serjames

3CB Modding team are looking...

Introduction : Hopefully we're not totally new to you, we've been a going concern as a British Military based Arma Unit since 2012. And started to create our own BAF style mods when we saw we couldn't get what we needed from Vanilla A3 assets.

You can learn more about us a Unit here http://www.3commandobrigade.com/

And the mods we've released here https://3cbmod.wordpress.com/

SO...

Doing these mods takes a LONG time. The modding team proper (I'm just a mascot and general "annoying ideas" guy) are really small, no more than a handful really.  We take our time and try to get things right first time out, which as you know means long periods of development, testing, more development, and more testing till we're 99.9% sure it's ready. And we're also absolute sticklers for quality... no slap dash ports here thank-you-very-much ;-)

We're grateful to all the support we get from other teams, and likewise anyone who knows us, understands how much time and help we give back by way of coding support or reciprocal sharing of assets etc. But our own Mods would move a lot faster if we had dedicated help.....

We-Need-You.jpg

So who are we looking for: Primarily we need Texture artists, Animators and Modelers. We have real experts who can do all the nasty coding and config work. But we have limited resource on getting the actual finished models. People who can produce authentic looking models and textures or animation  / rigging fiends. All welcome.

Why is that important: Pretty much every request we get both internally and externally is for new kit. Or for Kit that looks more modern or Period accurate. That's just not possible without good models to base it on; and we've just about stretched the limit on what's already available out there in A1/A2/Community land. Then we have to get it looking right, with awesome textures, in game and moving right...

So why would you want to Join us: We're really lucky to have some seriously skilled people who can get your creations into the game. We do this in a really social-able non competitive environment and have become great friends in learning how to get the best out of the engine we have. Apart from one team member, none of the guys had any modding or game development skills before they started and I would say in the short time they've been developing our packs; they have really got good at what they do. We can help bring you along on that Journey. 

What we are not: We're not a modding school. The guys just don't have time to teach people how to mod. What we need is people who are already good/fairly advanced at the skill they bring and who are looking for that next step. I.e. Getting the asset into game. This is where we really shine and can help coach and support.

But I don't want to play as British Royal Marines: Ideally we'd love it for people to join us properly and play with the kit we produce, that's the main reason we do it... To have a great crack with large coops and TvTs running around in MTP/DPM whatever... BUT we have people who collaborate with us who are not playing members so don't be put off by the "must join the unit" perception. That's effectively secondary to how the team work.

So how do I get in touch: Just send us a PM. Lifetap is the "manager" of the team and co-ordinates all the resources to ensure we get the best results. But feel free to speak to any of the familiar 3CB user names you see popping up on the threads. Alternatively we're active most nights on the TS: voice.3commandobrigade.com

I'm not sure what kind of a response this particular forum creates, but it can't hurt right ? ;-)

Cheers

SJ