Hi guys, 

I have recently discovered arma 3, and wow what a game !! After scrolling through many missions etc i came across opex !!!!! Love it, im hooked, especially tanoa, congrats on the great work, 

i have an issue hopefully you guys may be able to help me with, 

my save games, i dont have the time to play long sittings, so must save regularly, but more often than not my resume button goes missing making me have to start all over which is annoying, 

can you guys offer me advise here please, would be much appreciated, im learning, and would love to eventually to  play opex online with fellow gamers at somepoint also

• Thanks 1

Hi Gemini,

On Opex 2.0, SP, Altis, when I have done a switch of unit, I don't have the ability to buy new unit/equipement/vehicule in the delivery area. Their is no menu anymore. Including if I come back to my initial leader

• Thanks 1

@ricoarma

Thanks for this feedback.

Building detection is not perfect I know, I will try to improve the commande as soon as possible.

About side random missions: I have that in mind yes, but I'm afraid I won't have time to work on it before my deadline. Maybe someday but don't expect it soon.

@terrydraper

Thanks for your positive message but I'm not sure to understand but OPEX is mainly built for long term sessions that's why I recommand to save progression with the custom action I've added in.

@Guillaume Massé

You are right, thanks for the feedback. That will be fixed with the next update.

Edit : the beta has been updated and is now compatible with Kunduz (Afghanistan). Don't forget to download and install the latest files !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Gemini,

On the last update, I encounter 2 issues:

SP Stratis, R3F with Ace

- Some AI having silencer do not keep it installed when I order them, They install and it's removed 3s later (but not all have this issue)

- When AI crashed by a truck, they are healed by medecin, but never go back to movement. They stay prone without moving. The only hint I found to have them living is to drag them (after have draging them, they go up and continue their move)

Thanks,

• Thanks 1

Your Welcome
Tanks again for the answer.

21 hours ago, Gemini said:

@ricoarma

Thanks for this feedback.

Building detection is not perfect I know, I will try to improve the commande as soon as possible.

Maybe you can use for  THIS or ask the devolpper to includ on your mod.

21 hours ago, Gemini said:

@ricoarma

About side random missions: I have that in mind yes, but I'm afraid I won't have time to work on it before my deadline. Maybe someday but don't expect it soon.

Oh no!! You don't!! 😭😭😭😭

4 hours ago, Guillaume Massé said:

- Some AI having silencer do not keep it installed when I order them, They install and it's removed 3s later (but not all have this issue)

The reason that unit only put silencer if BEHAVIOR is equal to STEALTH. Or perhaps it's an error in the code..

@Gemini
Do you put a command init line for the AI player? I mean, now they walk and drive very slowly...

Edited by ricoarma
  • Thanks 1

@Guillaume Massé

- AI automatically adds a silencer to its weapon when it's in stealth mode, and so it automatically removes it when its in any other mode (careless, safe, aware, combat).

- I'm not able to reproduce the issue you've reported about injured AI inside vehicle. Is this happen every time ? If so, how do you do this ?

@ricoarma

- Thanks for the suggestion but the idea is not to create more mod dependancy. And making it optional would require much more development, I don't have time for it now.

- I didn't make any modification about AI speed since last update but I will optimize it on the next one.

• Thanks 1

Hi everybody !

First, thank you very much to all OPEX beta-testers, testers and players ! Thanks to all your positive feedbacks, comments and suggestions, OPEX is currently cumulating more than 35 000 subscribers on the Steam Workshop I'm extremly  proud about this number !

After many hours more of a very hard work and very short nights, and especially in this completely crazy time, I'm pleased to announce that OPEX version 2.0 is now available for everyone !

You can download it now from:

• Steam Workshop (highly recommended because it requires only 1 click - then everything is automatic)
  • My website (not recommended because it requires manual installation and updates)
  • Armaholic (not recommended because it requires manual installation and updates)

The official mod collection is also ready on Steam Workshop. Depending on your motivation, your storage capacity and your download speed, you can:

• Download nothing - as OPEX is now 100% vanilla compatible (except for custom maps, obviously) !
  • Download a part of the list (your favourite mods)
  • Download the full list

The more you'll enable mods from this list, the more you'll have possibilites to setup the mission at first start. OPEX will detect every enabled mod and will set the mission (army names, weapons, uniforms, vehicles, flags etc...) according to your choices.

Please note that OPEX is also compatible with ACE3, Winter 2035 but NOT with Zeus, as this feature is at the opposite of the concept of OPEX.

