Great Work with this Mission.

I have a lot of fun (and spend way too much time) with my friend in the Missions. I tweaked them a little for me to get the Arsenal for some extra Armory and to use my saved classes, but all in all it works just fine. I just had problems to end the missions (clear the village and finde the sniper).

The Village hat to be cleared with an attack helicopter after we searched for the remaining enemies for 1 hour. He was hidden beneath some bush and did not want to attack us. Is there some way to make the enemies flee the zone (or launch an attack), when a specific amount of their force is defeated? Perhaps even some kind of Reinforcements like some Trucks full of units in an attempt to retake the village, so we have to flee into the mountains to launch a new attack?. It was quite exhausting to clear round about 50 houses one after another (nearly all empty), get back, come with an attack-heli, and find the last enemy under the tons of sheeps and civilians.

And on the sniper-mission i am currently playing: It is mostly flat desert, with a few stones. I killed a few patrols, (even one with a sniper), but somehow it was not the right one. Now i am racing the desert with an atv, asking civilians about enemies, and clearing them then. Could it be that the designated target can leave the mission area? I would love if this mission is more about shots fired out of nowhere, running from cover to cover, and finding a sniper (perhaps in a ghili). But perhaps my mission just bugged.

All in all i am very pleased with this kind of mission which fits perfectly for my playstyle of ArmA (1-5 Players in Coop against KI). I am fully satisfied until now, and will definitly play many hours in it's current state. If i could wish for some improvements i would want a KI who would fortify itself a little more (a sharpshooter hidden inside a window who can crash a whole operation just gives the thrill), a few more dangers to tanks (until now i could just drive in there without any supports and crash everything if i wanted), and perhaps an option for the arsenal, so i don't have to bring in my modded weaponry by myself. Oh, and maybe a kind of permanent respawn-option. I have not worked with the tents until now, but i read that it will despawn if all players die. And if i play alone or with 2, this can happen really fast. Perhaps a permanent respawn could be so expensive that you only can use it once per mission and can not be placed directly inside the mission area, but it would be far more convenient to have some kind of Field Operation Base.

Thanks for your work! Hope I don't criticized too much, I really like the missions.

Greetings,

Boreas

• Like 1

@vengeance1

Sorry I don't understand, what do you want to change language for exactly ?

@scimitar

I'm not using PWS anymore because there were too much mods that were out of date. I highly recommend to switch on Steam, the workshop is now very dynamic and all mods have been uploaded there (even R3F since a few days ago).

@Boreas

Thank you for your feedback. Don't worry I always appreciate critics when they are argued like you did. I will think about your suggestions and see how I could integrate them (even if I can already say I won't add the virtual arsenal because I want to force users to manage their weapons and ammo).

Anyway, I just upload a new small update on Steam (1.102). Here is the changelog:

• Added: UAV terminal is now available into the support box at the armory
  • Added: FAQ in the diary to help to understand main features
  • Added: function to reset AI team mate position via 0-6-x radio command (usefull if he's blocked into a building - thanks to guitou for the suggestion)
  • Added: new weapons from last 3.5 update of R3F Weapons: HK USP, HK416 11'', SIG-551 and LGI
  • Like 1

@Gemini

I don't mind using Steam for missions but I'll pass on using it for mods. I simply hate the way that it names folders (friggin numbers instead of names!) so that any particular mod folder is hard to locate if you have a lot of them. Sometimes mods have optional pbo files and other things that can be edited and I hate wading through all those numbered folders looking for the mod I want. So far PWS has updated the R3F mods (which, as you noted, weren't on Steam) but JackFrench still hasn't been updated. I did take a look at the Taunus version this morning and I have to go through my personal mod set and find out if something I'm using is causing enemy soldiers to still look alive (no death anims) after they've been killed. I'll report back after I've had a chance to look into it. BTW, do you recommend any particular load order for the required mods?

