Tankbuster

Authority 20 player coop.

Thank you very much Tankbuster !

I did some check in the files !

Yes the player score will need as well !

Yes, the player score is a bit tricky. I need to think through the logic and structure of the score restore systems.
The actual file writing stuff was written by @HazJ so he might be best placed to talk about that part of the suite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Thank you very much for the update !

I would like also to ask , do you have in mind to get the saving scripts in public separate ?

Thanks Tankbuster !

No public release. Feel free to grab the files from Authority mission project (once new version is released). If you use them in public mission, please provide credit where due, as always. Also keep in mind that I won't provide any support for them. They are just literally a few lines. Nothing special.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, HazJ said:

If you use them in public mission, please provide credit where due,

Thank you very much Hajz !  :thumb:

• Like 1

The reason we don't publically release any of the stuff in the mission is that we just can't provide any support. One thing I hate is people who take but don't give so I'd be really upset if that charge was levelled against us.

Yes, we do use community stuff in the mission and we're very grateful for all of it.

No, we don't publish (other than the packaged mission) any of the code from the mission, but purely because we can't provide the backup to anyone who uses our stuff and needs help with it later. We simply don't have the time.  It would detract from writing new stuff in the mission.

Over the years of making this mission, I've written a number of bits and bobs that I'm quite proud of and would love to see them doing their stuff in other missions.

You and anyone else is more than welcome to use what they find in the mission, as long as they give credit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I actually had to restore a mission using the persistent save just now. Our server had restarted after critical updates (even though I had turned them off, thanks Bill) and so I reloaded a mission that had had 7 primary targets completed on it. Of course, we had tested the system and knew it worked but to actually see it working in the wild was gratifying, It takes a long time to set the mission up, but it remembered the 7 primary targets we had done, plus all our vehicles.

• Like 2

Finishing up and polishing another update for the mission. Changelog being written this evening.

Am aiming for an update release (I despise the use of the word "drop" in this context) around the same time as the games 1.9 hotfix.

• Like 2

Version 1.04.03298 is on dropbox. I can't support the Steam Workshop versions any more, it keeps mangling the files.

Release highlights:

• Landmine minefield smaller, but has more mines in it.
  • Added new secondary mission, where players must identify and kill an infrastruture object from distance. More details below.
  • Fixed bug where FOB vehicle passengers didn't have access to the arty/cruise missile support system.
  • Kill enemy vehicle depo mission made slightly easier.
  • Added new secondary mission where players are tasked to find and kill an enemy mortar nest that is firing on the primary target.
  • Added game version 1.9 objects (Tanoa vehicles should now be tropical green)
  • Added the ability to tie-up boats to shore to stop them drifting away.
  • FOB vehicle service point is now the Vehicle Repair Depot. It still works in the same way, - just get close to it

Full, extensive and dull changelog in spoiler below.

