S.Crowe

R3F Advance Logistics [Unofficial] [ACE3] - BETA

advLog.png R3F Advance Logistics

This the only official unofficial official copy of R3F Advance Logistics.

Note: This was not created by the R3F team, the name is just in the mod to honor the original creators.

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=747956474

What is this crazy mod?

Watch the video, but in short it is an upgraded and rewritten R3F Logistics built on the ACE framework.

Documentation

Taking a page out of BI's notebook, there is little documentation, but here is what I have so far.

To add the creation factory to an object all you need to do is add this in the init of the object:

[this] AdvLog_fnc_factoryInit;

If you want to have a limit to the credits (in this case 1000), you can do so by changing the init to:

[this, 1000] AdvLog_fnc_factoryInit;

More documentation on R3F Advance Logistics coming soon. Will it be here before the official terrain lighting documentation? Post your guess in the forum below.

FAQ

Question:

• Will this effect ACE logistics?

Answer:

• Yes, it will turn ACE logistics off. Because lets face it, this is better.

Question:

• You say it is completely configurable? How?

Answer:

• It is, but I just haven't written the how yet.

Question:

• Will there be a script version.

Answer:

• Short answer: no. The reason is because CBA has blacklisted static objects in extended eventhandlers. I had to unblacklist them, which needs an addon to do so. If CBA changes that in the future, then yes there can be a script version, but for now, no.

Legal

R3F Advance Logistics follows all the licenses of the original R3F Logistics and Advance Towing. The portions of the R3F Advance Logistics that contain modified R3F Logistics code fall under the GNU General Public License V3. The portions of of R3F Advance Logistics that contain modified Advancing Towing fall under The MIT License. 

Advance Towing Original Source Code: https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedTowing 

R3F Advance Logistics Source Code: https://github.com/stcrowe/R3FAdvLog

Other Downloads (probably out of date, who knows):
  • Like 14

That looks great..nice work on the re-write..I have always used the original but will be using this now.

Any place to get it instead of Steam Workshop? I avoid that at all costs. Thanks for sharing.

Diesel

Whether  is planned support for  interaction with an object placed just across the Eden ?

Excellent mod. I had previously used R3F, ACE and Duda's towing mod so this is a welcome merger / upgrade of the three.

One question; will this version allow items from other mods to be towed? Currently Duda's version does not allow towing of RHS artillery pieces for example.

Cheers.

Hey Great looking mod i do have a problem 

sadly will not work in init 

i am not a very good script monkey 

5c2fc1243e9e12ed289a351a8f682926.png

• Like 2

[this]  call AdvLog_fnc_factoryInit;

Hey Great looking mod i do have a problem 

sadly will not work in init 

i am not a very good script monkey 

5c2fc1243e9e12ed289a351a8f682926.png

• Like 2

will there be a script version?

Question:

• Will there be a script version.

Answer:

• Short answer: no. The reason is because CBA has blacklisted static objects in extended eventhandlers. I had to unblacklist them, which needs an addon to do so. If CBA changes that in the future, then yes there can be a script version, but for now, no.

• Like 1

Are there any plans to add more axis rotate options for objects? Would love to rotate vertically as well as horizontally.

Thx

I got som ACE things there insent loadble, is ther a code for init line like in the old versions?

For Vanilla vehicles, it will autoload a spare tire (for wheeled) and 2 spare tracks (for tracked).

You can also autoload stuff by simply typing this in the init: (in this example, I am adding a extra wheel)

[this, ["ACE_Wheel"]] call AdvLog_fnc_autoload;
  • Like 1

Will this have the ability to work with ALIVE?

The previous edition worked with a script to save to persistent servers, just wondering if this works the same way.

Thank you for all your work on this, the previous mod was great but definitely needed updating.

• Like 1

@blakeman

Good question. Next version will have persistence with ALiVE. I use ALiVE all the time, and this is definitely on my todo list.

• Like 4

@blakeman

Good question. Next version will have persistence with ALiVE. I use ALiVE all the time, and this is definitely on my todo list.

Thanks for the reply, most of the guys I play with love ALIVE and we have used R3F to pack up and build whole bases before, lots of fun.

Thanks again for modernizing this.

• Like 1

tumblr_lsxe1kY8Ov1r4wwalo1_500.jpg

Ive waited for a day like this for quite some time. Definitely gonna give this a go on my server.

A2/3 R3F was awesome, and this is looking like it will be even better :D

Update inbound.... expect it before Friday.

New things:

• ALiVE support
  • More documentation

Fixes:

• Objects moving due to the animation when placing a big object
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you had a look at CUP Terrains compatibility AiAterrain objects would have same classnames  from r3f

• Like 1

Update inbound.... expect it before Friday.

New things:

• ALiVE support
  • More documentation

Fixes:

• Objects moving due to the animation when placing a big object

Awesome bud, keep up the good work.

Another question. When I modified R3F for my old unit's uses I figured out how to work it so that each box had a size and things like a big cargo container could not be stored in a humvee, will those type of options still be there?

They are there now. Just need to post documentation lol

• Like 1

They are there now. Just need to post documentation lol

Awesome, waiting till you get it solid with ALIVE, then I'll bust into it.  :D

After player/players place objects from creation factory, is there a lifetime on those objects ie, do they delete after a certain amount of time? Or can you set an object limit, so once its reached players have to remove items placed or if limit reached when another item is placed the first item placed deletes (just thinking this could save some server fps when loads of players start building), i really should try this out first maybe? (Ie credit system maybe solves all this),is there a system in place where a server admin can go in and either delete all placed objects in a certain radious or just simply delete all objects placed, i know this could be sorted with reg server restarts but i just like the thought of doing this on the fly.

Ps awesome work :)