Jetpack for Arma III

Mod based on real project - "Jetpack Aviation" (http://jetpackaviation.com). 

Features:
- Jetpack inventory is disabled, so I've added possibility to put second backpack on chest with stuff you may need on your task.
- You can walk with backpack, but can't run (it's not limitation, it has been blocked intentionaly). If you start running by pressing shift or whatever is your key assigned to "turbo", you'll start flying.
- Helmet mounted display.
- Custom sounds (for now only bingo fuel).
- The possibility of landing on buildings (and anything else detected as floor by engine).
- G forces effects while flying instead of static animation:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

DEV screenshots:

8892FDEC8EC1D0FFFD7EA2756A12C032F0F8B82E
1CA68826F13F589BF2EEF7D8CF68054322FFDCF9DB0565EE03DFBC43C1B5661EBB14CB6984813ACF

GDS3J8E.png
C4Ho282.png
uWiO51g.png

Instructions:
- If you want to fly, just wear jetpack using action "Turn On and take" and press turbo key default "shift".
- For refuel/repair you need special items which you can find in empty objects "Jetpack and stuff" category.

*Classnames
riten_jetpack_bp - jetpack
riten_jp_repair - repair tool box
riten_jp_fuel - fuel canister

*Actions
Turn On and take - use to pick up backpack and "arm" engines, if you pick up backpack manually it won't fly.
BP on chest - puts your backpack to chest 
Take off BP from chest - take off your backpack from chest
repair - repairs jetpack if you are close to repair tool box
refuel - refuels jetpack if you are close to fuel canister 

Changelog
- v1 Public relase

Credits:
- BIS for tools and engine
- Community for tutorials that helped me start modding
- Scripts, configs, model and textures by me

License:
This mod has been relased under Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/), only for Arma 3 use. 
cc-by-nc-nd-300x104-e1430396292157.png

workshop_logo.png

>>Subscribe<<

• Like 16

nice model. smoothing groups are WIP i assume. great to hear that the functionality is already there too. promising!

@bad benson

This is my second model to be honest, but I'll smooth it of course:) I mean, still need to learn a lot in blender (but let's hope final model will be cool enough).

Oh wow :) Hehehhe-I am already picturing a remake of the UBL raid in Arma... but with jetpacks :D

Oh wow :) Hehehhe-I am already picturing a remake of the UBL raid in Arma... but with jetpacks :D

That and personal access to the floating rocks on Variables sci fi map... yep... $#!T just got real....

• Like 4

Great work!, hope you bring back those old OFP days memories in Arma 3

:D

• Like 3

@bad benson

This is my second model to be honest, but I'll smooth it of course:) I mean, still need to learn a lot in blender (but let's hope final model will be cool enough).

it looks great so far, i would make those sheet metal structure pressed pieces as free floating geometry and bake that on to you low poly, it i will save a little on performance and it will look exactly the same as a model which is modeled with that level of detail. 

@Rebel Man

Lol this music killed me. It will be something like that, but you'll be able to walk with backpack and land on anything you want and you won't be able to fire while flying (intentionaly, sorry about that) :( I'm also thinking about two more types: light armed and additional fueltanks version for recon.

• Like 1

@Rebel Man

Lol this music killed me. It will be something like that, but you'll be able to walk with backpack and land on anything you want and you won't be able to fire while flying (intentionaly, sorry about that) :( I'm also thinking about two more types: light armed and additional fueltanks version for recon.

Sounds great!

Hope you change your mind about that ability to fire on the future ;)

Keep it up xD

Model done I guess, already tested in game and works pretty good :D Now it's time for some textures  :P

uWiO51g.png

• Like 3

I've tested today scripts on MP server and there are only small bugs so far :) Short video, if someone is intrested how it works:

notes:

- Jetpack inventory is disabled (I don't see reason someone put items in fuel tank).

- Created backpacks on chest script (restores 100% of backpack loadout, I'm happy about this one)

- You can't run with jetpack, if you press shift or whatever is your key assigned to "turbo", you'll turn on jetpack engines and fly :) I think that I should also disable prone, what you guys think?

- You can land on anything that Arma engine let you

WIP

- Object builder lods (now there are only these I need to run model in game) 

- Animations

- RVMATs and better textures (I'm pretty bad at it, need to learn more so don't expect too much)

Any suggestions?

• Like 9

i love it!

good work man. handling looks really nice too.

send a PM if you need help with the cargo animation. or maybe hit up Macser. he's doing anims in blender. pretty sure it would take him no time to make one for you.

Finally I've added materials to model so it looks more metalic and real :) Only some testing and scripting left and I'll be able to share it. Added screenshots and final video to first post.

• Like 8

Could we get a Fireteam or Weapons Squad in EDEN with this?  Or in Zeus?  Would be most helpful.tnx.

man. i was going to suggest using feet ik handlers to make the pilot lean but you obviously know your shit and already made it. awesome!

only suggestion i have is making the feet point more downwards so it looks more like they are hanging in a relaxed manner rather than liek he's pulling them up. just a small thing but i thought i'd bring it up.

• Like 1

Is a Stealth version possible?  with a reduction of the sound by 30%? Sling loading possible? Of people?

Could this be made working underwater?  For the divers,somehow add a Ammobox/similar object to add some heavy stuff to support team,like a mortar.

A Tablet to use this as a manned recon vehicle would be awsome for a small team.A camera would do wonders.

@bad benson 

I could try adjust this thing :p

@john1 

You have so many ideas hehe, I was thinking about AAF Special Ops recon squad (like CTRG & new CSAT forgot name) with jetpacks. Stealth version, underwater jetpack and other things are possible to do, but I don't really want things like this sorry. How would that tablet and camera works? I'm not really sure about your vision in this case.

• Like 1

Do I need Tannoa to make this work?  Tried to,it spwans alright,but I can`t use it ingame....

You don't need Tanoa. Question is: how you try to spawn it? Do you follow instructions from my workshop?

Very Nice &  Sturdy  Jetpack.  I have  a Jetpack addon on my L4D2 Dedicated Server and it's a big hit. The L4D2 jetpack uses the space bar and the middle mouse wheel button to fly so your hands are free to use all weapons. Your jetpack looks like one must use his hands to fly so please attach some machine or mini guns with a cross-hair to it when You update. Those 2 large bolts on near each of the shoulders may be able to hold a machine gun and a rpg.  

P.s; Can You please give me some step by step instructions so I can fly it. I have it installed ok but can't find it to use it. the use instructions You give are very Skimpy and Thin.....