Hi all, Thank you for your messages. I'm very sorry about the late reply but I have absolutely no free time currently.

@Sumsun93

Merci pour ton retour, je regarde ça dès que possible.

@j3aleine

My initial goal was to create a different ArmA experience, which means differents units and maps of the vanilla ones, but I will try to make a lite version as soon as possible.

Again, I'm sorry about the delay in this project, I will try to satisfy all requests as soon as possible.

• Like 3

This shouldn't be a problem, I will implement it into the next update. The mission should automatically detect which radio mod is installed on the server (TFR or ACRE or nothing if played in SP).

• Like 1

This looks very good, however my French is very very rusty (bonjour, ca va  is about it !) is there a possibility of ingame translation to english?

• Like 1

By default, the whole mission is already translated in English, French texts only appears if you have selected French language into the game settings. :f:

• Like 1

Hey so I've been thinking a lot about this mission. I know you hit a snag when Iraqi Syrian Conflict updated.

I have an idea.

Ok, so Project OPFOR just put out this really incredible test release (page 10 in their thread). Now, you can't commit to it. It's a test release designed for the community to stress to isolate any errors before release. So some things will change between now and then. But that said, it's really really great. It has so many amazing factions which are just going to get better and better. The ISIS and Taliban for instance, (I prefer the Taliban listed under OPFOR, LOP_AM_OPF) are really amazing and he's going to make them even more amazing for release as well.

This mod has a breath-taking amount of amazing factions, and not only could it help you consolidate your required mods (which it would by A LOT I think), but Keeway is really committed to getting this project perfect. He's still very active and is committed to fixing all bugs.

• Like 1

Hi, sorry again for this long period without any news I'm currently very busy at the office.

Thank you for the news about Project OPFOR, I'm watching this mod since a few time but it's still not perfectly fitting to what I'm needing for OPEX. I absolutely need factions with defined Armored, Mechanized, Motorized and Infantry groups (to allows OPEX to dinamically spawn teams during the mission). On last Project OPFOR update it seems ok for the Islamic State but not yet for some other factions like Boko Haram or Talibans. Also, I'm not totally satisfied about clothes provided by Project OPFOR (at the opposite of ISC mod for example) but I suppose it should does the job. Finally, project OPFOR doesn't provide any African or Middle-eastern civilians, so for the moment OPEX still requires a mod like CAF Aggressors.

I just leaved a message into Project OPFOR thread to ask if it's planned to add missing groups to other factions and maybe a few civilians. If the answer is positive it should be possible to switch to this mod.

Stay tuned !

• Like 1

I just replied to you over on the Project OPFOR thread.

I'm fairly certain Keeway will provide any assets to any of the factions as long as you can show evidence they are used IRL. I've never seen Taliban use mechanized or Armored units in any of the documentaries I've seen (same goes with Boko Haram but I've seen much less video of them), but if you can provide documentation he most certainly will attempt to add what you need. It just needs to be based on something real and something that's used.

I have to wonder if you have the correct download. The new test version of his mod (on page 10 only! Not the first post) has over 15 middle eastern civilian models alone and also has African civilians (the last I checked. Don't quote me on the Africans).

All in all I understand the dilemma you face. You need groups defined. My point being if Iraqi Syrian Conflict's errors killed your mission Project OPFOR is at least an option and actively being worked on (and really quite good! With the new update I like it better than ISC! Keeway and Leight have done a good job!).

• Like 1

OK my fault, you are right for African and Middle-Eastern civilians: so this part is ok. Let's wait the answer of Keeway on the Project OPFOR thread then. :f:

Edit:

For information, here are the dependencies I have already removed for the next version of OPEX:

• Massi's vehicles & weapons
  • Scorch's inventory items
  • ASDG Joint Rails for R3F weapons
  • Task Force Radio mod (this one will be optionnal)
Then, if Keeway could answer positively to my request, Project OPFOR could also replace:
  • CAF Aggressors
  • Iraq Syrian Conflict

That should reduce a lot the initial dependencies of OPEX !

• Like 2

Yep! Sure would!

