Tankbuster

Authority 20 player coop.

Nothing makes the day better than watching a stream of a dev build of the mission and seeing @HazJ getting run over and killed by a Marid.

• Sad 1

Well, I am shocked. Honestly, hearing that from a mate really has offended me. Don't think I can go on like this anymore...

• Haha 1

Persistent saving in the works (90% done) along with modified mission status UI. Colour shade represents clickable hyperlink. Force save only available to logged in admin.

U=

EDIT: Ignore placeholder or blank text fields. Was changing IDC defines and must of forgot to change some. That and I need sleep.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

@Tankbusterwould this mission be easier to convert for use with other mods?

Easy...... It is not designed for adding in other mods, but it is doable.

Which mod you have in mind?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Easy...... It is not designed for adding in other mods, but it is doable.

Which mod you have in mind?

The Unsung mod.

We won't be supporting that, at least not for the foreseeable future. Same applies to CUP. Maybe RHS but no plans. I personally love Vietnam era but the piss poor mod isn't up to no where near A3 standards. Full of sloppy bugs. They need to focus on actual updating the content currently present rather than slapping in imported retextured content.

44 minutes ago, HazJ said:

We won't be supporting that, at least not for the foreseeable future. Same applies to CUP. Maybe RHS but no plans. I personally love Vietnam era but the piss poor mod isn't up to no where near A3 standards. Full of sloppy bugs. They need to focus on actual updating the content currently present rather than slapping in imported retextured content.

Its such a shame that you decided to reply in such a flame-baiting manner, a more constructive reply saying that you not supporting it for the foreseeable future would have been just fine.

• Like 1

Just stating why. I am allowed to share my opnion. Sorry if it anyone took offensive. The Unsung mod brings the Vietnam era to A3 like no other. The wide variety of weaponry and vehicles, etc is huge. I am just too used to A3 standards. The mod was a port so maybe that is why some stuff doesn't appear to be HQ. I also understand people do it as a hobby where as A3 devs are paid. Again, no disrespect intended.

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Its such a shame that you decided to reply in such a flame-baiting manner, a more constructive reply saying that you not supporting it for the foreseeable future would have been just fine.

Was not my intention as explained via PM. I have adjusted the posts.

3 hours ago, HazJ said:

poor mod

HazJ ,

you should consider , that you certainly don't need to make such statements.

This work , is not a product and i 'm sure , that no one would like to hear the same , for their creations.

Remember that , this discussion is taking place in a Forum.

It's not good , either for you.

You should consider reading my posts again. This has already been resolved, via post above and PM too. If you managed to read up, you would of noticed.

This work , is not a product and i 'm sure , that no one would like to hear the same , for their creations.

Actually, I personally would like to know if something I made is bad or whatever. Brutal or not, wouldn't bother me. I know this is a forum, thank you for clarifying. I know the mod isn't an official product, as I stated in the PM, see screenshot below. Always a good idea to refresh before posting.

Just for you @GEORGE FLOROS GR

Edited by R0adki11
Posting of PMs is prohibited by the forum rules.
  • Like 1

Just a general update. We've been working hard on implementing new features. The most notable one is persistent saving. Also new feature coming is a new undercover disguise system (still in the works). Not sure on the next update release as Xmas in approaching then New Year's Day === Out on the piss / get hammered? :rofl::happy: In the mean time, here are two very short videos.

When an engineer (Tankbuster) flips a vehicle... One job. He had one job.

An amazing Brummie (me) taking out Kajman with MAAWS. :happy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's more of a New Years present to ourselves from Haz and myself, but here's a rather incoherent vid of our persistent saving system in its first outing on a dedicated server.

What you're actually seeing, if you're still interested, is a game that was underway saving itself to profilenamespace on the server. The map shows the airbase and a town having been taken by players. We then leave the server, rejoin, do a slash hash missions (so the server has ended the mission) and then in parameters, tells the mission to reload the mission progress. It's quite slow and I've edited out the boring bits (and me putting in the server admin password) but eventually,  the mission comes back on with the airbase and the town owned by BLUFOR.  It also saves and restores the position of all friendly vehicles.

