Hey Riten, question for you and it may just be unanswerable because it involves another mod and thats fine. I am building a survival mission for my group using the Ravage mod by Haleks. In that mod it doesn't cache items you place by hand in the world. Essentially so that the mod has the ability to spawn "loot" in random places, hence the survival part of the mod. HOWEVER it does allow you to cache hand placed vehicles in the world. Which i have been doing. I placed the jetpack in the world as sort of a special treat for my group to find. However because the jet pack is under the "props" section of Eden and not considered a vehicle that you would find say in civilian / helicopters for example, Ravage removes the jetpack once the mission starts. Again because its not caching it. 

So my question is, is it possible to have the jetpack as a vehicle object perhaps in the civilian faction ? Or is there a limitation or something i am not considering. Sorry this isn't a request more just a curiosity. The jetpack is pretty awesome btw. Love it. Nice work.

Hi Dagger!

Ravage deleting props sounds like a glitch - or at least it is not something intended.

I'll have to try this addon with the Ravage modules, but I think I can throw a guess : the jetpack object most likely being a bag, the clean up function will pick it up and delete it.

You can prevent this by typing this in the init line of each objects :

this setVariable ["owned", true, true];

Report back if this doesn't help! ;)

On a side note : I will, at some point, try to improve the clean-up system so all those scripting shenanigans aren't required anymore.

• Like 1

On 4.01.2017 at 7:03 PM, DAGGER [111] said:

So my question is, is it possible to have the jetpack as a vehicle object perhaps in the civilian faction ? Or is there a limitation or something i am not considering. Sorry this isn't a request more just a curiosity. The jetpack is pretty awesome btw. Love it. Nice work.

Short answer: yes it is possible, but with limited functions of jetpack.

Long answer: I've connected both vehicle and backpack in one addon via script for better immersion. So if you use just vehicle part, you won't be able to land and walk with jetpack, it will bascially act like vehicle which is useless in my opinion and your players will lose a lot of fun:)

Nope he just stolen it, DMCA sent. Thanks for information.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter, no need to give him more attention - not worth my time

@Teck_ In future, if you want to inform someone of potential infringement, do not post it publicly, instead send it via PM. Otherwise, you are just performing free advertisement for the offender. 

• Like 1

There's a bug with the jetpack, an action allows you to get in gunner position, which renders you invisible
To fix, in the vehicle spawn init, add

_vehicle lockTurret [[0],true];