Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

Overlooked Attention To Detail

I've been onboard since OFP days, so I certainly appreciate the depth and detail of Arma3. Two nights ago I was on a roadblock just waiting around in the sun on Altis when I heard a bird breaking into flight above me. I'd never heard or at least noticed that before. So immersive I almost thought I was in the real world. The sound in a game has not been so good since Joint Operations which also did wonderful ambient sounds.

Wind only affects how much trees sway, not when they sway (i.e. a gust of wind makes a tree sway).  It's more like a number that tells it how much to sway.  While cool whats missing is a lot of things like ballistics being affected by wind, sound being affected by wind, vehicles and planes being affected by wind, etc. 

Also, the swaying trees kind of show the engine's age because the leaves don't move. If you look up at the canopy it actually looks pretty weird. Most games from the last ten years with detailed environments have fully animated foliage.

But I don't mean to be a negative nancy, so: It's cool that when you shoot in the jungle, the sound of jungle life stops and then fades back in after 15 seconds or so.

Remember when salt flats looked just too flat
Well look again
pPJ46bR.jpg

Or when rocks on ground were just 2d image
UpISGhW.jpg

I love this game,and I love all the small details that always amazes me. A lot of people just miss them

• Like 5