Hi XianGrim, have you setup your website with OCAP? It sounds like Arma is not able to transfer the JSON file to your website (which is what's supposed to happen). This is likely due to one of the following:

• OCAP web client not installed on your website.
  • Userconfig incorrectly configured.
  • Arma doesn't have write permissions to the /data directory in the OCAP website root.

Btw, OCAP creates a ocap_log.txt in your Arma root folder. Open that in a text editor and see if that provides any useful information.

• Like 1

Hi Mistergoodson,

First of all, my congratulations for the work done.

I have a question that haunts the mind, it is possible to lower the functionality of dedicated server to work capturing the data? or otherwise, it works fine?

Greetings from Spain,

WILCO

www.clanesus.com

Like I said, feelling silly haha. Completely missed the entire website piece of it. We are using Enjin though which doesn't have FTP support. I'll poke around a bit more

Edit

Yeah this will be a little harder to use. Enjin doesn't allow php scripts to be run. 

Having a problem with the install, the button to agree & continue is disabled even after we've entered our community name but it won't tell us why. Any ideas?

Having a problem with the install, the button to agree & continue is disabled even after we've entered our community name but it won't tell us why. Any ideas?

Hi BridgeJ. Did all the tests in the "requirements check" pass? If any of the tests fail, they will need to be resolved before continuing with the install.

Like I said, feelling silly haha. Completely missed the entire website piece of it. We are using Enjin though which doesn't have FTP support. I'll poke around a bit more

Edit
Yeah this will be a little harder to use. Enjin doesn't allow php scripts to be run.
Ah I see. It's a shame Enjin doesn't support FTP or PHP.
I do have one possible solution for people in a similar situation to you - I could setup an official OCAP website that handles the playback for you. There'd need to be some way to separate different playbacks for different communities, but it's possible. If enough people are interested in this, I may consider implementing it - though I can't make any promises as I go back to uni in 2 weeks (so time will be limited).

@WILCO_ESUS: Unfortunately I don't plan on implementing a playback feature into Arma itself. However, see my reply to XianGrim (above).
  • Like 2

Hi BridgeJ. Did all the tests in the "requirements check" pass? If any of the tests fail, they will need to be resolved before continuing with the install.

As per this screenshot it doesn't tell us anything 

MisterGoodson:

We're having a small issue where on export it updates the database and creates the entry for the game, but the json is not uploaded to the specified ftp. Testing it by copying and pasting the outputted ftp, login and password from ocap_log.txt in filezilla client I end up directly in the /data-directory as per the config.hpp instructions and I am able to manually upload the json file from the temp folder.

My log:

12-09-2016 20:55 | Appended capture data to capture file.
12-09-2016 20:55 | All tasks complete.
12-09-2016 20:55 | Arguments supplied: {transferRemote;OP_blackfriday_v5_885.json;Sara;Operation Black Friday;1604;<http url>;<ftp url>;<ftp login>;<ftp pass>}
12-09-2016 20:55 | Parsing arguments...
12-09-2016 20:55 | Done.
12-09-2016 20:55 | Sending POST data to <http url>/data/receive.php
12-09-2016 20:55 | worldName: Sara
missionName: Operation Black Friday
missionDuration: 1604
filename: OP_blackfriday_v5_885.json

12-09-2016 20:55 | All tasks complete.

My ftp login contains an @, can that possibly be an issue?

@BridgeJ Hmmm that's odd, it's supposed to look like this. I'll PM you and we can discuss it further there.

@Bamse FTP export is not yet implemented (it should mention this in the userconfig file). Apologies if I did not make this clear enough.

@-ben-: I'll look into this  ;)

Copy that, my bad. Tbh, it is very clear when you read the config, I just got a little confused since the database update worked and somehow assumed (and you know what the say about assuming stuff ;)) that it worked aswell >_<

Thanks again!

@WILCO_ESUS: Unfortunately I don't plan on implementing a playback feature into Arma itself. However, see my reply to XianGrim (above).

I think you've answered a question that does not correspond to mine.

I repeat my question:

It is possible to lower the functionality of ARMA dedicated server to work capturing the data? or otherwise, it works fine?

