A Mod based on Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, which covers the series from the original era until Ghost Recon Wildlands. It is primarily focused on making a functional and working CROSSCOM 2.0 system in Arma, based on the one from Advanced Warfighter and Future Soldier. 

Youtube Showcase-

https://youtu.be/WH3YTKi3eJ8

CTZX19v.jpg

Ghost Lead, Kozak, Pepper and 30K sweep through a European village with the CROSSCOM active. Allied squadmates are shown as Blue, while hostiles are Red, civilians white. The shape denotes unit type- infantry are diamonds, vehicles squares, with icon shape, size and color as close to GR's as possible. The small feed in the bottom corner gives a real time grid reference (GRD) and time. (LMT)

CMeCdR9.jpg

Here you can see some OPFOR units that have been tagged by the HUD- if the players lose sight of the units the HUD projection/ feed will show a broken outline at their last spotted location, before disappearing over a short time. 

2z8LHw4.jpg

A screenshot of some players moving through a mission built for the CROSSCOM mod- A Ghost Team deployed to the Mediterranean in order to find and eliminate an enemy BODARK recon team, who are supporting Militia units in the area. This video uses outdated uniforms (VSM V1- and the current uniforms for the various Ghost Recon era soldiers are VSM V2.)

Technical mod information-

The CROSSCOM will IFF (Identify Friend/Foe) targets out to 200m for infantry, 300m for vehicles, in a colored diamond for infantry, square for vehicle, similar to Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter- Red is hostile or unknowns, Blue is allied squadmates. Weather, time of day and the amount of cluttered terrain or stance all affect the HUD- it's harder to get an accurate read for the CROSSCOM when at night, in bad weather such as a storm or typhoon, and prone targets in brush terrain are harder to tag than standing targets in the open. The HUD also gives a readout of your current grid reference (GRD) and time of day (Local Mean Time, LMT) in the corner of the screen. 

Squad Linked HUD-

The HUD is linked between squad members, meaning if one player spots a target it will appear as tagged for the entire squad if they are in close proximity to each other, out to about 50-75m between the individuals. I recommend disabling the ingame Squad hexagons when using the CROSSCOM. 

Broken LOS Area marks-

If you have no direct line of sight to the tagged target or have lost line of sight to the target, for example if an enemy ducks behind cover, a broken outline of the diamond or square in the respective colour will appear in the last spotted location for a short period of time before fading on your HUD. 

The CROSSCOM is linked to several inventory items, and will only boot up and be enabled if you are wearing those items- the mod scans your inventory upon spawn and gives you tactical googles if you have no CROSSCOM item, meaning that the mod is usable in all custom missions and even in the official campaign, but bear in mind that it is rather over-powered for the base game campaign.

UAV Supported-

If you have a UAV overwatch in your mission that is controlled by a player who had the HUD, the UAV can tag targets for infantry or armored units.  If a squadmate has the HUD enabled while linked to a UAV drone, the UAV's tag targets will be projected onto the HUD of the UAV operator and all infantry units in that squad, visible as a tag which can been seen through obstacles such as hills and terrain. If your UAV looses visual on the enemy forces the tag is removed after a short period of time. 

In addition to the HUD, the mod also moves the player's third person camera to an over-the-shoulder perspective, similar to the Ghost Recon games. 

Ghost Recon Faction-

The mod includes a faction of units based on Delta Company, 1st Battalion, 5th Special Forces Group 'Ghost Recon' during the three major time periods over the course of the series. 

This includes the 'Classic Era', which covers the pre-GRAW (pre 2013) time period, and the soldiers are armed with M4A1 Carbines, M249 SAW's, M14's and MP5's.

Classic units are equipped in M81 camo and have no CROSSCOM auto-enabled. Notably lighter gear and lack of helmets compared to later depictions of the units.

All unit have loadouts/ units based on the PS2 or PC version of the game, Veteran Difficulty, with some liberties taken for game play reasons, such as adding smoke grenades, which were not in the original. All classes are based on the game's preset kits and options. 

Yes, before anyone asks the brown Ghille is correct and not a mistake, as both the Island Thunder and Jungle Storm campaigns have the Ghost's Sniper unit wearing a brown Ghille suit. 

