On 19/09/2017 at 11:23 PM, mistergoodson said:

Apologies for being MIA since the last OCAP update. I've been busy with finishing studies, graduation, moving house, and landing my first (proper) job (woo!).

So, I've been wondering what to do with OCAP. It's currently in a broken state (since the A3 64-bit update) and requires a bit of an overhaul on the backend. However, before I get things working again (and continuing with general development on OCAP), I want to know whether this is actually something worth investing my time into, as I don't have as much time as I used to.

Please let me know (either here or via PMs) if you're a fan of OCAP, and if you'd like to see continued development. I'll make a decision based on the responses.

Cheers guys!
MG

We are big fan of it! If you could work on a linux version, it would be even better!
Anyway, thank you for all the work you already put on it!

1 minute ago, Manchot said:

We are big fan of it! If you could work on a linux version, it would be even better!
Anyway, thank you for all the work you already put on it!

We switched to Windows for this reason only. Also still using 32-bit server to support OCAP. =P

On 10/1/2016 at 5:31 AM, willithappen said:

Hey Goodson, bit of a weird issue and unsure of what I can send you to help you out,

In starting to install the web part of OCAP, the webpage is blank when going to install.

I am using chrome and this is all that is visible on the page:  http://i.imgur.com/f5Bn77F.png

I went to try using the EDGE browser that comes with Win10 and It works (sort of): http://i.imgur.com/NfhcY5Z.png

Still having issues getting the final "Fail" to work correctly. I have enabled loading of mod_deflate and any AllowOverrides i've located are set to All.

Cheers

Has anyone had Apache 2.4 Gzip to work for them on Windows?  Aside from IIS8, what other Windows (or Linux) webservers have worked?

Installed XAMPP and enable mod_deflate for 2.4.  http://localhost/dashboard when opened in Chrome Dev Tools says content: gzip which I think means gzip is enabled.  But when opening http://localhost/ocap/install it says Gzip isn't enabled and the header doesn't show gzip, so there's something more that's missing.  In Filters added very MIME type for json I could find but no joy.

-------------------------------------------------------

Update:  Got through the Gzip issue for XAMPP/Apache 2.4 on Windows.   Now my next issue is getting recording and playback to work.

php.ini edits for XAMPP:
zlib.output_compression=On

HTTPD.conf edits for XAMPP:
LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so
LoadModule filter_module modules/mod_filter.so
LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so

SetOutputFilter DEFLATE 
# Set the path to the directory where you wish to apply the gzip compression
# Usually you would like to apply that to the entire htdocs folder, but you can change it
<Directory "D:/xampp/htdocs">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all  
    <IfModule mod_deflate.c>
    SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
        # Add any file type you want
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html 
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/javascript
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/x-javascript
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/x-json
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xml
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xhtml+xml
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/rss+xml
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/json
    </IfModule>
</Directory> 

Edited by mikeomni

This tool is great!   Some things that need to go into a FAQ for beginners like me:

1) If your PC is the server (not dedicated), you get an entry 'Write Saved Data' which will copy the json to the webserver and attempt to post it to receive.php.  Be careful not to press in head of combat as server will have a CPU spike and everyone will lag.

2) If you Continue a Scenario but made changes to userconfig/config.hpp those are not reflected until the game is Restarted. (Discovered with json being sent to old directory instead of new)

3) If the webserver is down (I run XAMPP on my PC) then json may be copied but data.db is not updated since receive.php did not get called.   I have found a workaround though.