• Like 2

This is what the data return should be like:

[
	[
		"", // Island Name (STRING)
		"", // FOB Deployed (BOOL) 
	],
	[
		// Vehicles Save Array
		[
			"", // Vehicle Classname (STRING)
			"", // Vehicle Variable Name (STRING)
			[], // Vehicle Direction (NUMBER) 
			1, // Vehicle Fuel (NUMBER)
			0, // Vehicle Damage (NUMBER)
		]
	],
	[
		// Beachhead Data
		[
			0, // ID
			[], // Position
		],
		// Airbase Data
		[
			1, // ID
			[], // Position
		],
		// Towns
		[
			2, // ID
			[], // Position
		]
	]
]

And break. Key words... Key words. :rofl::rofl: Hehe :happy:

Every time I start recording a god damn suicide bomber comes along! WE GOT A MOLE. Every time I shoot him and he still explodes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hehe.

When my players complain the AI outwit them, I know I'm doing a good job.

• Haha 1

Version 1.02.03195 is on Steam Workshop and the Dropbox links in the first post.

Note that we have not been able to resolve the issues with Steam versions of the mission as detailed in this thead.

Release highlights.

Persistent saving. After primary target, the mission saves itself. It can be reloaded by a logged in admin from the server parameters screen.

New Secondary Mission. Players are to destroy a parked car from extreme distance. Think of the monster truck kill scene from Clear and Present Danger. Players are to be at least 500m away when the car is killed. Suggest using arty, missile or cruise missile.

MIssion Weighting. The mission is made easier for solo players.

Notes. The mission is very slow to set up when the server first runs. It is doing a lot of under-the-bonnet preparation. Loading a saved mission is also very slow, often, it can take more than a minute to get started. Please be patient. Joining the mission once it is actually underway should be as quick as any other mission. We are working on ways to optimise this.

Changelog in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

[3075] Added laserdesigcar Secondary Mission (SM)
[3076] Removed deprecated file do_convoykill
[3077] Laserdesigcar mission now creates 8 potentials, not 6. Also removed some debug.
[3081] Killlastfew system won't run until all the vehicles are empty.
[3082] Added protestflight to the SM manager.
[3083] Most OPFOR vehicle crew now not turned out.
[3084] Removed Devas convoy scripts as homegrown ones now in use.
[3088] Added randomised vehicle customisations (camo nets, RPG cages etc) for Primary Target (PT) OPFOR assets.
[3089] Fixed SM manager calling old version of laserdesig
[3090] Closed roadblocks are destroyed to prevent them being reopened.
[3091] If less than 4 players, a warning sign spawns in the land minefield to help.
[3093] Added persistent saving script suite.
[3096] Removed the fuel station stuff from the infrastructure buildings array.
[3098] Killvecdepot SM now won't spawn in towns held by BLUFOR.
[3100] Many scripts upgraded to use Auth alllogics arrays when selecting target towns.
[3103] Removed Panthera datafile as the island, although lovely, isn't really suitable for Authority.
[3104] Fixed spelling error in convoykill2 notification.
[3105] HQ fire removed by hqkilled script so it won't generate errors in assaultphasefinished.
[3107] Added some missing animations and removed some unwanted ones from vehicle customisation system.
[3113] Tweaks for mission UI and persistent saving.
[3115] Removed unused logic group that was solely airfields.
[3117] Added parameter to make mission load a saved mission.
[3123] Added safeties and quits for saved mission file loading systems.
[3127] Removed unused taxiin finding scripts.
[3154] Added activeairdropcounter.
[3158] Stopped protestflight on Altis, where there are no tall enough bridges.
[3164] Fixed potential script stall in debug_endprimary in towns where there is no HQ/radar.
[3171] Replaced ticktime with (now fixed) serverTime.
[3172] JIP players allowed longer time for teleport.
[3182] cleanupoldprimary doesn't start until the second town
[3184] Fixed NYX vehicles not convoying in counterattack.
[3185] Hopefully, fixed cache falling through the floor in destroyptcache.
[3186] Choosenextprimary should avoind choosing somewhere near the fobveh.
[3189] Fixed potential loop condition in cruisemissile strike system where there might be multiple markers on the map.
[3190] Fixed bug where vehicles that had been towed were thought to still be being towed.
[3191] Fixed undef'd variable (server FPS) in mission UI.
[3195] Updated list of OGV used in intro.

Thank you very much for the update !

I would like also to ask , do you have in mind to get the saving scripts in public separate ?

Thanks Tankbuster !

There's no real magic to it.

It writes a datafile containing completed targets and friendly (and captured enemy) vehicles to profilenamespace on the server.

The hard bit was taking the datafile and recreating all the completed targets as they were before and then having the dynamic systems take over from there when the server admin asked for a restore.

You're more than welcome to open the mission and have a nose around yourself.

While we're on the subject, player score is not saved or restored by the system yet. That will be in the next version.

• Like 1