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare/GRAW Era covers the Mexican Civil War period of 2013-2014, and soldiers from the Bolivia campaign in Ghost Recon Wildlands are also included. 

OChfbtS.jpg

LN4k2PO.jpg

npyZmPx.jpg

Credits- Deadfast (Shoulder camera) and TPW for original HUD code, used with permission. 

List of CROSSCOM supported items- 

Tactical Glasses, Tactical Googles, VR Headset, Assassin Helmet (Black), Viper helmets.

Download Links-

Steam Workshop-

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1274118490

Armaholic-

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31449

• Like 9

Updated with link to video showcase mission, and added more detail about the HUD icons and their meaning. 

First Mission completed- CO1- Watchful Yeoman

qhxHpp5.jpg

xKzUNvy.jpg

9dw3Oqz.jpg

gKUmhMc.jpg

A complete remake of the mission of the same name from Ghost Recon Island Thunder, you lead 3 Ghost teams in an attack on a Cartel supply drop and plantation ground. 

The mission includes named characters from the original game, with custom equipment, weapons and facial appearance based on the original game. It also featues custom commands- Instead of saying "1, move up" your character will say "Ghosts, move up." All playable and OPFOR units have custom loadouts, based on the orginal game's Veteran Difficulty, PC version. 

Also features the combat soundtrack from Ghost Recon, which plays during the mission. (Soundtrack copyright Red Storm Entertainment, 2002)  

BRIEFING:
As you know, gentlemen, we are here to help safeguard the first democratic
elections Cuba's seen since before Batista took control. Since Castro's death
in 2006, the Cuban people have had a succession of increasingly incompetent
thugs in charge, and thankfully, that's going to change. The elections are
going to occur in early May, and our job is to make sure that they go off
without a hitch. What that means is that we've been volunteered to make sure
that the elements that want to bring back the bad old days don't get a chance
to win the elections at gunpoint.

Your first assignment is a basic contraband seizure. One of our patrol
helicopters spotted a light cargo dropping a few suspicious-looking crates over
an abandoned tobacco plantation. The chopper crew was able to drive off the
men who were moving the crates once they landed, but they need ground support
to do the job properly. Seeing as the troops were trying to haul those crates
off look a lot like the guerrillas who've been reported bullying voters in a
few of the western cities, we're not taking any chances.

Your orders are simple. You'll be inserted by helicopter on the plantation
grounds. Once your en route, the patrol chopper will peel off and leave the
ground troops to you. Take control of the old plantation buildings first, as
that's what the guerrillas are using for cover. Then, destroy those packages and
clear the troops around them. They'll probably make an effort to retrieve
them once the helicopter leaves, so things will be happening in a hurry.

OBJECTIVES:
1. Seize Plantation Grounds
2. Destroy First Package
3. Destroy Second Package

OTHER MISSION INFO:

Weather: Partly Cloudy
Time: 6:30AM (Daylight)

Mission is SP / COOP compatible, with team switching and High Command enabled. 

Download link- 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=770684273

• Like 4

Loving this mod!, though I'm quite new to mission making for my mates and I'm not quite sure how the scripting stuff works. From my experience just having the Crosscom mod running gives me all the tpw ambient stuff, though I read somewhere that I need to add the script to my mission folder then call upon it? In other words I'm a bit lost on what I'm actually supposed to do. 

Cheers

• Like 1

Loving this mod!, though I'm quite new to mission making for my mates and I'm not quite sure how the scripting stuff works. From my experience just having the Crosscom mod running gives me all the tpw ambient stuff, though I read somewhere that I need to add the script to my mission folder then call upon it? In other words I'm a bit lost on what I'm actually supposed to do. 

Cheers

OK- It does use TPW's code (I did get permission) but the only active elements of it are the HUD itself, which I heavily edited to give it it's Ghost Recon style look. It does not include any of TPW's singleplayer only features so should work fully in MP. The mod should give you some tactical glasses in your inventory upon spawn, if you put them on you get the HUD- sometimes you need to take them off and on again to get it to work properly. 

