setman

Flatting terrain

Hi,

I am trying to flatten my roads on my map. I pulled it into TB and used the red/green  balls to make some of the roads flat. Then I saved it using the Map Frame Properties

Packed up the PBO. The terrain did not change. Do I need to do it in L3TD and then re import it?

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to flatten my roads on my map. I pulled it into TB and used the red/green  balls to make some of the roads flat. Then I saved it using the Map Frame Properties

Packed up the PBO. The terrain did not change. Do I need to do it in L3TD and then re import it?

Thanks

You need to export the wrp. The height field is contained inside it

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks

If you mean you saved it from Mapframe properties by hitting the "Rebuild Terrain" button inside the Properties Dialog, you did not. 

Then what you did was regenerate your existing heightfield from the sounce data you used to create your heightfield inside TB in the first place.  That's what the "Rebuild Terrain" button does - Generate a Heightfield inside the Mapframe from source data.

If you did do this, then your changes will have been lost by TB re-importing your source data.

As mentioned above - firstly saving your project inside TB and then exporting the WRP would have saved your changes inside TB and to your WRP file.

If you want to maintain "backups" of your heightfield as you edit it, you have to go to: File>>Export >>Terrain and export your heightfield from TB into a suitable file format, of which ASC is usually the one of choice due to its fast import/export speed and respectable filesizes.

• Like 1