lato190

SWAT: Elite Force (SWAT 4 Mod that restore cut content & more)

Oh wow. Excellent videos, everyone. So this game isn't digitally available anywhere? Am I understanding that correctly?

Bummer. I don't even have a disc drive in my PC. Does anyone know of any legit places that offer this digitally?

• Like 1

You're correct, no one has the rights as far as I am aware. That said I saw SWAT 1 (the police quest series) on steam the other day, so maybe its coming there, all games were published by the now gone Sierra so I guess its possible. 

Edit: Upon some further research Activation re-opened Sierra in 2014 so I guess maybe this is why swat 1 made it to steam? and why it says Activation are the publishers, maybe hope yet. 

• Like 2

Probably your best bet is finding a copy online somewhere, though I imagine the prices will be high.

• Like 2

My love for SWAT 4 is everlasting, a truly great game made by very talented developers. After the release of SWAT 4, Irrational had plans for a zombie survival game called Division 9, sadly it never seen the light of day, but interestingly there next project was the very successful Bioshock.

Sorry for going off topic here guys.....:sulkoff:

• Like 1

Amazing videos again guys. Division 9 looks like it would have been great. 

Unfortunately Sic, I don't even have a disc drive in my PC so I'll just have to live vicariously through your videos, so keep them coming. I'm enjoying the hell out of them. :)

• Like 2

On 5-1-2017 at 5:27 PM, lato190 said:

in the next update of SWAT Elite mod, you will be able to lock doors:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/swat-elite-force/images/lockable-doors#imagebox

but suspects may able to unlock doors

Oh that's pretty awesome! I wonder what that will mean for wedges though. I like to use those to lock doors off, I suppose the suspects won't be able to do anything about them.

Also, I know this is not something you should generally promote on game forums but since SWAT 4 isn't really being sold anymore, no profits will be lost if you'd try to pirate the game from somewhere. There has to be a workable version somewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sic-disaster said:

Oh that's pretty awesome! I wonder what that will mean for wedges though. I like to use those to lock doors off, I suppose the suspects won't be able to do anything about them.

Also, I know this is not something you should generally promote on game forums but since SWAT 4 isn't really being sold anymore, no profits will be lost if you'd try to pirate the game from somewhere. There has to be a workable version somewhere.

BlueDrake42 has uploaded SWAT 4 + TSS on his page.

Also i created a new article on SWAT 4 Remake modpage in order to support the Elite Force mod to help it grow and i posted some of your gameplay videos which gives you a little boost on views: http://www.moddb.com/mods/swat-4-special-edition/news/supporting-elite-force-mod-videos-more

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sic-disaster said:

If you've got the CDs you've also got the CD-key. Download the game from somewhere and use the key you paid for.

2 hours ago, lato190 said:

Also i created a new article on SWAT 4 Remake modpage in order to support the Elite Force mod to help it grow and i posted some of your gameplay videos which gives you a little boost on views: http://www.moddb.com/mods/swat-4-special-edition/news/supporting-elite-force-mod-videos-more

Someone on some site somewhere was very kind and directed me to a download. In the event I don't have success with it (I don't think it's 100% certain to work), can you post or PM me a link to BlueDrake42's page? I don't know who that is.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be mysterious, I just don't want to get anyone in trouble.

3 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Someone on some site somewhere was very kind and directed me to a download. In the event I don't have success with it (I don't think it's 100% certain to work), can you post or PM me a link to BlueDrake42's page? I don't know who that is.

https://forum.bluedrake42.com/index.php?/home/

• Like 1

On 7-1-2017 at 3:48 PM, lato190 said:

Thanks mate! I appreciate that! 

Here's the next one :)

• Like 2

Do you think that bodes well for Steam? I personally don't care the platform, but I have like $70 in my Steam wallet.

Anyway, that's awesome. I was having real issues with the pirated copy and also much prefer supporting legal purchases and the devs anyway. 

It's a good day. :)

Instabuy for me,still have my original cds but this deserves a buy,one of the greatest old school tactical games.I used to play it with SSF and Code11 mods.

Besides I like to support GoG,they probably had to work hard to secure the license.I read some time ago that Swat 4 was in license limbo same as other forgotten gems like Nolf 1&2.

• Like 3

Time for the Children of Taronne Tenement! Many people will remember this one because of it's highly creepy atmosphere, just like the Fairfax Residence :)

• Like 1

Guys I start SEFmod, as described, via the batch file: .\SWAT 4\SEF\LaunchSEF.bat

This way it does not save settings (I have to set to my resolution at any start) - what should I do ideally? Thx. And thx for the videos.

And: it is crosshair only, not watch through iron sights? Absolutely not used to using crosshair like this.

Have a look at your SWAT4X config file, your reso will be in there change it to what you want then make it read only. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jeza said:

Have a look at your SWAT4X config file, your reso will be in there change it to what you want then make it read only. 

Thanks, I sorted this out yesterday. I've installed the Sefmod 4.1 and that huge maps pack on top of the GOG version, now I think I have a complete thing. What a wonderful game, very immersive, so many tactical options. How could I miss that!

• Like 1