You do not need to add anything to the mission to have the HUD enabled, only have the Tactical googles/ Tactical Glasses or other HUD supported items (there is a list of them) on your character's facewear slot. You should not have TPW running at the same time as this, it works fine by itself- It is possible that TPW may overwrite the GR userconfig with TPW's settings, so I'll try and see if renaming the Userconfig will prevent it from being overwritten- I've gotten sidetracked lately with the missions and working on making factions. 

CROSSCOM 2.0 Update-

-Optimised filesize, reducing it greatly. 

-New feature- UAV linking of the HUD- If a squadmate has the HUD enabled while linked to a UAV drone, the UAV's tag targets will be projected onto the HUD of the UAV operator and all infantry units in that squad, visible as a tag which can been seen through obstacles such as hills and terrain. If your UAV looses visual on the enemy forces the tag is removed after a short period of time. 

-Added BODARK equipment to the compatible HUD items if people want to play as OPFOR. (Assassin Helmet (Black), Viper Helmets)

List of CROSSCOM supported items- 

Tactical Glasses, Tactical Googles, VR Headset, Assassin Helmet (Black), Viper helmets. 

Download Link-

https://www.mediafire.com/?owy5m74mr2kzn19

• Like 2

OK- It does use TPW's code (I did get permission) but the only active elements of it are the HUD itself, which I heavily edited to give it it's Ghost Recon style look. It does not include any of TPW's singleplayer only features so should work fully in MP. The mod should give you some tactical glasses in your inventory upon spawn, if you put them on you get the HUD- sometimes you need to take them off and on again to get it to work properly. 

You do not need to add anything to the mission to have the HUD enabled, only have the Tactical googles/ Tactical Glasses or other HUD supported items (there is a list of them) on your character's facewear slot. You should not have TPW running at the same time as this, it works fine by itself- It is possible that TPW may overwrite the GR userconfig with TPW's settings, so I'll try and see if renaming the Userconfig will prevent it from being overwritten- I've gotten sidetracked lately with the missions and working on making factions. 

The glasses are working fine so far, quck question with them though, is it possible to have target boxes around friendlies only and not bad guys? Kinda makes it less scary when you can spot zombies through the fog @ 200m haha :P These with the TWP features are they included in the pbo, I don't need to add any scripts to my mission file for them to work right? Cause at the moment on my multiplayer mission I noticed the fog breath effect, ambient animals, ambient people sounds etc and that's just through the provided pbos. I haven't added any of the TWP scripts to my mission file. 

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm shocking at wording shit over the internet haha, also new version :D 

Cheers

Could you delete your TPW_MODS userconfig file and replace it with the updated one? If you have all the TPW effects you may have installed TPW itself, which would have overwritten the Crosscom- I need to look into getting the userconfig re-named and have Crosscom search for the new name to prevent that from happening.

As for the CROSSCOM's effectiveness, I tried to reduce the effectiveness of the enemy tag as much as I could, and it's affected and is reduced by night/ time of day, weather such as rain, storms and typhoons, and should be less accurate in cluttered terrain. I did consider decreasing the range further, but it's currently set to 200m (infantry targets in the open) or 250-300 (vehicles) and that, for Arma at least, is what I would consider approaching CQB range, where the kind of combat in Ghost Recon takes place. 

No scripts should be needed to get the Crosscom working, but bear in mind I've only done smaller scale, 4 player testing, and am unsure how it work with larger playercounts or dedicated servers- if you have any feedback on that would be helpful. 

Could you delete your TPW_MODS userconfig file and replace it with the updated one? If you have all the TPW effects you may have installed TPW itself, which would have overwritten the Crosscom- I need to look into getting the userconfig re-named and have Crosscom search for the new name to prevent that from happening.

As for the CROSSCOM's effectiveness, I tried to reduce the effectiveness of the enemy tag as much as I could, and it's affected and is reduced by night/ time of day, weather such as rain, storms and typhoons, and should be less accurate in cluttered terrain. I did consider decreasing the range further, but it's currently set to 200m (infantry targets in the open) or 250-300 (vehicles) and that, for Arma at least, is what I would consider approaching CQB range, where the kind of combat in Ghost Recon takes place. 

