lordprimate

This Game is Violent.....

I find soo many people that play this game to be completely hypocritical...

In this game There are Bullets that kill people... Wether your playing ARMA Life or MILSIM... there is DEATH... there are bombs. explosives... projectile weapons. etx....

We shoot people, we blow them up we shoot AI and blow them up... There are Blood Mods... Graffics mods to make the Explosions that kill People/AI look cooler..... 

ALL THIS DEATH AND DESTRUCTION>>

BUT GOD FORBID SOMEONE MAKES A INTERROGATION MOD.... Where you beat someone up.....

What about the MOCAP mod... in that mod there is hand to hand combat... and you can hit AVATARs in game with your rifle stock... you can tie someone up with ACE intraction and use mocap to beat the  shit out of them and kill them... but that mod is still around ... 

YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES... well at least those that cried about the interrogation mod..

Death by bullets and explosions...  BIS forums says its OK

Interragating a LIVE subject .... BIS forums DENIED

• Like 8

Agreed.....I thought the knee-jerk reaction to that interrogation mod was OTT.

• Like 6

I don't think it was so much the mod itself as more of the way it was portrayed. IIRC the mod was showcased interrogating a middle eastern AI, and the basis was that it was an interrogation of an ISIS memeber.

Should it be allowed? I think it should. So many scripting and missions cold benefit from it.

• Like 1

Agreed.....I thought the knee-jerk reaction to that interrogation mod was OTT.

OMG, don't you have a heart you goat fetishist? I am sure you would beat thousands of goats if that mod had this feature. That's it, am calling peta now!!

• Like 3

While I agree with your sentiment, I would hesitate with generalizations such as

YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES...

The world has become a liberal left paradise in a lot of ways where feel good sentiments, which totally contradict human nature, are the norm.

I blame the lawyers, they make so much money off every little nuance or statement that every comment or idea is immediately scrutinized for some type  of human rights violation.

Its created this ridiculous high moral ground  position that people feel they need to occupy in order to have relevance...Social media has not helped as it has provided a soapbox for anyone regardless of their actual knowledge on a subject.

The reality is the world will never be a utopia with humans on it... full stop.

• Like 4

Agree it prob shouldn't have been removed (although I haven't watched the video).

However, a line must be drawn somewhere or you end up with "rape mod" being made or some other OTT bullshit on the pretext that it happens in war.

Nobody is forcing ANYONE to play ARMA or download these various gore addons etc.

There is nothing remotely close to being in combat that any milsim game produces, it's all about choices, people, even good people do bad things in war, and conflict, no game can replicate the bad decisions one makes where people have their lives taken from them, or the crosses they have to bear, or the mental scars they carry either.

You can switch ARMA off.

You can't switch real life off.

I have recently ended 13 years in Iraq, to work in a less hostile country, I've seen it all, done it all, made the decisions where lives ended. there's absolute no point in getting wound up over a game that's not even close to being under enemy fire, or the real fear you might actually not see the end of the day.

If the game and its addons concern you that much, uninstall and go join the millions of other adults chasing after "Pokemon" ;) there's a reality check right there for you :D

• Like 2

I find soo many people that play this game to be completely hypocritical...

In this game There are Bullets that kill people... Wether your playing ARMA Life or MILSIM... there is DEATH... there are bombs. explosives... projectile weapons. etx....

We shoot people, we blow them up we shoot AI and blow them up... There are Blood Mods... Graffics mods to make the Explosions that kill People/AI look cooler..... 

ALL THIS DEATH AND DESTRUCTION>>

BUT GOD FORBID SOMEONE MAKES A INTERROGATION MOD.... Where you beat someone up.....

What about the MOCAP mod... in that mod there is hand to hand combat... and you can hit AVATARs in game with your rifle stock... you can tie someone up with ACE intraction and use mocap to beat the  shit out of them and kill them... but that mod is still around ... 

YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES... well at least those that cried about the interrogation mod..

Death by bullets and explosions...  BIS forums says its OK

Interragating a LIVE subject .... BIS forums DENIED

cry me a river...

call it "torture mod", because that is what it was...if you put "=" between interrogation and torture and you feel that is all fine and dandy, then you really do have a problem...

edit: i was under the assumption that there is no discussion about how moderation happens on these forums...being written in the rules and all...

• Like 3

Agree it prob shouldn't have been removed (although I haven't watched the video).

However, a line must be drawn somewhere or you end up with "rape mod" being made or some other OTT bullshit on the pretext that it happens in war.

