4Z16B8J.png

Operation Capture And Playback (BETA)

w1YYwzsh.jpg

What is it?
OCAP lets you record and replay operations on an interactive (web-based) map.
Reveal where the enemy were located.

Discover how each group carried out their assaults.

See who engaged who, when, and how.

Use it simply for fun or as a training tool to see how well your group performs on ops.

Features

• Interactive web-based playback. All you need is a browser.
  • Captures positions of all units and vehicles throughout an operation.
  • Captures events such as shots fired, kills, and hits.
  • Event log displays events as they happened in realtime.
  • Clicking on a unit lets you follow them.
  • Server based capture - no mods required for clients.

Download
Download via GitHub

OCAP is not yet compatible with 64-bit servers.

Please wait until a new version is released.

ETA: 2018

Credits
- 3 Commando Brigade for testing and moral-boosting.
- Leaflet - an awesome JS interactive map library.

- Maca134 for his tutorial on writing Arma extensions in C#.

Changelog & Known Issues

Known Issues
- Web client was created using Chrome, other browsers (e.g. Firefox) are known to have some compatibility issues.
- When using ACE with insta-death off, kill/hit events report victim as the killer.

Spoiler

Note about 64-bit version of Arma server:
OCAP may crash the Arma server after an extended period of capture time. This is due to BI reducing the max size of arrays in the 64-bit update and therefore limiting the number of frames that can be captured in a single session.

Once I return from my studies (sometime soon after May/June), I plan on fixing this issue as well as others that have been reported on GitHub.

Changelog

v0.5.0.1-beta

Tiny update to web files. Changes:
- 'servers' table (in local database) is cleaned on reinstall.
- Hints now shown when common errors encountered (e.g. map not installed).

v0.5-beta
First public release

• Like 32

wow :O dogu say much good... these are the type of mods which enhance Arma and we always need more. thank you for making this. 

Yay well done on the release Goodson, beautiful mod that has added another side to 3CBs gameplay analysis 

• Like 1

This would be VERY useful for evaluating large scale AI mods - let them run and then see how they flanked/assaulted/died etc !

Great tool - really good for seeing exactly when you screwed up :)

Gav

• Like 1

Really good thing! Is it server intensive? Any FPS drop? What maps are supported?

Really good thing! Is it server intensive? Any FPS drop? What maps are supported?

Thanks! The server captures a 'frame' every 1 second (by default). Each capture takes ~24ms (<1 fps drop server-side), depending on unit/vehicle count. However, more intensive testing is required, so please let me know what impact on performance OCAP has for you. If you check your server's RPT logs while OCAP is running, it will report the capture time for every 10 frames. 

Regarding what maps are supported, please see here. New maps can be added upon request. As time goes on, more and more maps will be added (as my group likes to play on a lot of different maps).

• Like 3

Great addon !!! :) 

Is the file export compatible on Windows ? I haven't been able to make OCAP write anything on my disk.

Thx !

Yes the export is compatible with Windows. In fact, the live web demo runs on a Windows box (our game server).

When exporting, OCAP creates a log file in Arma's root folder for you (ocap_log.txt). Open this file and check that it is correctly exporting/transferring the data. You should see something like this:

11/09/2016 12:58 | Capture file not found, creating at Temp\operation_green_hat_624.json...
11/09/2016 12:58 | Done.
11/09/2016 12:58 | Appended capture data to capture file.
11/09/2016 12:58 | All tasks complete.
11/09/2016 12:59 | Moving operation_green_hat_624.json to c:/apache/htdocs/data/operation_green_hat_624.json...
11/09/2016 12:59 | Done

Make sure your Arma server has write access to the /data in the OCAP web root (may need to run Arma as Administrator).

PM me if you have any more issues  ;)

My Unit and I will most likely give it a try on the Weekend. Looking forward to it. The idea sounds just awesome! 
Looking forward to so more terrains. ^^

Thank you for releasing this!

We will definitely make use of this for our community!

This is really cool, will definitely test it. Is it possible to extend the time for every capture?

Tried it, LOVED it. Holy hell this is pretty goddamn near perfect!

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys. I hope you enjoy using it as much as we do  ;)

@Rall3n: Thanks, this is very useful!

Edit:

This is really cool, will definitely test it. Is it possible to extend the time for every capture?

If you're talking about saving a capture, continue capturing some more, and then saving the capture again - yes this is possible. When you call ocap_fnc_exportData this doesn't actually stop the capturing, but just exports it. So if you called the function again some time later, it would export all previous data plus all new data (as one file). I hope I've understood your question correctly.

Jamie, have we set it up so other people can create maps ? Just conscious that some units will use maps we never touch.

I.e. Is there a way people can prepare their own tileset and email/transfer it to us for inclusion ?

I'm getting lost now and feeling silly since it seems like it should be pretty straight forward. Our group runs our server on a dedicated box. I uploaded the mod, moved the DLL file over, changed the userconfig. I'm seeing the JSON file in our TEMP folder. What do we do with file? Obviously I'm missing a step somewhere