Am I missing a step for creating new map files? I created the files, put them in the images\map folder, edited the json file yet it keeps saying that theres no map?

Am I missing a step for creating new map files? I created the files, put them in the images\map folder, edited the json file yet it keeps saying that theres no map?

Map files can be downloaded (from the OCAP map repository) by visiting the /admin page of your website (e.g. mywebsite.com/ocap/admin). If you're referring to map files that don't exist on the OCAP repo, and you've created your own, these need to be submitted to me.

For more info, please see here:

Arma Tile Creation Guide

@armyinf: I'll add this to my feature request list  :)

Map files can be downloaded (from the OCAP map repository) by visiting the /admin page of your website (e.g. mywebsite.com/ocap/admin). If you're referring to map files that don't exist on the OCAP repo, and you've created your own, these need to be submitted to me.

For more info, please see here:

Arma Tile Creation Guide

@armyinf: I'll add this to my feature request list  :)

ah okay, I was just trying to set it up on my own server to test it out before sending it to you.

Here it is, it's for the 'Desert' map from Arma2 OA:

{
        "name": "Desert",
        "worldName": "Desert_E",
        "worldSize": 15982,
        "imageSize": 16384,
        "multiplier": 4
    },

http://server.beandog.co/ocap/images/maps/desert_e.tar

• Like 1

ah okay, I was just trying to set it up on my own server to test it out before sending it to you.

Here it is, it's for the 'Desert' map from Arma2 OA:

{
        "worldSize": 15982,
        "multiplier": 4
    },
http://server.beandog.co/ocap/images/maps/desert_e.tar

Those values look incorrect to me. 15982 * 4 != 16384. worldSize should be equal to the size of the image when N = 1 (N is the value you use when converting from EMF to PNG).

Those values look incorrect to me. 15982 * 4 != 16384. worldSize should be equal to the size of the image when N = 1 (N is the value you use when converting from EMF to PNG).

I was having a bit of trouble understanding the instructions so I'm not surprised I messed it up, the desired number of 16384, is that the sum of the resolution or the filesize or what?

EDIT: Nevermind, I worked it out. Please redownload the TAR, the actual values should be:

{
        "worldSize": 2048,
        "multiplier": 8
    },

@mistergoodson first of all I want to thank you releasing this tool. As what I can see from your demo I think it's really great...so thank you again.

I haven't tried my self your addon but I'm a bit worried that our game server (it's a Nitrado server) will not give us the opportunity to execute your code (or have the write access to the web server )...in any case we'll try it....anyway..I've a question that probably someone already have done.

Do you think it's possible to record the events data, upload manually using FTP in a web server and using the web interface to run the event just uploaded??

I have another question.

In the mod overview you wrote "Server based capture - no mods required for clients." but in the "addon" readme file it seems that the 1 and 3 steps refer to a client Arma installation. Have I misunderstood those steps??

Thanks in advance and my bests for your development.

i wonder if its possible to show us a live stream of whats going on right now on the server... or maybe with a slight delay...(5 secs? maybe)

could help admins in some cases if they arent on the server and need to check out if someone is trolling around in any way

• Like 1

@marcatore: The next version of OCAP will transfer the JSON file automatically via FTP/HTTP to your web server (even if your web server and game server are separate boxes). If you have FTP access to your server, then this should work fine :). Regarding your 2nd question, no client mods are required - the readme is referring to @ocap for your Arma server.

Some of you have asked whether there is a Slack team for OCAP. I've just created one at ocapteam.slack.com. Please PM your email address if you wish to receive an invite (until I setup automatic invites) :)

• Like 1

Hello

We have a problem, where we used OCAP for our first full mission and exported it's AAR with [] call ocap_fnc_exportData; but the OCAP web app says that the file is not found when we try and play it back, despite the JSON file being in the correct place and passing linting tests and there being a correct reference to it in the DB.

Our OCAP version is 0.5.0.1-beta and we tested before with simpler scenarios and with fewer people and it worked fine.

OCAP is on the same machine as the Arma server and thus uses the non FTP method.

Hopefully all these links makes it easier for you to determine the problem (assuming it's a bug with OCAP and not a mistake on our side).

Hi phoenix_za.

First of all, thanks a lot for providing all those links - makes debugging a hell of alot easier for me  :)

Others have reported a similar issue to you ("File not found"). This is actually a misleading message - it should say "Error loading file", so apologies on my part. I can determine the cause of your problem is this line (in co@24_Transporter_r4_167.json):

[3631,"killed",31,[31,"HK416A5 10" (Black)"],"0"],
The extra " after the 10 is breaking the JSON syntax (thus breaking playback). Others have reported similar playback issues, and this is almost always the cause. I've since updated OCAP (available in next release) to escape these characters so that it doesn't break playback.

As a quick fix for now, you can do a find and replace for "HK416A5 10" and replace with "HK416A5 10 (including the quotation marks).

Oh the joys of beta. The next release will be available soon, I'm just working on ironing out a few more bugs.

Thanks, it worked perfectly!

Strange it at least partially passed linting. It said that the structure was correct but that it wasn't accurate. I thought it was a standards nitpick. 