If you look in his signature, there's a link to the video and honestly it's very tame IMO. At least when stacked up against head-popping mods and the like (which I also think are perfectly fine).

And just to put my hat in the ring, like I said about the gore mod, I'm against this one being removed.

cry me a river...

call it "torture mod", because that is what it was...if you put "=" between interrogation and torture and you feel that is all fine and dandy, then you really do have a problem...

edit: i was under the assumption that there is no discussion about how moderation happens on these forums...being written in the rules and all...

Really though, its a video game. You can use mods that blow people's bodies apart and sends blood flying everywhere, that's just fine and dandy.  I can drop cluster bombs on civilian settlements, and that's cool too!

HOLY CRAP YOU CAN PUNCH SOMEBODY IN A CHAIR? This is an OUTRAGE! 

seriously. In real life when your out of bullets completely you can use your fists as a last resort. In arma when your out of bullets, you are completely Shit Outta Luck, zero defensive capabilities left. 

I think what happened here is some people got their moral feathers ruffled and felt they needed to shut it down in any way possible because they feel offended by a piece of digital content that is VERY tame compared to other mods that people have no problem with. The guy your punching isn't a real person, it's just an object being controlled by the computer, it has no feelings. 

Was there anything that implied you could only punch middle eastern people? I'm guessing probably not, you could punch any character you wanted to most likely.

• Like 2

cry me a river...

I can understand that the mod was expressed in perhaps an unethical way, however censoring it wouldn't be the best way to deal with it as that type of thing does happen in real life and having that mod around could help with awareness to that particular issue. Personally I considered it as artwork from that author because it showed a certain darkness that is rarely seen in Arma.

A good example is from the campaign, civilians and armed factions have been abused and killed all the time within the game. I think it would be unfair and dare is say hypocritical to not allow a mod author to express their work regardless if people are uncomfortable with it because if these issues are not see, known or talked about then nothing will ever be done to stop it from happening in the real world. There are also plenty of "abuse" or "torture" animations in the game files either ported over from Arma 2 or made from scratch for Arma 3 so why not let the author do similar work BI has done in the past and present?

Campaign Examples:

https://youtu.be/AHXpJomf0ow?t=5m36s

https://youtu.be/Ou95RToUFMc?t=7m9s

• Like 3

Reminds me of when people have a sook when they see nudity in a show, or the ever so 'explicit' sex scene, however its all good to watch people get their head caved in, shot and blown up... Same kinda thing here, everyone is ayokay with people getting JDAM'd, shot in the face, landmine'd, run over by tanks, Apache'd with 30mm.. but god forbid someone is tied down to a something and hurt.. Whether it be 'tortured' or 'interrogated'.

No one seems to bat an eye about the Blood Lust mod, blowing people apart with blood all over the walls and roof, but hey that's all cool, pretty sure some of you have a little giggle when someone gets made piss and when they get turned into a pink mist. 

The outrage is hilarious really as most moral outrage is these days...

Entirely based on emotion and little to do with fact..

Should arma have been pulled and Bis disbanded when it was reported that isis was using a3 as a training tool...

Or should the rest of us still be able to play it despite it being used by a group for a negative purpose...

Makes me laugh ... similar to the whole gun control argument.

And yet if you mention cars and alcohol they say well they weren't designed to kill... ridiculous...

The net affect is the same, people still die daily using them or kill people by piloting them irresponsibly

But because they are convenience they will be the last thing removed...

Things will only improve once we acknowledge the INDIVIDUAL responsibility to do things in an ethical way and quit trying to legislate morality...

• Like 3

Really though, its a video game. You can use mods that blow people's bodies apart and sends blood flying everywhere, that's just fine and dandy.  I can drop cluster bombs on civilian settlements, and that's cool too!

HOLY CRAP YOU CAN PUNCH SOMEBODY IN A CHAIR? This is an OUTRAGE! 

I don't really care whether there is a torture mod or not, but the surely you understand that there is a pretty big difference between those two scenarios. Cluster bombs are not designed to lay waste to civilian settlements and they were not included in the game for that purpose. That cluster bombs can be used to do a bad thing is incidental. A torture mod is specifically designed and only useful for doing bad things. As long as you accept that torture is bad and wrong, anyway.

Also, didn't the creator of that mod decide to take it down himself before the thread was locked?

Edit: And for the people who are upset about the "moral outrage" over this mod: Do you actually want to torture people in Arma or are you just mad that people are mad about people wanting to torture people in Arma?

