Sign in to follow this  
shipbreaker

Helicopter rotor downwash effect disappears after a while. Same for aircraft exhaust wobbling air effect.

Hi there fellas.

There is one thing that particularly well plays on my nerves. It's a helicopter downwash effect, wind generated by the rotor that affects grass on the ground. It's very cool, but this effect disappears after a while. It shows up again when collective up is pressed again. But soon it disappears and grass is not affected at all by rotor wind.

Same thing happens in case of aircraft exhaust effect. When aircraft is running and idling on the ground, exhaust is visible only when I press throttle up, and stays for a while, than it disappears.

So my question is simple: is there any script/mod/any other fix, that takes care of this "bug" and makes those two effects mentioned above stay indefinitely?

I'm sorry if this question was already asked of wrong forum section was used for this topic. I tried to search for it, but to no avail.

Cheers, guys.

Sorry but this is arma not a flight sim. If you expect such realistic effects you should change to DCS or something like that.

By arma i mean Operation Flashpoint, a 15 year old game with new cover and new tricks added.

I'm sure the effect can be re-created somehow using pp effects? Not sure if you can attach pp effects to aircraft selection points though. Maybe someone else knows...

• Like 1

Sorry but this is arma not a flight sim. If you expect such realistic effects you should change to DCS or something like that.

By arma i mean Operation Flashpoint, a 15 year old game with new cover and new tricks added.

Sorry Davidoss, but I quite disagree. We are not talking about implementation of some kind of new feature or mechanism to Arma 3. We are talking about fixing something that is already there, but broken. This is not some kind of rocket science, I think. Recreating vehicle interiors for bigger realism or introducing better flight mechanics is one thing, but this is just a bug of feature already implemented.

If it's a bug, then your best bet for a fix is to submit a report on the feedback tracker.  

They might not see it on these forums (and especially in Mission Editing section).

• Like 2

If it's a bug, then your best bet for a fix is to submit a report on the feedback tracker.  

They might not see it on these forums (and especially in Mission Editing section).

Thanks for reply. I was just curious, if someone maybe fixed this bug via scripting already. I may submit this bug on a tracker, but let's face it- it's a minor bug, for most of people it's completely irrelevant for a gameplay, and I place a bet that it won't be fixed in the near future. If it's going to be fixed at all. Arma 3 is a great game, but extremely buggy and non-gamebreaking glitches won't be patched in a present century :p I put my hopes in modders.

Ok well tbh this is exactly the kind of thing you don't want to do as a modder as you end up fighting what the engine is trying to do.

Better to fix the engine.

As well, modding is more fun when you're doing creative things, not patching up bugs in the game.  ;)