It's probably not perfect nor totally bug free but I hope this will help you to forget the current situation during a few time, especially if you are confined at home.

Greetings from France, mates ! Take care !

PS: if you are enjoying this new version, don't forget to rate OPEX missions on the Steam Workshop !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This is not scheduled because I only have a few weeks left of free time. But considering the current situation, as I'm confined at home, maybe I will try to prepare few more maps before the deadline.

(version française / french version: ici)

Sorry I have to reply in English because this is the only accepted language in this forum.

There are too many things that have been removed, updated or added since previous OPEX version, so there is no changelog for this time: the list would have been too long.

Just test it by yourself 😀

Thanks for your great mission Gemini. Gonna have fun in Isla Duala.

• Thanks 1

Hello mod team,  will you be adding other faction mods to the OPEX mod collection? If so, is their a list of mods already planned to be included?

If not, would you care for a list of suggestions?  Amazing mission by the way. 

@down8

Thanks for the feedback !

@shi4stone

As far as I know, mainly French people were playing OPEX before v2 because it was focusing on French Army. Now with v2 I can see that many other people around the world are trying the mission so maybe there will be some videos in English soon.

@hazzami

Well, at this time (as we are not a team, I'm developing OPEX alone...) I'm focusing on fixing bugs and issues. If I have enough time I will try to add some other factions. Which one do you have in mind ?

Thanks for these suggestions.

As I said I'm trying to fix the current reported issues first. But if you want to make it happen faster, and if you are familiar enough with ArmA, I can send you a template file in which you just need to copy and paste the proper classnames. Then I could include it into the next update. Would you be interested ?

19 hours ago, Gemini said:

Thanks for these suggestions.

As I said I'm trying to fix the current reported issues first. But if you want to make it happen faster, and if you are familiar enough with ArmA, I can send you a template file in which you just need to copy and paste the proper classnames. Then I could include it into the next update. Would you be interested ?

I've spent some time with those Swedish and Finnish armed forces mods and they are actually fairly nice.

Gemini, would you consider posting the template for all interested parties to take a look at and possibly do their own edits? I don't know if I could do it personally but I wouldn't mind taking a look at it to see if I could. Plus, the more factions that get ported, the more there is for the community to choose from and the more people that get exposed to your great mission module. I for one would love to see a Cold War Global Mobilization port even if It might not be totally realistic for the time period. 🙂

2 hours ago, Marechal Lasalle said:

How we can capture ennemy (no civilian), in mission ?

You can't capture enemy with ArmA (or maybe with some extra mods like ACE ?).

59 minutes ago, scimitar said:

Gemini, would you consider posting the template for all interested parties to take a look at and possibly do their own edits?

You can download a template here. Just keep in mind that there are several other modifications to make in a few other files to properly make it work in OPEX so if anybody wants to add a new faction, just fill this template and send it to me so I could include it.

• Like 1

@Gemini Thanks for that. I'll try to take a look at it soon when I get a bit of time. 🙂

OPEX has been updated to version 2.02.

Changelog:

• New: server administrator can now open Zeus (not recommended at all because it can break several scripts... so use it at your own risk !)
  • Fixed: custody suite is now working properly
  • Fixed: in MP, player is no longer consider as an enemy in after destroying the armored vehicle (task "Bring back or destroy the tank") or destroying the UAV (task "Retrieve data from the drone")
  • Fixed: a few various minor things
  • Updated: the maximum amount of civilians has been increased in MP
  • Updated: the amount of potential enemies present for the task "Attack the training camp" has been increased
  • Removed: CH47 VIV chopper from CUP mod has been removed from the list of possible air transports because it has no empty space for passengers
  • Like 2

hi Gemini, 

would it be possible to add some objects of ace like:

- body bags
- splints
- transportable barbed wire
- illuminating wire mines

if its not possible can you tell in wich file add the classname

Thanks for your work ! 

Hello, yes no problem these items will be included to the next update (in the meantime if you want to do it by yourself, the concerned file is "settings\gameplay\ace.sqf").

Edit : except for the concertina wire coil because it's not a transportable object, I don't know how to dynamically allow access to that yet.

ah superbe !

Yes, i just saw for concertina wire, finally i have pose concertina wire and spare wheels in the area ammunation for vehicule,  they can be loaded into a vehicle manually 😉

thank you very much for your time devoted to OPEX and your quickness to respond

• Like 1

Great work !! A question, how to adjust the advanced medical ACE on opex? Thank you

• Thanks 1