S.Crowe

R3F Advance Logistics [Unofficial] [ACE3] - BETA

Looks great, definitely going to be using this once the ALiVE persistence is in

After player/players place objects from creation factory, is there a lifetime on those objects ie, do they delete after a certain amount of time? Or can you set an object limit, so once its reached players have to remove items placed or if limit reached when another item is placed the first item placed deletes (just thinking this could save some server fps when loads of players start building), i really should try this out first maybe? (Ie credit system maybe solves all this),is there a system in place where a server admin can go in and either delete all placed objects in a certain radious or just simply delete all objects placed, i know this could be sorted with reg server restarts but i just like the thought of doing this on the fly.

Ps awesome work :)

If it is like the old R3F then they stay put so long as the server is up. There was a code that worked with ALIVE persistence to save the placement of objects too, but it was always a little buggy.

You could associate costs with things drawn from the creation factory, so there was a limit on what could be put up based on that. 

• Like 1

Hey I ran across an issue, I dunno if anyone can help me with it. When I tried to place an object down I got this.

0987c6d735d60638ac3d53d86f74ba7a.png

I currently use, RHS_USAF; RHS_AFRF; ACE3; RHSGREF ACRE; ALIVE; CUP_Terrains_Complete; CBA_A3; Nimitz; R3F Logistics (Duh)

Edit: Also I cannot interact with sandbags.

This is great! Is there a way to remove objects from the factory/add new ones? 

• Like 1

@blakeman

Good question. Next version will have persistence with ALiVE. I use ALiVE all the time, and this is definitely on my todo list.

We have a public Slack channel if you have any dev-related questions.  PM me for more info.

We just want to recall that the original R3F Logistic is still very efficient  : we use it everyday without any bug and in continual satisafaction, for example In our 24h Mission OPEX 2.0.

It is to be used as a version script :  https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/170033-r3f-logistics/

Doc english version  is here : http://team-r3f.org/public/wiki/divers/EN_DOCUMENTATION.pdf

It is just a bit surprising that S.Crowe never asked authorization  for his use of the "Original R3F Logistic".

Madbull (the R3F author) does not valid this version at that point because as many functions has been removed or modified , the risk to use this unoriginal version is not known.

Diffidently going to give it a try. but any planns on adding the advanced sling loading by the same guy as advanced towing, if so i could remove 2 mods and 1 script from my server just a thought love the mod anyways though.

It is just a bit surprising that S.Crowe never asked authorization  for his use of the "Original R3F Logistic".

Madbull (the R3F author) does not valid this version at that point ...

Uh, that's really a fail. Think everyone was thinking, that there is an actual permission from the original creators of R3F. Would recommend to sort that out, before anything will be continued.

Short report to topic: sandbags can't be moved after placement.

But as it seems, there are more important things to be sorted out.

Sorry guys, I've been called into work the last few days. My next free days are Thursday/Friday. So it may be a few days before I get this baby updated. I think some things have gotten broken since the 1.64 update.

As for issues with permission. I am following the license... that's why we licenses things. You as a author put a license on your code so that you don't NEED everyone to message you to ask permissions. It also deals with the issues of authors not being around. If madbull, and the R3F team didn't want their shit to be used they would have put a very strict license on it. That's how license works. I have been very transparent about it, and I should have reference to the original work in every script of the source code. Is it still good to ask permission. Yeah it doesn't hurt. They can't really say no, but it is polite.

For example, I created Loadout Transfer... it has a license. You can use my code without emailing me as long as you follow the license. Hell, you can even use my code in a commercial sense as long as the original code falls under the license.

As killjoe_R3F said, the original R3F logistics is still really good. Please go an use it. Especially if you want it for mission only. I just liked R3F so much that I wanted to make it more modern within the ACE framework.

By the way if no one has figured it out: the title R3F Advance Logistics doesn't mean Advance as in better, the word Advance is from Duda's Advance Towing.... get it?

• Like 3

@S.Donohue

Your not using ALiVE, and I forgot to put a check for that. I will do that and update it this Friday or Thursday. The error is harmless, it is just looking for an ALiVE function that doesn't exist.

Can you post a documentation ?

And hope the guys from madbull R3F do not mind their code remains their code, it's a improvement and Ace 3 compatible. Find it well and hope you go on?

Yeah documentation incoming. It was suppose to be done last Friday, but I was called into work, and I've worked everyday from last Thursday to yesterday (Monday). So, you should see some updating this Thursday or Friday.

Sorry guys, I've been called into work the last few days. My next free days are Thursday/Friday. So it may be a few days before I get this baby updated. I think some things have gotten broken since the 1.64 update.

As for issues with permission. I am following the license... that's why we licenses things. You as a author put a license on your code so that you don't NEED everyone to message you to ask permissions. It also deals with the issues of authors not being around. If madbull, and the R3F team didn't want their shit to be used they would have put a very strict license on it. That's how license works. I have been very transparent about it, and I should have reference to the original work in every script of the source code. Is it still good to ask permission. Yeah it doesn't hurt. They can't really say no, but it is polite.