• Like 1

Gemini, I hope you won't mind if this comment is just a bit OT but it might be helpful for any OPEX player that uses PWS. I just want to suggest that any PWS user that notices any mods that are outdated, that you please submit an update request in the thread linked below from the PWS forums. That's what I've been doing and Sonsalt is very quick about updating the mods.

https://community.withsix.com/topic/2/arma-mod-requests/301

• Like 1

Perhaps you can build in a button to dismiss a mission? Or you have the button already and i have not found it until now? Because the sniper is definitly gone, and the mission does not end.

And i tried the tent yesterday, but i feel that it bugged, too. I just went 200 meter inside a forest, came back, and my tent was gone. Or the terrorist are the most sneaky thiefes i encountered so far - that would also explain why i cant find the sniper ^^

An FAQ seems like a good idea, because i have no idea what the green and grey points are for, and why some of the civilists are just answering "???" while others speak with me. I just guessed they can't understand french.

Greetings,

Boreas

• Like 1

@scimitar

No I didn't notice any particular order to load the mods, I don't know if it has any impact.

@Boreas

- You can cancel the current task at the same place you started it, on the whiteboard into the Tactical Operation Center.

- The tent isn't bugged, it's because I scripted it to be deleted if no friendlies are detected nearby. It simulates the fact that an enemy could find it and capture it otherwise I think it would be to easy to deploy respawn points. To  avoid it to disapear, you should consider to leave at least one man behind to watch it. But maybe the distance is currently to low (100 meters), I will extend it to 500 meters in the next update.

- What green and grey spoints are you talking about ? You shouldn't be able to see that, it's only for debug purpose and it should have been deactivated in public release. What map did you try ? Could you also confirm the version of OPEX you are using (it should be appear at startup and also via the SITREP action into the Tactical Operation Center).

- You're right, some civlians are answering "???" to simulates the fact that they don't speak same language as your soldier (I added this into the FAQ on last update).

• Like 1

@Gemini

Mostly grey, some greed dots, scattered on the map arround the Operation Area. My first thought were that i could find Intel there, but mostly it is just an empty house or something like that. Sometimes the green Points have an ammo-cache, but that's it. Maybe I see them because my game is heavily modded, with some additions for the gamemaster. Perhaps some mod takes itself way to seriously and tries to give me the debug-informations of your mission. ;-)

Ok, then i just missed the "cancel task" button somehow. Sorry for that complaint then.

And the tent seems impractical for me - i trade a lot of inventoryspace and weight just to be bound to this perticular point. Which I even may lose in case of 2 deaths at the same time. I see your concept for the respawn in the mission, but i think you need more players to make it work than i have in my usual Arma-Rounds. For 1 - 3 i have to find another solution for me. My basic approach was to make me Zeus, to allow me to set the spawn at the first drop-zone (first heli-touchdown). I know this will not work for your mission design, but as long as i can modify this for me, it should work. The only problem i have until now is only to make me stay Zeus, because i lose the rights to that after my first death. I have not quite figured out if this is due my lack of experience with mission design, or if your mission has some other kind of spawn system than my own zeus-missions.

Greetings,

Boreas

Edited by Boreas
Forgot halve of a sentence

Thanks again for this feedback. I will check again if I forgot to set debug mod to off somewhere but you're right, maybe it's another mod that is using same debug variable as me. I will change it into the next update to be sure.

About the tent you're right too, I will think about how to to improve this function.

@vengeance1

Sorry I don't understand, what do you want to change language for exactly ?

The AI are speaking in French, I have no idea what they are saying.  How do I get them to speak in English?

Bonjour @Gemini

J'ai un soucis en lançant ta mission depuis mon serveur dédier 

17:47:50 Mission Opex.fata read from bank.
17:47:51 Roles assigned.
17:47:51 Reading mission ...
17:47:51 mpmissions\__cur_mp.fata\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item1/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item2.type: Vehicle class Land_Carpet_EP1 no longer exists 

J'ai ce message lorsque que je lance la mission depuis le serveur :/

Merci :)

Salut @Archybalde

Je pense qu'il manque un addon CUP Terrains sur ton serveur (le "Core" ou le "Maps").