Hi phoenix_za.

First of all, thanks a lot for providing all those links - makes debugging a hell of alot easier for me  :)

Others have reported a similar issue to you ("File not found"). This is actually a misleading message - it should say "Error loading file", so apologies on my part. I can determine the cause of your problem is this line (in co@24_Transporter_r4_167.json):

[3631,"killed",31,[31,"HK416A5 10" (Black)"],"0"],
The extra " after the 10 is breaking the JSON syntax (thus breaking playback). Others have reported similar playback issues, and this is almost always the cause. I've since updated OCAP (available in next release) to escape these characters so that it doesn't break playback.

As a quick fix for now, you can do a find and replace for "HK416A5 10" and replace with "HK416A5 10 (including the quotation marks).

Oh the joys of beta. The next release will be available soon, I'm just working on ironing out a few more bugs.

Is there a simple tool to check for an escaped string? Been testing some online tools, but no luck yet.

We managed to install it and get it working on WIndows server 2012 R2 using IIS8. I tried to get it working with Apache24 but no matter what I tired I couldn't get gzip and php curl working. This is most certainly a problem on my side as we don't use a LAMP (or WAMP) stack on the server that we manage and I'm not familiar with it.

Some notes to everyone who wants to use IIS8:

• I got PHP curl working out of the box when I installed PHP 7 from the Microsoft web platform installer
  • To get GZIP working, make sure you have Web Server -> Performance -> Static Content Compression & Dynamic Content Compression server roles installed using the Add roles and features wizard. Then in the configuration editor in IIS Manager for your server, make sure you add application/json (and enable it) to system.webServer/httpCompression/dynamicTypes/

@mistergoodson: Is it safe to manually delete the events with a SQLite browser (in order to cleanup)?

Also I think I noticed a bug where I exported twice (once at 4 mins and another time at 11 mins) and I got 3 recordings in the DB and on the site but with only 2 JSON files. 2 of the recordings where correct and expected, but the 2nd one (chronologically) said it was 11 minutes long but used the 4 minute long JSON file. Not sure if I should report this in the repo as I only tried this once.

I am using a fresh install of Version 0.5.0.1 Beta.

oh I wish i found this earlier, it took me ages to to activate gzip on IIS @win 2012 R2... but i got it working finally - same way you explained it!

We have the same Problem with the exports - sometimes ocap exports it twice

@mistergoodson

Good work on the Mod! Our Clan Members love the feature of reviewing the missions we had!

Thanks!!

Hey guys,

I have a problem to install some maps on the webspace. I click "not installed" and every thing looks good - it says Installed afterwards - but when i reload, some maps are not installed:

Before Reload: 3TmizsLK-i6eAxqBLbVHGGS9AUC9cineUA5kdooO 

After Reload: FaQRQFTVODCkWNq5uWACs0uVVxH9YKmty49HZWtl

What could that be?

Oh, just realized that happens to me too. Seems like a presentational "issue" to me however

Maps that are "looping" are (from top to bottom in list) Southern Sahrani, Rahmadi, Porto, Shapur, Desert Island, United Sahrani, G.O.S Gunkizli and Podogorsk.

The tarball seems to be extracted and pretty much good to go file-wise however. Looks very similar structure-wise to the other maps marked as installed.

Just finished setting this up on my community's server, and I have to say that "impressed" doesn't even begin to describe how amazed I am at the technical work you've put into this, with so much polish and stability even at beta: the installation process was very streamlined and easy to understand, and aside from the deflated GZIP issue some people have had as well, everything eventually worked like a charm bar my own lack of paying attention.

Some features I personally would like to see in the future:

• Being able to go back/forward in the playback, otherwise it's a little bit annoying to rewatch specific moments.
  • Ability to define custom Events that would be later displayed, any string would already give mission makers a lot to work with.
  • Opening the list of replays without having to refresh the page.

In any case, congratulation to the creator - this is a fantastic project and I'm very excited to see how will it turn out.

Oh man, the ability to create custom "bookmarks" for each operation would be awesome. Allows people to skip right to key points if they aren't familiar with that particular operation.

Oh man, the ability to create custom "bookmarks" for each operation would be awesome. Allows people to skip right to key points if they aren't familiar with that particular operation.

Yes, it could be nice..and the best should be to have this bookmarks available as URL..something like you can do with youtube.

In this way, in a mission debrief, you can link the moment you're refering for a specific timing and if a mission was 3 or 4 hours long, people can skip exactly where you link them

Hey Goodson, bit of a weird issue and unsure of what I can send you to help you out,

In starting to install the web part of OCAP, the webpage is blank when going to install.

I am using chrome and this is all that is visible on the page:  http://i.imgur.com/f5Bn77F.png

I went to try using the EDGE browser that comes with Win10 and It works (sort of): http://i.imgur.com/NfhcY5Z.png

Still having issues getting the final "Fail" to work correctly. I have enabled loading of mod_deflate and any AllowOverrides i've located are set to All.

Cheers

Is anyone able to give Podagorsk a try? I'm getting "Error: Map 'fdf_isle1_a' is not installed"; although it is.