jevuner

About Arma 3 1.64 update introduction of VAC flags and consequences of it.

Hello to BIS and community.

I apologize if I has written in incorrect thread of forum, sure this beyond Arma 3.
There some questions I'm worried about upcoming 1.64 update introducing VAC flags for accounts which were banned by Battleye.
https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00171Logistics section.
First question is it retroactive? So if account was banned before this update is it still going to be flagged by VAC?
I'm sure this shouldn't be retroactive, just like real life laws (see ex post facto law). 
Also these VAC flags can have consequences
on certain servers and communities.

If you haven't cheated you're more than likely okay, VAC has pretty low false positive rate.

In light of that, what's the problem?

• Like 1

The problem is my Steam account can be flagged by VAC since I have Battleye ban in Arma 2...
Believe me or not I don't remember exactly why, some experiments on DayZ mod with useless 3-rd party programs back when GameSpy was alive.
Isn't it is enough? I had to re-buy Arma 2 and addons on new account.
I don't want to ruin my experience in Arma 3 and another games just because of it. And also I didn't disturb other players. There is servers wich can autoban you for any VAC flags. No matter how long and which game.
Like real life punishment it shouldn't be retroactive.

There is servers wich can autoban you for any VAC flags. No matter how long and which game.

I know and to be honest, that is so idiotic that I wouldn't want to play on those servers anyway.

I have a vac entry myself, which is over 3000 days old. Dating back to a time where steam didn't have proper account security which led to my account getting hijacked by some hacker kid while I was on vacation.

It's really nasty that steam doesn't give a shit about that and will not ever lift a VAC ban for whatever reason even though it was partially their fault.

Ah well... whatever.

Just wait and see what happens, no use worrying about it now.

to be honest i was waiting for vac to arrive

and i say its a bad thing on a "open source " heavely scripted and modified gameplatform VAC can produce many false positives on a "open"Game

to be honest i was waiting for vac to arrive

and i say its a bad thing on a "open source " heavely scripted and modified gameplatform VAC can produce many false positives on a "open"Game

Fortunately, VAC is not used to detect cheats so there will be no false positives by it.
  • Like 1