US$10 in lifetime donations. This exception applies retroactively. Failure to adhere to this will result in legal action.

• Like 15

This looks cool, would be nice if stones could be added aswell, so can the AI just throw them at you if they are in the AI's inventory?

• Like 1

Will you make Campbell Chicken Noodle soup cans?

(sorry, but every addon thread needs an shameless request).

• Like 2

Can the cans cause injuries? Excellent idea though. :)

so im looking in to this especial because i want to do stones as well,  i added small damage values to them but because they dont explode or have player collision i cant tell easley i might look into it a bit deeper and se if we cant do something fun.

but the intent is yes to have them cause minor damage 

So ran into a BIG Snag today.

figured out how to make AI thow this in a offensive manor.
simulation="shotGrenade";
Ai think there throwing a grenade 

Now problem is that simulation of grenade is includes the explosion sound  
i have removed all effects and craters but it still plays the sound.

i could make them a smoke grenade and they will work fine as intended no explosion sound but AI will not throw it without some scripting

if anyone has any ideas let me know 

I've actually wanted something similar to this in arma for a while, digging it! great job! :D

• Like 3

Instead of grenades, chemlights may be the solution. Btw have you tought about making molotovs?

so Chemlights are smoke grenades but the light is there particle effect. 
and AI dont throw chemlights or smoke at bad dudes. 

So for now i guess AI cant use them in the way i want but We can :P

EDIT: Also Molotovs would be cool 

could you not make a custom explosion sound that's just silent?

could you not make a custom explosion sound that's just silent?

sadly no just having simulation="shotGrenade";

make a sound happen that i cant find defined anywhere 

simulation="shotSmokeX";

that sound doesn't happen 

Yeah that's explosion sound annoyed me when I was working on molotovs etc, I could never find a solution.

5bec45e5c0e190b838325c609946a338.gif

Slowmo [fps isnt that bad Promis]

OK so i fixed the explody problem 

Next update will have rocks And Bottles that AI WILL Thow at you 
i will write up a little about best way to use them 

fbe1ab008cafe9ab78f8146b8f0cd3c9.jpg

dont let them Pile up to high :P

• Like 5

--UPDATE--

+Added a Bottle
+Added a Small Stone

+Added suport for ace Fragmentation 

+AI will Now throw These "grenades"

--CLASSNAMES--
    Rusty Can  = "CANS_MAG";
    Small Rock = "ROCK_MAG";
    Plastic Bottle = "BOTTLE_MAG";

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwNE3oNWMiBDQlhYN3ZCS0tVV1k/view

For AI in missions i recommend you  Disable fleeing and movement so they dont try to run away if you want them to be throwing

i used [this allowFleeing 0; this disableAI "PATH";]

• Like 1

--UPDATE 0.2--
+Added Molotov cocktail [inc sounds icon]
+Added BIKEY and Signed mod
~fixed redundant entry's

CLASSNAMES
Molotov cocktail  = "MOLOTOV_MAG"

BUGS

-Molotov cocktail does not Cause damage need to create a script[Fire damage is To intence/ unreliable ]

-AI wont throw Molotov cocktails
-Need custom model for molotov

DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwNE3oNWMiBDb1NCd19oWmpCa00/view

• Like 4

This looks great man... I haven't tried it yet, but from what I've seen/heard, it reminds me of the "angry civilians" function in VBS, that'd let a crowd of enraged AI controlled civs, to throw rocks and insults (maybe) at coalition forces.

I think that such a feature is necessary in ArmA, in order to correctly represent intense, raw scenarios, where supposedly "wrong" decisions made by NATO forces, contribute to the genesis of an harsh, hostile environment within the civilian population, with all the consequences of the abovementioned issue (more savage insurgency activities, violent protests, angry civilians protecting insurgents, etc.).

Since the devs kidnapped the amazing, necessary, precious civilian interaction system (A2CO) from the development of ArmA 3, it's always good to see some form of civilian interaction getting crafted.

This and other features would let us to recreate properly the atmosphere of early-mid-late 2000s counter insurgency operations in Iraq, which was/is the most interesting/fascinating (I'm not condoning nor approving it in this sentence tho) period in modern warfare operations, in my very honest opinion.

Keep up the good work..

BUGS

-Molotov cocktail does not Cause damage need to create a script[Fire damage is To intence/ unreliable ]

If i may sugggest something.... 

you can easly create BIS fire objects at random pos around center point. there are three different types of fire ... fire small / fire big / and fire barrel ... the barrel fire and the small fire are pretty much the same size.

you could easly call or spawn them use the big fire in the center and spawn a few smaller fires around the center point ...   if you feel its to intense you can just use the small fires ... there not that damaging.  And you could also copy and paste and create your own fire with its own fire damage values. and furthermore using the default fire objects... if you were to make your own fire config.. you could enable the smoke for the small fire.... 

BIS has a config value for smoke from the small fire... they have it set to zero.. if you set it to one it will enable smoke for small fires..... and its glorious... 

This really is fantastic work. I am already thinking of all the ways this can be used in missions. Combine it with the updated 3CB UK addon and we will see some very effective recreations of the Northern Irish conflicts and other groups of angry citizens reacting to armed forces.

• Like 2