@vengeance1

OK I understand, it's because I setup French voices - as OPEX introcudes French Army :)

16 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Salut Archybalde,

Je pense qu'il manque un addon CUP Terrains sur ton serveur (le "Core" ou le "Maps").

visiblement non, tout les mods requis sont bien activé :/

En solo ou lancer depuis mon ordinateur en multi tout marche bien pourtant :/

2 hours ago, Archybalde said:

visiblement non, tout les mods requis sont bien activé :/

En solo ou lancer depuis mon ordinateur en multi tout marche bien pourtant :/

ciao, Congratulations for the great work done, very much fun. but I have the same problem when I launch opex with atlis or taunus maps but it's all ok when I launch with f.a.t.a  maps. because ?

@Archybalde

Sur quelle(s) carte(s) est-ce que tu as essayé (FATA seulement) ? Est-ce que tu as téléchargé et installé les mods via Steam ou manuellement ? Si c'est via Steam, est-ce que tous les mods de cette liste sont cochés chez toi ?

@Danilik

Thank you dude. If I understand, OPEX is working for you on FATA but not Altis and Taunus ? Did you download and install mods via Steam or manually ? If it's via Steam, are all mods from this list ticked for you ?

Non c'est pareil mais avec une autre erreur :/

22:35:45 Mission OPEX.altis read from directory.
22:35:49 Roles assigned.
22:35:49 Reading mission ...
22:35:49 mpmissions\OPEX.altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item2/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item6/Entities/Item30.type: Vehicle class JF_MRAP_01_F no longer exists

Je ne sais pas trop quoi faire

1 giorno fa, Gemelli, ha detto:

@Archybalde

Sur Quelle (s) carte (s) est-ce que tu vieni essayé (seulement FATA)? Est-ce que tu as Télécharge et les installé mods via Steam ou manuellement? C'est Si tramite Steam, est-ce que tous les mods de cette Lista  sont Coches chez toi?

@Danilik

Grazie amico. Se ho ben capito, OPEX sta lavorando per Voi su FATA ma non Altis e Taunus? Hai Scaricare e installare mod tramite Steam o manualmente? Se Si Tratta di via Steam, Sono Tutti i mods da questa lista  spuntata per te?

yes and yes. downloaded from steam

@Archybalde

Dans cet exemple c'est le mod JackFrench qui n'est pas trouvé par le jeu. A mon avis tu n'as pas activé les mods dans le lanceur du jeu.

@Danilik

If all mods have been subscribed then it's the same problem as Archybalde: I think you didn't activate mods in the game launcher.

@Gemini

I still haven't had a chance to play again and see what the deal is with the death animations but I noticed something unusual from checking the mod links posted in this thread. I took a look at the mod collection that you linked to on Steam and the R3F units mod there is listed as v3.5 but the version available on the R3F website (linked in your first post) is listed as v3.6. I don't know if that is a typo or a version number snafu or if Steam actually has the previous version installed but it's worth looking into. BTW, the JackFrench mod (as well as the R3F mods) is now updated to the most current version on PWS.

For your convenience, here are the links to the Steam R3F Units pack and the link to the version on the R3F website:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911205683

http://forum.team-r3f.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=85

7 hours ago, Gemini said:

@Archybalde

Dans cet exemple c'est le mod JackFrench qui n'est pas trouvé par le jeu. A mon avis tu n'as pas activé les mods dans le lanceur du jeu.

@Danilik

If all mods have been subscribed then it's the same problem as Archybalde: I think you didn't activate mods in the game launcher.

I've ticked all the mods except for Isla Duala and Kunduz but I do not think this is the problem

19 hours ago, Gemini said:

Salut @Archybalde

@vengeance1

OK I understand, it's because I setup French voices - as OPEX introcudes French Army :)

Gemini,

Thanks for the response, I have edited out the French Language from the mission (for my own private server) but I was hoping you would produce a English OPTION or Version so I wouldn't have to edit it every time its updated.  Please consider an English version.