For example, I created Loadout Transfer... it has a license. You can use my code without emailing me as long as you follow the license. Hell, you can even use my code in a commercial sense as long as the original code falls under the license.

As killjoe_R3F said, the original R3F logistics is still really good. Please go an use it. Especially if you want it for mission only. I just liked R3F so much that I wanted to make it more modern within the ACE framework.

By the way if no one has figured it out: the title R3F Advance Logistics doesn't mean Advance as in better, the word Advance is from Duda's Advance Towing.... get it?

I agree, given the licencing of my towing addon, you're completely free to modify and redistribute the code. Don't need permission. However, you should probably not use R3F in the name of your addon.

Also, with a small active addon community, it's very respectful to let addon authors know ahead of time that you're rewriting and redistributing their addon (even though it's not "legally" required). It's unfortunate you didn't try to reach out to R3F to give them a heads up... Would have been the nice thing to do.

@duda123 (and everyone in the whole Arma community)

Also, with a small active addon community, it's very respectful to let addon authors know ahead of time that you're rewriting and redistributing their addon (even though it's not "legally" required). It's unfortunate you didn't try to reach out to R3F to give them a heads up... Would have been the nice thing to do. 

Isn't that bitch though? I guess its polite to ask people, but its kinda redundant right? What are they going to say? No? From my perspective, when you put a license on something, your saying to the whole world exactly what you want the code to be used for and in what context. That's the whole point of licenses. You as an author are telling others so they don't have to bother you with the question. License are suppose to eliminate that conversation because it you as an author have made a public answer (through your license) to the common question. 

I've had other programmers get pissed when I overlooked the license (didn't see it), and posed a question about using their code. They respond with a resounding frustration, "Didn't you read the license?". Polite to you or anyone else, is an annoyance to somebody else. 

The hard part is that people (not directed at you duda) have a general lack of understand of licenses and how they are meant to be used. Then you combine that ignorance with a sense of ownership, the modding community becomes nasty real quick.

However, you should probably not use R3F in the name of your addon.

The title of my modified addon is to honor both the R3F team and your work Duda. R3F Advance Logistics.

Honestly, I guess I am damned if I do and I am damned if Id on't. If I would have named it Super Logistics... you know someone would be like "Why didn't put R3F in the title? Are you trying to steal their work?"  :angry:

If you (duda) are offended, I will be happy to remove Advance. If R3F team is offended. I will remove R3F.

I have been very VERY VERY transparent that I am not part of the R3F team, that I am not the original author of both works. I have listed the links to the original works. I have place the original license about each authors modified works with a note that it was modified. Every part of the source code should have a notification on the top telling you who was the original author, the license, if it was modified, and where you can find the original authors original work.

Anyway, discussions over politeness, licenses, and EULA issues probably shouldn't be held in this post. I respect the opinions of everyone here, and I believe this is a good conversation to have, but this is not the appropriate place for it. Let's just talk about the addon. If duda or the R3F team is upset with my addon title, please contact me through PM, and I will get in contact with moderator and fix the issue.

Also, I want it to mentioned that both duda and the R3F team are completely free to take my modifications of their work and incorporating it into their work without attribution.

TL;DR - I'm am a asshat, and Doctor Who Season 9 sucked balls.

• Like 4

Oh I agree - in terms of all the legal licencing / mentioning authors / all of your changes, etc you did a great job, really no complaints there. Glad you're working on improving addons! (if R3F have any issues with naming, they can contact you)

However, the reason I bring up contacting owners isn't to ask their permission. Not much benefit there as you mentioned. Besides just being friendly thing to do, the real reason is related to the possibility of collaboration between addon authors - to build something greater together. Sometimes it doesn't work out, other times it does. That's all - no more discussion needed on that topic or licencing.

Unrelated, I took a look at the towing changes. Noticed some potential areas where you might see some bugs. At the beginning of many of the functions, it used to remoteExec itself on a vehicle's owner's client (if the client wasn't the owner). Instead, it looks like all of those have been replaced by setOwner calls. You might run into some locality issues when a vehicle's owner can't be changed. (e.g. taking the rope out of a vehicle that another player is driving). I'm pretty sure you can't change the owner to the non-driving player.

BTW, if you ever want to collaborate on any of my addons, let me know. Would love to add optional ACE integration to all of them and I'm sure everyone using them would appreciate it.

• Like 5

Would love to add optional ACE integration to all of them and I'm sure everyone using them would appreciate it.

This! Most definitely this!

BTW, if you ever want to collaborate on any of my addons, let me know. Would love to add optional ACE integration to all of them and I'm sure everyone using them would appreciate it.

Maybe advanced Slingloading and advanced Rappeling could be implemented? Urban Rappeling would be harder, wouldn't it? Maybe work together as Team or something :)

The community, where I play ArmA 3, use all of your mods and is very happy with them.

is it possible   interaction with an object simple  placed via Zeus, in the  Eden ?