lato190

SWAT: Elite Force (SWAT 4 Mod that restore cut content & more)

A new swat 4 mod appeared on Moddb and i want to share it here, maybe the one or other dont know about it. Yes swat 4 is old but it has a active community and its still being modded.

Here is the feature list of the Mod:

• The Stetchkov Syndicate and base game missions are compressed into one campaign. As in The Stetchkov Syndicate, some equipment will need to be unlocked.
  • Suspects employ a greater variety of tactics. "Insane" suspects will shoot without hesitation at hostages. "Polite" ones on the other hand, won't make this a priority.
  • Traps. This is a huge cut feature from the game. Some doors may be trapped with bombs or alarms, and you'll need to adjust your approach to deal with it.
  • New secondary objective: collect drug evidence. Static drug bags have been replaced with new ones that can be collected.
  • More equipment options. This includes a few cut equipment items, such as riot helmets. You can equip your AI-controlled officers with armor of your choosing now, and they can drop more lightsticks.
  • More realistic reactions, from both suspects and civilians. Times have changed from 2004 - the public has a deeper sense of mistrust for police officers. This mod reflects that. Oh, and civilians won't scream like madmen at inappropriate times.
  • Equipment is also much more realistic. Flashbangs are now very dangerous pieces of equipment, and TASERs can make the elderly or drug-addled go into cardiac arrest. Be careful of that.
  • Commands are easier to give with a new Graphic Command Interface with lots of submenus instead of a single long list. You can now issue BREACH commands on unlocked doors as well. MOVE and OPEN commands are now both available at the same time, so you can issue door commands through other doorways. There are a few totally new commands that can be issued to your team.
  • Harsher penalties. Incapacitated hostages and suspects now need to be reported to TOC; deadly force is more scrutinized and can be incurred by more means (AI controlled officers using C2 and snipers are two good examples)
  • The game reveals much more information to you. A warning will display when you have made a penalty, and a message will show when you have completed an objective.
  • Many many many many bugfixes.

it has many many interesting features that was never in any other mod. I think we dont need a new SWAT title (only for those who need new graphics but graphics arent important). With all the mods we have for SWAT 4. It is also possible to combine the mods to have a more featured and better graphical SWAT 4 version. It needs modding knowledge but it isnt THAT hard.

link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/swat-elite-force

• Like 5

Still one of the most fantastic games of all time.

Saddens me though how at that time I would think about just how much more insane these types of games would be in 10-15 years and yet truthfully games have been going the opposite direction. Deep tactical squad shooters are now a thing relegated to modding teams to ancient games.

Damned bearded hipster youth!!

• Like 3

Oh wow, this seems lovely! I gotta give it a try when I can. They certainly don't make 'em like that anymore. And that subtle, creepy Eric Brosius sound work ...

I gave it a go the other day, though the first mission of it's restructured campaign isn't much of a challenge. Still, it's interesting to see some of the changes:

• Like 3

@SiC: You talked about an update that you can't find, which one is it? I might have it on some backup drive ...

Seems like you failed to secure some evidence since a perfect mission would yield 100/100, and nothing has been deducted, just not added either :P

Well, I downloaded the 3.2 version Sheriffs Special Forces mod. Not sure if that was the latest one. But when I try to run it, it says it needs to update but it can't find anything. And looking around online, that's the last update I can find too.

And yeah, I was wondering about that score. I did get the suspects weapon and I don't think there would be any bags of drugs there, though there might have been.

And yeah, I was wondering about that score. I did get the suspects weapon and I don't think there would be any bags of drugs there, though there might have been.

In the master bedroom it looked like there was a case/laptop of some sort on one of the dressers on the right. You're pretty much looking straight at it at 14:35-37.

IIRC there was some small update for MP after 3.2, but I don't recall it being required ...

Ah yeah, I see it. That could've been it! Who knows what the laptop of that pervert might hold... ugh. :P

I saw the swat 4 remake 1.3 dropped, had a little go last night, lots better, and non latex uniforms now and you'll notice expanded campaign maps: (4:35....colt45. always makes one surrender). 