I saw your photos and honestly don't think it would be asking too much to get some of the ANA assets in for the Taliban and African Army assets in for Boko Haram. I mean I think everything you're asking for is already in the mod (I think! I haven't checked ANA and African Army lately)! So ultimately he'd just need to be puseuded to just put in the man hours adding them to their respective groups. I certainly support that.

Bare in mind, this test release is strictly for testing as I'm fairly certain missions made with it now would break when they push out the official update. I'm pretty anxious for it myself because I'm a little unsatisified with my current go-to Taliban (Eric J with some edits), and the error for ISC is a total no-go for me for my ISIS missions. Those kinds of errors kill missions so Project OPFOR is my real hope right now. :)

Also, if you do mess with their test release and see any errors, please report them and provide the rpt file.

• Like 1

This looks extremely interesting, could you list your NEW Goal of Required AddOns?  Before I download them all I will wait till next release. 

Thanks,

Vengeance

Yes, as some bugs have been reported, I highly recommend to wait for the next update. Also, I'm trying to reduce addons dependencies as much as possible but it requires many modifications in several functions and it will require some tests. I will update the new list as soon as possible but it should be half of the initial one.

• Like 1

I think that's kind of what he's waiting on deciding. The last Gemini posted the mission wasn't working due to an error with the updated ISC mod.

So Gemini, Keeway made it pretty clear today that adding these vehicles to the Taliban probably won't happen seeing as he's of the opinion they don't use them often enough to justify the work (though he did sound as if he may add them to Boko Haram? Hard to tell). Would it be possible in your mission to just ensure any tasks that need mechanized and armored groups just get given to ISIS or is it really a deal breaker for Taliban being infantry and motorized only?

If you feel like getting creative and absolutely can't use either mod (ISC or Project OPFOR) as they stand, ALiVE has a tool that allows you to make your own faction mod. And the best part is after it's done, it doesn't require ALiVE to use the created faction. You can easily take Keeway's Taliban group (once it's done) and add your own mechanized and armored groups with very very little work. This would require you to add a new custom mod to the mission to use your faction but adding one custom mod versus adding what, 6 mods back in, may not be a bad solution. I mean I could even make the faction for you with ALiVE's tool if you want (it's called ORBAT and I've made factions with it before).

• Like 1

After a few tests, I've noticed a few bugs with groups configuration of Project OPFOR. I have reported them in the dedicated thread, so now I have to wait for an update from their side to go further.

• Like 1

Yeah I saw that. Good finds.

Remember, this Project OPFOR release is for testing purposes only. It's very possible the official release could break existing missions made with the test version. Keeway is warning people not to make missions with it.

Man. The wait for their update has been brutal for me too. I have 6 missions (4 released) which rely on Project OPFOR and I can't do anything until he finishes things up.

Thanks for the progress report.

• Like 1

Salut, la nouvelle version est injouable... Les ennemis et civiles ne spawn pas... :/

Hey there ! Here comes the 1.01 update for OPEX.

Changelog:

• Fixed: interactions with civilians should now work properly in MP
  • Added: function that detects if every required addons are installed (only usefull for mission editors)
  • Added: function that detects if every required objects have been placed into the editor (only usefull for mission editors)
  • Added: Project OPFOR is now required to replace many of the addons below
  • Removed: dependency to Massi's vehicles
  • Removed: dependency to Massi's weapons
  • Removed: dependency to Accuracy's Iraq Syrian Conflict mod
  • Removed: dependency to CAF Aggressors
  • Removed: dependency to CUP units
  • Removed: dependency to CUP vehicles
  • Removed: dependency to CUP weapons
  • Removed: dependency to Scorch's inventory items
  • Removed: dependency to ASDG Joint Rails for R3F weapons
  • Removed: task "06: Defend truck" - this one may not work properly on some maps with islands, it will be updated later
  • Updated: Task Force Radio mod is now optional
  • Updated: ACRE mod is now optional
  • Updated: civilian cars should now don't spawn on walls and so shouldn't explose (TPW's parking script)
  • Updated: now player has just to double-click on items into his inventory to use them (primary needs function)
  • Updated: the mission should now be more easy to customize (check custom___addons and custom___general_parameters folders)
  • Updated: many other things

As you can see, I really tried to reduce the addon dependency as much as possible. After that, it will depend on addons, mods and official updates (what about a French Army DLC, Bohemia ? :smile_o::smile_o::smile_o:) that may be release.