Spoiler

[3196] Added (still WIP) tactical HMD.
[3198] Removed unused code in selfsealing fuel tank script.
[3202] Adjusted (lowered a little) the AI skills.
[3206] PT Mortar helpers only used when more than 1 player in server.
[3207] Candidate positions for roadblocks at PT won't be chosen if they are bridges.
[3208] Removed deprecated file findroad2
[3209] Renamed findroad2 to findroad.
[3211] DEP troops less skilled than regulars.
[3212] PT mortars won't fire at targets inside red circle.
[3213] CNC barriers at roadblocks despawned when RB is taken by players.
[3214] Removed some objects from infrastructure array, cranes and a control tower.
[3215] More mines, but smaller minefield in landmine fields.
[3216] Added audio helper for players looking at target through a laserdesignator.
[3217] Added eyewear classnames that support tacHMD.
[3218] Added 3dicon when looking at target through a laserdesignator.
[3222] DEP airpatrols now better define civvy and indi helicopters.
[3223] Crew now appropriate to cass of heli in DEP airpatrols.
[3229] DEP aircraft crash too often, so told to fly higher.
[3231] Killing a suicide bomber makes a smaller explosion.
[3232] Runlater command that repairs everything in the laserdesig 2ndary runs sooner.
[3234] Added custom screennames for objects that don't have them.
[3235] Laserdesig 2ndary spawns fake explosions where appropriate.
[3236] Laserdesig mission won't chose spp transformer (because they are very common) until search radius gets big.
[3242] Missing arty when in the FOB vehicle fixed.
[3243] Removed non existing quote in startup.
[3246] Added smrepair script to repair objects damaged/destroyed in 2ndarys.
[3247] Removed deprecated file,debug_spawnHQ.
[3248] Improved descriptions of locomotives for laserdesig 2ndary.
[3262] Added spawnsmoke for use in laserdesig infrastructure object.
[3271] Vehicle service point at deployed FOB is now a vehicle depot instead of asterisks on the ground.
[3272] Added SAM vehicles and made MBTs easier to kill in vehicle depot 2ndary.
[3277] Added killmortar 2ndary.
[3280] Added game 1.9 classnames.
[3281] Fixed widthRailWay error.
[3283] Added (but still WIP) playerabduction 2ndary.
[3284] Added tieboat.sqf. Ability to tie boats to shore.
[3286] Some dep scripts return better data to enable cleanup.
[3290] Removed some debug and linefeeds.
[3293] Added dynamic destination choosing for abduction 2ndary.
[3295] Fixed bug in fleetchecking that was stopping SM manager choose some 2ndarys that required players to have an fixed wing or rotorcraft.
[3296] Tieboat will use an existing mooring post if one exists.
[3297] Quote video that says "12 hours later" should not be shown during startup

A little bit more about the kill infrastructure object mission as it's complex and can be quite hard. The mission chooses a random 'infrastructure' object. Bridges, fuel tanks, railway locomotives/carriages, big radio towers, radar, factory buildings, lighthouses, that sort of thing, and players are told they must destroy them from distance, ie, so it looks like it wasn't a BLUFOR operation. Players are told where it is, but have to identify the object themselves. Using a rangefinder or laserdesignator, they will get both visual and audio clues when they are looking at the target object. Having done that, if they can pin point it on the map, they can use arty or cruise missile to kill it, or an unguided missile such as an unlocked Titan. In testing, players took to placing a satchel charge on a very long fuse and running away! It's funny how players almost never do a mission the designer thought they would!

The FOB vehicle service point has been replaced by the BI vehicle repair depot object, available through the Zeus menu when deploying the FOB. It can fully service any manned vehicle near it - repair, refuel and rearm. It will also re-cargo support vehicles like tankers, ammo and repair vehicles.

Updates marked WIP are not live in the mission and wont be used - they are just there because we started work on them already.

• Like 2

Except for:

[3196] Added (still WIP) tactical HMD.

Unless @Tankbuster commented it out?

16 minutes ago, HazJ said:

Except for:

Unless @Tankbuster commented it out?

I'm pretty sure the code is in but inactive because I never wrote the EH to fire it up. Save it for next time 🙂

Tut tut 🤣😀

• Haha 1

A little development update post. 🙂

The secondary mission I'm working on at the moment has players being told to man a roadblock and react accordingly to vehicles and such like that approach the area. Some are friendly and benign, some are not. 

Anyway, the first task in the development of this is to find a good position for the roadblock. The main criteria are that it is not in a town (less than 4 buildings within 200m), on a straight stretch of road, away from junctions and is fairly flat. I plan to remove trees and rocks later.

At the start of the video, you will see our developer interface that I use to launch this particular secondary mission.

The basis of what you are watching is as follows. The mission chooses a start town, some distance from the players currently primary target. In this video, it chooses Gatolia It then chooses a bunch of destination towns near to the start town and takes the nearest 4. It then spawns an ATV at the start, for each destination and tells it to drive there.