• Like 1

I saw the swat 4 remake 1.3 dropped, had a little go last night, lots better, and non latex uniforms now and you'll notice expanded campaign maps: (4:35....colt45. always makes one surrender). 

God! Take your time man, you play so aggressive. Besides that, mod looks amazing!

Thanks for the update links :)

• Like 3

So, wich mod is better (especially when it comes to AI)? Swat remake, or elite force? 

So, wich mod is better (especially when it comes to AI)? Swat remake, or elite force? 

this is hard to say which one is better. SWAT 4 Remake mod contains HD content, aswell new weapons. So if you like to play with more weapons and HD content, id go for SWAT 4 Remake, but SWAT Elite force contains those awesome gameplay changes (Updated UI with more options, Traps etc) so if you like to have those gameplay features, go for SWAT Elite force.

SWAT 4 Remake is basically New Weapons + HD Textures/Models + New Missions + Harder AI

SWAT Elite force is Standard Quality but New Gameplay elements like Traps + Bug fixes + Some new Equipment that were cut + New Commands + AI Upgrades aswell

The best is to try yourself which one you like more, for the AI i think the Elite force has better AI.

It would be cool to combine both mods, its also possible and not that hard, ive combined SWAT 4 + TSS so i dont have them seperate, but all in one folder. Modding SWAT 4 is easier than most games

The only problem i have is: exporting a model with 3dsmax 7 to SWAT 4

Yeah so tried out Elite Force, and its really great exactly what I was looking for in gameplay, remake mod is great for adding goodies, but I think for gameplay this is top, brings back a lot of neat features from SWAT 3, a combo of the both would be great.

• Like 1

Man... I'd give my left ___ if someone made an ArmA3 mod based off of SWAT 4. Oh the possibilities.

If someone could combine the best of both mods....

Same. So:

Right.....the guns in remake mod is all i want really....the other mod does gameplay which is the main thing, so animations folder sounds folder, textures folder all have weaps content in that remake mod......so maybe just throwing those in the Elite force mod in the same place might work....
  • Like 1

Same. So:

Right.....the guns in remake mod is all i want really....the other mod does gameplay which is the main thing, so animations folder sounds folder, textures folder all have weaps content in that remake mod......so maybe just throwing those in the Elite force mod in the same place might work....

it works almost like this, the weapon configs has to be transfered too.

In Content/Classes/:
SwatEquipmentModels.u
SwatEffects.u (if new effects created)
SwatAmmo.u (if new ammo added)
In Content/Animations/
FP_Hand.ukx (if necessary)
Files to be edited with Content/System/IGEffectsConfigurator.exe
In Content/System/:
VisualEffects.ini
SoundEffects.ini
Files to be edited with a text editor:
In Content/System/:
SwatEquipment.ini

this is how i would do it:

transfer the textures, sounds, models & animations from the SWAT 4 Remake files by opening the texture, sounds etc packages, searching the weapons and extract these files, then opening the sound, texture etc package from the Elite force mod and import the extracted files there.

then the same with config:

You go to the system folder of SWAT 4 Remake, search the weapon config in the files mentioned above (for example you want the M16A1, you search in the SWAT 4 Remake config files everything related to this gun and copy it and paste it into the SWAT Elite forces config files). Its pretty easy if you know what you are doing. I did it when i merged SWAT 4 Expansion into Main SWAT 4 Folder. This is also how it works when you want to make the Missions appear in the Campaign list

SWAT 4 Modding is one of the easiest thing, but my only problem is when i want to export models to SWAT 4, there is some errormessage coming. I swear if i get it working one day, i will put every hand weapon from WW1 until today into SWAT 4 (ofcourse with models from online) and make the enemies use also these weapons. I already tried to export some lowpoly WW1 models into SWAT 4 but damn error
  • Like 2

i have created a steamgroup for the mod remake:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/swat4remake

if you have interest, join, we can also discuss stuff there how to merge both mods, maybe we will create a generic swat 4 modding group / turn the current one into a more generic swat 4 modding group