kremator

Getting AI to re-follow the leader of a colour group

Hi guys,

Struggling with some coding here and could do with help.  The situation that I have is that I issue a command to several groups (blue and red, each containing 3 AI and 1 AI medic).  I have an automedic script that will send AI medic to heal but need the AI medics  to rejoin the leader of their coloured group (and not the main leader).  Ideally they would continue onto the the waypoint that I gave them before (but I cannot see a getWaypoint command).  Any ideas how I could do this (either rejoin color lead, or restore previous waypoint)?

There's the waypoints command but not sure how it behaves with color teams. Didn't even know it's possible to do the color team thing with scripting. :)

I don't think that works with subteams, but I'm willing to be wrong.

Hi Tajin,

Yes I know about doFollow, but how can I find out the leader of the team colour (then get him to follow them)?

maybe formationLeader works.

Or just try and tell the unit to follow itself. Maybe that makes him get back into formation.

( we both know BIS-logic sometimes works like that :rolleyes: )

Hmmm follow himself is an interesting one ... will test that out.  Looking at getWPPos too, but seems to want a group rather than a unit :(