Thank you very much again,

WILCO

www.clanesus.com

New mod v0.5-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey mistergoodson , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

My mistake maca134, completely forgot to mention your tutorial in the credits. Credits updated on both BI forums and GitHub  :)

Can I use this script for stop record and repeat record?

while {true} do
{
	sleep 3600;
	[] call ocap_fnc_exportData;
	sleep 3600;
	[] spawn ocap_fnc_startCaptureLoop;
};

@superogira - That will not work as you intend as ocap_fnc_exportData does not actually end the capture (capture continues once export is complete). In the next update this function will instead stop capture by default (allowing you to start capture again later if you wish).

@simwah Brilliant, I'll add this to the map repository. Thanks.

My mistake maca134, completely forgot to mention your tutorial in the credits. Credits updated on both BI forums and GitHub  :)

Thankyou very much  :D

Did our first live run with OCAP today. Laughs were had (many funny Benny Hill like moments) and quite a few "omfg, there was ALOT of enemies at that town!".

Our players really loved it!

Point of curiosity; Are there any plans to be able to directly link to a mission sometime down the line?

• Like 2

Did our first live run with OCAP today. Laughs were had (many funny Benny Hill like moments) and quite a few "omfg, there was ALOT of enemies at that town!".

Our players really loved it!

Hearing things like this makes me really glad I released OCAP   :)

Regarding adding a share link - yep, this is on my todo list.

• Like 1

Hey, great mod! Easy to install and run. One thing though, I can not figure out for the life of me how to get the recorded file to show up on the list. It is in the data folder on my server.

Here is the end of my log file:

13/09/2016 17:59 | Parsing arguments...
13/09/2016 17:59 | Done.
13/09/2016 17:59 | Appended capture data to capture file.
13/09/2016 17:59 | All tasks complete.
13/09/2016 17:59 | Arguments supplied: {write;co80_Urgent_Fury_v1_3_644.json}]}
13/09/2016 17:59 | Appended capture data to capture file.
13/09/2016 17:59 | Arguments supplied: {transferLocal;co80_Urgent_Fury_v1_3_644.json;tanoa;Urgent Fury V1.3;454;http://am1.taw.net/ocap/;C:/Apache/sites/am1.taw.net/ocap/}
13/09/2016 17:59 | Moving co80_Urgent_Fury_v1_3_644.json to C:/Apache/sites/am1.taw.net/ocap/data/co80_Urgent_Fury_v1_3_644.json...
13/09/2016 17:59 | Done
13/09/2016 17:59 | Sending POST data to http://am1.taw.net/ocap/data/receive.php
13/09/2016 17:59 | 

Any ideas?

Edit: I just looked in the data.db file and there are no operations in the operations table. That's probably the problem. What could be causing that?

Edit2: I manually added the operation to the table in the database and now it shows up. No idea why it didn't get inserted when the file was uploaded

Hi Aristenn,

It looks like your web server isn't responding to/receiving the POST request. Possibly a permissions issue? Double-check that your Arma server has read/execute access to receive.php.

We managed to install it and get it working on WIndows server 2012 R2 using IIS8. I tried to get it working with Apache24 but no matter what I tired I couldn't get gzip and php curl working. This is most certainly a problem on my side as we don't use a LAMP (or WAMP) stack on the server that we manage and I'm not familiar with it.

Some notes to everyone who wants to use IIS8:

• I got PHP curl working out of the box when I installed PHP 7 from the Microsoft web platform installer
  • To get GZIP working, make sure you have Web Server -> Performance -> Static Content Compression & Dynamic Content Compression server roles installed using the Add roles and features wizard. Then in the configuration editor in IIS Manager for your server, make sure you add application/json (and enable it) to system.webServer/httpCompression/dynamicTypes/

@mistergoodson: Is it safe to manually delete the events with a SQLite browser (in order to cleanup)?

Also I think I noticed a bug where I exported twice (once at 4 mins and another time at 11 mins) and I got 3 recordings in the DB and on the site but with only 2 JSON files. 2 of the recordings where correct and expected, but the 2nd one (chronologically) said it was 11 minutes long but used the 4 minute long JSON file. Not sure if I should report this in the repo as I only tried this once.

I am using a fresh install of Version 0.5.0.1 Beta.

• Like 2

Yep, it's safe to remove the events manually via SQLite browser. The DB essentially just stores pointers to the capture files (JSON).

Weird that the DB showed 3 recordings. Perhaps you executed the function twice quickly in succession without realising? Doing so may cause the issue you describe.