No scripts should be needed to get the Crosscom working, but bear in mind I've only done smaller scale, 4 player testing, and am unsure how it work with larger playercounts or dedicated servers- if you have any feedback on that would be helpful. 

The mission I'm making is only for 6 people so my results will most likely be of the same nature. Also would it possible in the TWP config to have a setting like 'showenemy = 0' kinda thing? I have no idea how to script so this is just a thought. 

Cheers.

I was just digging around earlier for you today, and it seems like it's only 'show icons' on/off, which affects both teams. 

I've been working with VSM for a while now, and the next few updates for the Crosscom should be pretty awesome.

We plan to link his custom Opscore Helmets or MICH's up to helmet cameras so other people can see the feed through their own gear, as in Advanced Warfighter 2, and am also working on some GR themed insignias-

CaK86nz.jpg

Shoulder badge preview. 

• Like 5

I've been working with VSM for a while now, and the next few updates for the Crosscom should be pretty awesome.

We plan to link his custom Opscore Helmets or MICH's up to helmet cameras so other people can see the feed through their own gear, as in Advanced Warfighter 2, and am also working on some GR themed insignias-

Shoulder badge preview. 

Hype! My mission is all VSM gear as well! This should be good

Also unfortunate about the character markers. Ahh well guess best way to overcome this is send way more zombies at them :P 

• Like 1

So I dug up some old artwork from 2004. 

REkNWNC.jpg

Joe Ramirez

FZGVGQe.jpg

Marcus Brown

And ingame re-creations-

kamirfS.jpg

OPHfJkW.jpg

• Like 1

Have you got a link to the VSM and other mods required for Watchful Yeoman mission?

I want to have a crack at the mission this weekend.

Easy done- 

VSM V1 uniforms for the Ghosts-

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=605161675

Correct Ghost optics (Trijicon Reflex RX01 NSN) and the occasional Cartel weapon-

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=695057071

Old 'Clamshell' M4A1's for the Ghosts-

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=667396202

NIA core files for AR's

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=667454606

EDIT-

Dependencies have changed since this post, check the Workshop page for dependencies now. 

How to set this up for a MP server then? script/server side if possible or its only Client side?

If you want to use the CROSSCOM in MP it's client side (as it only affects HUD and does not add any game items), just make sure everyone of your guys has it enabled- note that if anyone has TPW_Mods, that mods' userconfig will conflict with the Crosscom. 

The next few updates may add actual game content, meaning you might need it on a server, but right now it's planned for insignias, some camo patterns and eventually some custom Crye body armor that was used in GRAW/GRAW2. 

New mod v2.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey jarrad96 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

2 things I would recommend added

1. A serverkey so it can be added on servers

2. Pip so you can see what your squadmates are seeing just like in the game

Excellent job on the mod, keep it up

1- Serverkey- isn't there a way to auto-generate one of these? If there is, I'll do that and include it in the next update. 

2- PIP is a work-in-progress, as I'm unsure how to do it- right now Ctab cameras will have to be used as a stand-in until I get a working script for PIP feeds from helmets or something similar. 

• Like 1

Poll added-

Ghost Recon themed units are in the works, and will cover the three primary 'Eras' of Ghost Recon with it's own custom units-

-The Ghost Recon 'Classic' era, which is all GR games before GRAW, and will contain units in M81 woodland camo, and older weapons, as well as matching classes of the original games where possible in equipment and appearance. These units will NOT have the CROSSCOM already on them when spawned. Weapons like the M4A1 and old M14 will be used by this element of the faction. 

-The 'Advanced Warfighter' era, which will be units carrying SCAR-L's and SCAR-H's, with Multi-cam uniforms, and will be the first units to have CROSSCOM systems. Some WILDLAND's style units may appear in this part of the faction if people want them. 

-The 'Future Soldier' era, which will have units in various camo's and carrying weapons such as the ACR and MPX, Vector and Stoner 99 LSAT. 

All units will use VSM uniforms/equipment for a base, and will have full zeus, ALiVE and editor compatibility- weapons are voted for via poll. 

(EDIT) - Both options won the poll, so I have made a vanilla weapons version and a SMA version of the faction. 

• Like 5

Can't wait for the units. They look great! Huge fan of ghost recon.

• Like 1