Workaround to add a json to data.db:

It's possible to manually edit the data.db since in my case the webserver is also my PC. 

a) Download sqllitebrowser.org

b) Find and open your json file, get the first line.

c) Drag and drop the json unto "DB Browser for SQLlite"

-> Browse Data

# fields:
#id    world_name    mission_name    mission_duration    filename    date

#id=counter
#world_name=map's "name" per ocap/images/maps/maps.json
#mission_name=name of mission
#mission_duration=number of frames per header line of the mission.json
#filename=filename in ocap/data
#date=yyyy-mm-dd

#e.g. Insurgent_76.json first line:

{"worldName":"Stratis","missionName":"Life Is Hard","missionAuthor":"CTO","captureDelay":1,"endFrame":267

# e.g. data.db content initial

id    world_name    mission_name    mission_duration    filename    date
"1"    "Stratis"    "Life Is Hard"    "37"    "Insurgent_926.json"    "2017-10-08"
"2"    "Stratis"    "Life Is Hard"    "151"    "Insurgent_947.json"    "2017-10-08"
"3"    "Stratis"    "Life Is Hard"    "204"    "Insurgent_402.json"    "2017-10-08"
"4"    "Stratis"    "Life Is Hard"    "267"    "Insurgent_76.json"    "2017-10-08"

#e.g. map reference in maps.json
e.g. maps.json
[
    {
        "name": "Stratis",
        "worldName": "stratis",
        "worldSize": 8192,
        "imageSize": 16384,
        "multiplier": 2
    }

# Example to add a new json: Life_is_Hard_498.json
{"worldName":"Stratis","missionName":"Life Is Hard","missionAuthor":"CTO","captureDelay":1,"endFrame":280

"1"    "Stratis"    "Life Is Hard"    "37"    "Insurgent_926.json"    "2017-10-08"
"2"    "Stratis"    "Life Is Hard"    "151"    "Insurgent_947.json"    "2017-10-08"
"3"    "Stratis"    "Life Is Hard"    "204"    "Insurgent_402.json"    "2017-10-08"
"4"    "Stratis"    "Life Is Hard"    "267"    "Insurgent_76.json"    "2017-10-08"
-> New Record
"5"    "Stratis"    "Life Is Hard"    "280"    "Life_is_Hard_498.json"    "2017-10-08"

-> Write Changes

Refresh OCAP, new mission is listed

# the missions are displayed by OCAP as highest ID first.
# missionName is derived but freetext, you can edit it without affecting playback

Freaking yeah! I haven't been on forums lately so I've just noticed your post about working on OCAP again.

Let me answer it in this way: I'm in ~30 people A3 milsim group, we play really tight. Sometimes some fireteam screws up, we all have heated discussion on TS on what happen and then I'm like "aight, let's check on our OCAP" - and boom, everything is clear. I LOVE OCAP. It adds so much for milsim groups in so many ways - we can do better AAR, use it to analyse our mistakes, draw conslusions from it, it also helped with "you shot first!" dilemma. It's great and I love it, also lot of people in my A3 community are often reaching out to OCAP to replay old missions and spectate other elements and so on and on and on. Sadly right now it's usability limited, as sometimes it doesn't record missions for no reason, so it's really sad when after coop we're eager to check OCAP and there's no json, but when it works - it's great.

Right now I'm working on adding about 6 new maps to it and will surely post it on github when ready.

I hope you will continue to work on it and that I will be a joyful experience for you.

Cheers,

Wynarator

On 9/19/2017 at 2:23 PM, mistergoodson said:

Apologies for being MIA since the last OCAP update. I've been busy with finishing studies, graduation, moving house, and landing my first (proper) job (woo!).

So, I've been wondering what to do with OCAP. It's currently in a broken state (since the A3 64-bit update) and requires a bit of an overhaul on the backend. However, before I get things working again (and continuing with general development on OCAP), I want to know whether this is actually something worth investing my time into, as I don't have as much time as I used to.

Please let me know (either here or via PMs) if you're a fan of OCAP, and if you'd like to see continued development. I'll make a decision based on the responses.

Cheers guys!
MG

MG,

I hope you're able to continue with OCAP - it's an invaluable tool for player vs. AI scenarios.

It acts as a training aid - allowing people to understand what happened after the fact. The people in my group would all study the OCAP AAR and then compare notes after each mission. We've developed our virtual skills significantly as a result.

OCAP also aids in troubleshooting large scenarios - Certain AI behavioral bugs reveal themselves, and issues with scenario design itself become apparent.