Thanks

@scimitar

Yeah, I noticed R3F units on Steam are not the 3.6 one but it seems to be the good one though. Unfortunately it's because it hasn't been uploaded by the R3F team itself. I will ask the uploader if he can check and update the mod or the description if necessary.

@Danilik

Ok I will test it as soon as possible without these maps on my computer to see if it works or not.

@vengeance1

Unfortunately it seems to be difficult because it refers to description.ext file that is loaded before the mission really starts, But I will investigate and see if I find a way to select the option.

• Like 1

@Gemeni

You might want to hold off on that update change request until a bit more research is done. I still need to test things further on my end but if you used R3F Units v3.5 when creating the missions, that could possibly account for why I've experienced animation issues when playing while using v3.6. In SP, I use a consistent mod set (about 15 mods) that enhance SP gameplay in one way or another and I've never experienced the issue with death animations before. I will try to find some time later this evening to test it but it may be Sun or Mon before I actually get the chance and then report back. I'm going to try it with both versions of the R3F mod and if that doesn't sort it out, then I will remove my personal mod set and see if that fixes the problem. However, if anyone else is using R3F Units v3.6 and is (or isn't) experiencing the animations issue, then please chime in.

***EDIT*** I had a bit of time to spare so I figured that there's no time like the present to investigate the animations error I experience previously. Fortunately, I can confirm that it seems to be a one time error. I couldn't reproduce the error with either version of R3F Units or with my personal mod set loaded. Something probably didn't load properly (it happens) when I played previously. Thanks again for the missions.

OK thank you for this information. I think that ArmA III animations are not very stable, I also experience some random troubles with some of them when playing MP.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2017 at 1:07 AM, Gemini said:

@Archybalde

Portant tout les mods sont activé. Dans les bonne version télécharger depuis le workshop puis importé sur le serveur. le problème n'est présent que lorsque que je lance depuis mon serveur dédié.:e:

EDIT

18:49:57 Mission Opex.fata read from bank.
18:49:58 Roles assigned.
18:49:58 Reading mission ...
18:49:58 No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/fata.worldName'.

Encore une autre :/

So, i edited a little on your mission, to get me some kind of mobile spawn vehicle. This would force me to drive this in and out of the operation-zone as a FOB, and i have to watch for it not getting destroyed, since i only have a fixed amount of them per mission.

But since i have little to no experience with scripting, i have a few little questions you maybe can help me with:

In a empty editor my script consists of 3 parts:

1) the init.sqm which executes my script

2) the respawn,sqm which ties my respawn to the vehicle

3) the description.ext which defines the respawnparameter

the "init.sqm" and "description.ext" exist in your scripting,too, so i just implemented my 2 lines of code into yours, hoping it would work, but it broke everthing, and after my editing no script is executed anymore - so i have to finde the correct way to implement my code.

When i will have done that, i just need to find out where in your scripts the despawn of the vehicles is set, so i can somehow disable it (at all, or just for the respawn-vehicle, i will see). And i want to give the player the option to buy the respawn-vehicle if his got destroyed for 3000 points in the store, but for that i need to find out how to name the cars bought at the store.

Can you give me some hints what i should seek for for the despawn and shop options? And what i have to look for to properly implement my script into yours?

Btw, i like your clean way of documentation in your scripts, this makes it a lot more easy to understand what you are doing for a person like me, who did not script at all until today :D

Greetings,

Boreas

/Edit: Got your skripts working again, by setting my init-addition on the end, and deleting the spawn delay. but my spawn points are not working.

P.S.: Here are my Scripts:

init.sqf

execVM "respawnmobile1.sqf"
execVM "respawnmobile2.sqf"

respawnmobile1.sqf

while {true} do { //sets the marker with the respawn every 10 seconds to the position of the vehicle named car1
"respawn_guerrila_1" setmarkerpos getpos car1;
sleep 10;
};

respawnmobile2.sqf

while {true} do { //sets the marker with the respawn every 10 seconds to the position of the vehicle named car2
"respawn_guerrila_2" setmarkerpos getpos car2;
sleep 10;
};

description.ext

respawn = base;
respawndelay = 10;