Sign in to follow this  
Revan9190

Burning Infantry

Flame weapons have been a tricky thing when trying to mod them into OFP. The engine is picky to work with, to say the least. I've talked to at least a couple of people about how I might go about making things like flame tanks and flamethrower infantry proper for Command and Conquer: Brotherhood Rising.

One thing I know is the usage of scripts in the ECP mod, where upon a certain chance, when armor is impacted in a certain way, the crew ejects and is on fire....running around screaming in agony until they die. I've always been astounded at this when I have massive armored battles and witness the horrific nature of this scenario.

In OFP40k it's sort of handled in a way I can't explain, and is more like a scattershot weapon from a Chimera and has a sort of knockback effect against enemy infantry.

There's another addon with flamethrowing skeletons, who throw 'flames' at you in a grenade-like fashion. I'm just wondering what would be a more efficient way to handle this for the following units that will eventually make it into Nod's arsenal:

Flamethrower

Chem Warrior (it'd basically be a green version of above, causing damage overtime, and maybe with a heavy script turn an enemy into a Visceroid - which will be blufor, opfor, independent, and civilian creature depending on how people make their missions)

Pyradon-class Flame Tank "Devil's Tongue" (twin-flame nozzles. Vehicle might end up looking more like its Renegade depiction).

Any thoughts as to how I might do this? I want to test it out in a kind of early stage, to see if it'd be a viable unit or if it'd just be some pretty cosmetic unit in the end. :P

If this is still relevant to you, you can check the Pacific mod (editor category West - USMC infantry). It has flamethrowers. It seems to work o.k. with the AI but there is no special effect for burning the victims, they just get killed.

There also was a flamethrower from WWIIEC but I'm not sure whether it is still available somewhere.

I know this is a very late reply (major bump), but yeah I was thinking about the Pacific mod. I don't have to have infantry burning like in ECP, but I would very much like a flamethrower infantry class for Nod. I'll have to ask Spad if it's alright to use the Flamethrower weapon for the mod. Along with the flamethrower weapon, I'd also be able to make a weapon based on the model and re-texture everything for a unit to become a Chem Warrior (including making "green flames", which is actually liquid Tiberium). I'm actually anxious to see what the flamethrower would look like on the Nod Minigunner model.