Please, if you are able to find the time, continue development of OCAP!

From everyone at TSOG!

Thanks

On 9/19/2017 at 11:23 PM, mistergoodson said:

Cheers guys!
MG

We use it for all our mission and training sessions and my guys love it!

We miss it with some of the new unsupported terrains though, so any extra development you can put in will definitely be appreciated!

Thank you for all you have done so far.

Hi all sorry to be a pain.

I would love to use this on my home run server.

win 2012 64bit

I got latest version from github

I installed the @ocap into mods DIR does it need to run as -mod or -servermod?.

I tryed both but cant get it to record I know I am doing some thing wrong I get no ocap.log in arma3 dir neither so its not even trying to rercord.

I have an FTP on the server and I placed the ocap folder in there and pointed the usercfg config file to that DIR but still nothing.

Could some one make a complete idiot guide on how to install this please :).

Thanks so so much in advance :)

i try to start ocap on windows10 on my computer-working. 
Try to start on windows server 2015 - not working.
Ocap starting, but not log.txt and not temp folder "Temp" and file *.json after finish mission.

Local export not working too.
some log:
start mission http://joxi.ru/krDRzKMH09n6b2

finish  http://joxi.ru/BA0G5wohBRjXn2
http://joxi.ru/RmzoE6ZHW3bKy2 

Hi Topden,  I assume you're using the 64 bit version of Arma? Unfortunately OCAP is not yet compatible with 64-bit Arma. An update is expected early 2018.

I've updated my first post to make this clearer :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, mistergoodson said:

Hi Topden,  I assume you're using the 64 bit version of Arma? Unfortunately OCAP is not yet compatible with 64-bit Arma. An update is expected early 2018.

sorry, my mistake) inattentively read. yes, 64 did not work. launched on 32

Is this project still in development? My group would LOVE to use something like this however require the 64bit version.

Cheers!

On 20-12-2017 at 1:05 PM, mistergoodson said:

It's almost the end of 'early 2018' :) 

3 hours ago, Crielaard said:

It's almost the end of 'early 2018' :) 

Well he is doing it in his free time, gues he didnt had as much time as he planed. I am also waiting for it, generaly I see that some groups still use it, gues they edited it on their own to keep it working. It is such a great addon, hope to see it updates soon to. 

We're still running x86 because we love OCAP so much, if any group made a fix for it I would really appreciate sharing :)

Just to let you all know this is still being worked on. Lots still to test, but thanks for your patience.

Coming soon™

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

On 13.08.2018 at 9:57 PM, serjames said:

Just to let you all know this is still being worked on. Lots still to test, but thanks for your patience.

Coming soon™

Cant wait!

• Like 1

I was looking for a decent tool for my AARs in ARMA for my MilSim group, and I am convinced OCAP is the one.
Your work is awesome, and your selflessness reflects credit upon yourself and the 3 Commando Brigade's.
ARMA's MilSim community is very thankful for your dedication.
Please continue your development.

• Thanks 1

Hate to be that guy.... But any news you can tell us on the progress of this?! 

Keep up the amazing work, super keen to use it!

2 hours ago, painlesshadow said:

Hate to be that guy.... But any news you can tell us on the progress of this?! 

Keep up the amazing work, super keen to use it!

Watchout. You just broke the 'Dont be an involved user' rule.

But yeah. Cant wait to start using this. 8)

@XianGrim you can't be asking the Mod maker questions like that it is against the rules of the forum.  He is working on but he had to do a full we write of the code.  Then some other issues were encountered with the way arma works which have been delaying the process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for looking into bring OCAP back to life.

Ive been working on a HETMAN mission and OCAP has the potential to be a very useful tool to monitor how the mission unfolds as many battles take place away from the players and for the players themselves to see how the HETMAN AI surrounds them. 

I dont know if this thread is alive but i want to ask how to open and see the .json file? i open the .json file in chrome, firefox and i only i got is text of the mission.