Here is the download link for this new version: here (the first post has been updated too).

I hope this time everything will work properly, and I hope you will enjoy !

On 12/12/2016 at 8:13 PM, Sumsun93 said:

Salut, la nouvelle version est injouable... Les ennemis et civiles ne spawn pas... :/

Salut Sumsum93.

(Ce forum impose de dialoguer en Anglais pour que tout le monde puisse comprendre, je vais donc te répondre dans ce sens. Si tu ne maîtrises vraiment pas la langue, envoie moi un message privé).

Are you sure it doesn't work ? Ennemies and civilians are programmed to spawn totally randomly (place and time) around player(s). This means that it may take some time before encountering anyone. The idea of OPEX is to bring a realistic experience: sometimes you may encounter many ennemies or sometimes you may encounter nobody... That's preciselly one of the main feature of OPEX: to bring some unpredictible situations.

Also, could you confirm you are using the Release Candidate (RC) version of Project OPFOR ?

Hey congrats! Hopefully it won't cause you a headache down the road though because Keeway was pretty clear about not using that version of his mod to make any mission with. I'm going to assume that might mean some changes to classnames. Of course you might be fine as well depending on what he adds/changes.

Anyway, I think you made the right call switching over! The mod lost looks much much better! Congratulations again and now I think it's time to try it! 

• Like 1

Oh! If I intended on playing alone, is it safe to launch in SP and then save and load my progress? Or should I always launch it in MP and never expect to save my mission?

• Like 1

Ok! Cool mission, dude! I really like what I see so far. The base and points system is really neat. And to answer to the above, I see saving is allowed in SP! Nice! Hopefully it's ok with ACE!

So I tried the mission to clear the village. Though I have to wonder if I broke it somehow. I recruited 6 infantry AI and an AI pilot to fly me because I suck at flying in Arma.

About 800 meters from the objective, I had my pilot land. The 6 of us dismounted and I forced my pilot to stay in the chopper so he could come pick us up after clearing the area. And note, the chopper was outside of the mission area.

After a few minutes, I noticed the chopper and pilot were taking fire. On my map I saw several red dots near the chopper. After a few more moments my pilot was dead but after a bit the red enemy dots in the map disappeared.

Anyway, I decided to carry on with clearing the villages anyway. The mission area included 3 small villages. We took some fire early on, but after going through the houses, and not seeing any more enemies, I couldn't figure out how to finish the task.

Any advice? I don't see any more enemies. Am I understanding right that the mission will succeed once all enemies within the mission area are dead? 

Also, I was wondering, could you disable ACE fatigue? It's not your fault, but ACE fatigue makes the game pretty unplayable for me. My unit opted to ditch it a long time ago because you can't even run 50 meters without having to take a rest.

Anyway, this is really well put together. The little details you included here are amazing (the points system, radio in cars, having to eat/sleep/drink, etc).

I look forward to playing this mission a lot. I'll be back with more within the next day or so. I'm really impressed so far. 

• Like 1

I gave this a try while the forums were offline and I have to say that it was very impressive. The number of mods needed didn't bother me at all because I already had most of them installed but the inclusion of ACE3 as a mandatory mod was a bit frustrating. For SP play, I use a custom install of ACE3 with some of the  pbo modules removed because they aren't all that useful in SP or because they don't appeal to me. However the mission requires that all ACE3 modules be installed for it to start. I haven't tried the new version yet and I don't know that I will unless I can figure out how to disable or dumb down some of the ACE3 features such as medical and fatigue. I did notice that with the prior version that ACEX (an optional part of ACE3) was also required though it's not mentioned in the requirements list. Without it I get a error saying that ace_sitting is missing and the mod won't load. Would it be possible to get a version of the mission that is compatible with ACE3 but not mandatory? 

• Like 1

I didn't load ACEX with the updated version and it plays fine without errors. Though I agree about fatigue from ACE (I loath it!) and removing any other ACE features that aren't SP friendly. 

• Like 1