Sign in to follow this  
GC-Reno

How to reinstall

Since I no longer have my previous computer with the Arma download, do I have to purchase the game again? Is there a record somewhere of my purchase so I can download again?

This is why I prefer hard copies instead of digital downloads.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Install steam, log into it, and any games you bought via steam are there waiting to be downloaded/reinstalled.

This is why I prefer hard copies instead of digital downloads.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Well, what makes digital content better is that you will always have it. Discs can get broken or scratched.But so long as you have the same email address etc, you can always log into steam from any PC and all your games will be there.And a lot of your saves too if you use the cloud save feature from steam.

So-in short, no you do not have to buy the game again :)

• Like 2

This is absolutely great news! Thanks a lot for the info guys, I appreciate it. One last question, do you happen to have the link?

Also, even if you have your hard copy, you can activate it on Steam. I recently found this out with ArmA2. Actually, it wasn't even a hard copy (although you can apparently activate hard copies) I used my Sprocket activation codes. I found the codes on BIS's store, under my account :)

Thanks pig, I owe ya 1 ;)

I'm doing all this from my phone until the computer is done and this browser stinks.

• Like 1

You`ll get there. Just remember - man was never meant to live outside arma for too long. Friends will start to look at you funny. They will say you seem to be looking too far into the distance like you`re hunting that single pixel that moved a bit to the left, and wonder why you are crouching after taking a few steps forward.

They just don`t realise. It`s not their fault. Don`t be too harsh on them.

Just get it reinstalled, and you can make peace with the world again :)

• Like 2

Lol you have no idea how many times I've done that!! I see everything ;) and your right, my addiction is insatiable.

CPU, MB and other attachments are done, now just need a geek to tune it in. I've washed my fatigues, they have s few hole's, but I'm so ready. Cya soon.

Salute!

• Like 1