Woah, what happened? Am I late to the party?

Same here :(

I don't really care whether there is a torture mod or not, but the surely you understand that there is a pretty big difference between those two scenarios. Cluster bombs are not designed to lay waste to civilian settlements and they were not included in the game for that purpose. That cluster bombs can be used to do a bad thing is incidental. A torture mod is specifically designed and only useful for doing bad things. As long as you accept that torture is bad and wrong, anyway.

Also, didn't the creator of that mod decide to take it down himself before the thread was locked?

Edit: And for the people who are upset about the "moral outrage" over this mod: Do you actually want to torture people in Arma or are you just mad that people are mad about people wanting to torture people in Arma?

The torture inside the damn game is not real. In my opinion its a different way to get information from enemies, other than blowing them away with big guns and bombs then finding the conveniently placed piece of Intel on the ground/table. 

This has nothing to do with if you think torture is good or bad, if you think it is bad, then don't download the mod or put it on your server.

I'd consider mods a work of art, torture mod being no different.

You can combine ACE and MOCAP to get the same effect, Should Bohemia demand that the developers of ACE or MOCAP implement a feature that disables it outright of the other mod is present since they can be used to display torture, or have their mod removed from these forums? 

If you can't tell reality from fiction then you have a mental issue and need to get some help for that.

here is an article on it if your really that interested: link

• Like 1

Woah, what happened? Am I late to the party?

Same here :(

I'm honestly not sure if I'm even allowed to link it.

If you look for a recent suicide bombing mod, look in the author's signature. That mod was removed and several users here had a fit over how distasteful it was.

Try eating my ex wife's beef casserole, that was pure fucking torture!!

Again, NOBODY is forcing people to use these mods.

• Like 4

There's nothing stopping anybody for using these things against civilians. The editor can make that happen.

And on the reverse, nothing about the interrogation mod was keeping people from placing soldiers (rather than the civilian depicted in the the video) in that chair either.

People can use anything how they want to because 99% of this game's playable content comes from creations users make themselves using BIS' resources.

I personally have no use for the torture aspect. Not because it offends me but because I'd prefer it have been a genuine interrogation mod with more options than just hitting to gather Intel. But because I don't have any use for the torure aspect at this time, it doesn't mean I think it should have been censored to begin with.
  • Like 3

I don't think it was so much the mod itself as more of the way it was portrayed. IIRC the mod was showcased interrogating a middle eastern AI, and the basis was that it was an interrogation of an ISIS memeber.

Should it be allowed? I think it should. So many scripting and missions cold benefit from it.

As far as I can remember, the problem hasn't been "interrogation", but that it displays torture as a working procedure to gain intel on something.

I'm honestly not sure if I'm even allowed to link it.

If you look for a recent suicide bombing mod, look in the author's signature. That mod was removed and several users here had a fit over how distasteful it was.

Thanks!

Uhm, I don't know the details, but I personally wouldn't mind such politically incorrect stuff. I feel if carefully used in the narrative, a torchure scene can have quite an impact. I can understand why the thread was locked though; it's BI's IP and forums after all and they dictate the rules. Though torturing is certainly nothing new in games (and movies, books, television, etc.). Latest example I can think of is GTA V's torture mission.

• Like 3

I think someone needs to work on their sensitivity issues !! Honest to Christ, it's a GAME!!

Right, so lets remove the damage in the games content, I mean lets fill all magazines with marshmallows so feelings don't get hurt, fuck sake's I shoot wounded enemy in the head, why? because I can, I don't lose any sleep over it.

Lets stop playing games where team members can actually fucking die, I mean there's a brotherhood between all your AI team mates, that you just know that when one of them dies, you're going to break down in tears and think about the last time you went out on the piss together, or how you banged his sister at his wedding ...right? 

I honestly do not know what the OP was trying to achieve with his post, maybe he needs a hug, and sing Kumbaya ??

Pointless pointless pointless thread.

• Like 2

Closing - for the record for the OP. The thread was removed due to the below forum rule. Rather than creating a thread to rant and flame-bait. It would have been more mature to have perhaps contacted a Forum Moderator to discuss why it was removed. 

Offensive content, flaming, privacy:

Material that is overly sexual, graphic, obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, abuse or slander, towards developers, staff or users, is strictly prohibited; this includes the Personal Message service, do not post private messages or user pictures. Flamebaiting is not allowed. Please do not post any personal or identifying information such as postal addresses, IPs or UIDs.

• Like 1