While it's driving, a marker follows the vehicle. If the vehicle marker is green, the ATV is on the road, If it's red it's gone offroad. The white arrow shows the vehicle direction and speed. The number you can see beside the moving marker is how many buildings are within 200m

After a short time, the ATVs move out from the start town into the countryside and the building counter can be seen to drop. When it gets below 4, a stationary marker is dropped with a number showing how many buildings are nearby. If the number is written in green, the road is flat and straight with no nearby junctions.  Otherwise, the marker is red.

After 30 seconds, the first ATV heading NW has already found a couple of good places. At 37 seconds, the ATV heading west has found a couple of good places and a few that had the right number of nearby buildings (written in green) but rules them out because there's a bend in the road and a junction which can be seen when I zoom in at 56 seconds.

The vehicle that headed north is finding places by 1minute 17, but to be honest, that's too long. I need it to be quicker than that. It's a shame because just a few seconds later, it finds a couple of places for a green zero, ie, no buildings nearby, flat and straight.

The idea is that after a short time, perhaps 45 seconds or less, the mission has a good number of potential places to spawn the roadblock.

• Like 2

Coming soon to Authority.

5D3C4F77DD4D7ACC957B5B02C04DE991FD066D3A

83D1EF8CB9B6E1FEAAA80FD64734BA4C01B40355

B381DF4D37807744D0F18ACA4FAFC31C3C3F94DA

• Like 2

A very quick and unpolished video of player deploying the RHS FOB.

• Like 2

@mi86My server is fixed and you're welcome to join.

Everyone else, we're working hard on a update for the mission.

Spoiler

*insider info* We'll be supporting Contact, but not Global Mobilization

• Like 1

33bb67af62.png

Tankbuster and team member in the 'Man a Roadblock' secondary mission warily eye a minibus full of armed men. Spoiler: They were independents and got brassed up. 🙂

• Like 2

Excellent mission Tanky, it has really improved since you started it. Side missions are brilliant.

Having some issues with Force save not working/loading and losing progress tho, we cleared the airfield and I saved then, we then cleared Molos and hit save. When restarting the next day when I select Load Save in Parameters it puts us on the airfield. We got a different town then and cleared also hit save when complete and its still putting us back at the airfield 😞

• Thanks 1

I think what you describe is it working correctly, even if it's a bit odd. I'm pretty sure the force save button is a not-implemented feature.

This system is supposed to be automatic. After you finish a primary target, the mission will save itself. If the primary is an airbase or military base, it will save the moment you clear it. If the primary is a town, it won't save until after you complete all the secondaries.

So, if the force save doesn't do anything, and you expected it to save at Molos before you had done the secondaries, then what you describe is it working as designed. Had you done the secondaries?

Also, note that after you complete a primary and it saves, if you let the mission carry on and choose another primary and then go on to reload that save, it won't necessarily choose the same next primary.

Lastly, in the mission lobby at the very start of the mission, if you let it start a fresh mission, it will overwrite any saved games. You must choose the 'load a previous mission' before letting a new mission get underway.

PS, We don't use the phrase 'side missions'. That's another mission you're thinking of. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So leave it as is for it to be persistent, no saving and loading?

• Like 1

Sort of. Leave it as is for saving. Just be aware that it will only remember up to the completion of the last primary target. It's best done on a dedicated server box that you can just leave running, to be honest.

I had it restarting every night, most likely that was causing our issues.

Leaving it running now.

• Like 1

Just to confirm, the force save button does not do anything as Tank said. It does however show a hint saying force saved. Disregard this. If you complete an airfield (auto saves) then half do a town and restart. The new town may not be the same. Future plans include half progression saving and possibly route as well. Copied from the original ticket:

In later version, I will update it to save half completed primary targets that meet the following conditions:
- Has at least ONE primary target objective (radar, roadblock, etc) complete
- Has 75% enemy or less (we can tweak this percentage)

• Thanks 2