@Korda

OPEX (V2, no V1), automatically detects medical ACE and your settings, you can change in addons options.

(Sorry for my English...)

Edit :
@Gemini pour les bobines barbelés on peut les mettre dans l'atelier avec :

this addBackpackCargoGlobal ["ACE_ConcertinaWireCoil", 2];

Les bobines de barbelés apparaissent bien, elles sont dans l'inventaire de l'atelier, le soucis c'est quand je retire la bobine de barbelé pour la mettre au sol elle est bien au sol mais n'apparait pas ou alors apparait mais complètement bugué, ça n'autorise pas d'interaction ACE, juste l'interaction inventaire et comme elle ne sont que transportable via ACE ça bug...

Je ne trouve pas la commande pour les mettre directement dans la "cargaison" de l'atelier et non l'inventaire, je pense que ça marcherais si elles étaient dans la cargaison. Si jamais ça peut aider...

----------------------------

for the barbed coils on can put them in the workshop with:

this addBackpackCargoGlobal ["ACE_ConcertinaWireCoil", 2];

The barbed wire coils appear well, they are in the workshop inventory, the concern is that when I remove the barbed wire coil to put it on the ground it is well on the ground but does not appear. I can not find the order to put them directly in the "cargo" of the workshop and not the inventory, I think it worked if they were in the cargo.

• Thanks 1

This looks completely fantastic and I would like to get my group playing it. 

They (we) are pretty much wedded to the Virtual Arsenal due to limited playing times and being a small group needing a lot of cross-class stuff.  I don't exactly recall the option at the mission start but it was not REALISTIC and should have allowed the arsenal and vehicle spawns.  I prowled over the map (Livonia) and soaked in the great details but I never found either the arsenal or the vehicle spawn.  Where should they appear?  What should I be doing to get them to show up (in Livonia)?  If I can get them to show up in one map then I'm sure I'll be able to find them in the others.

Also, we're running ACE3, the CUP mods you mention, TF Radio, and the RHS mods.  The ones we're not using seem to be mostly factions and a few maps.  Is Gemini- Items for OPEX essential?

Again, this looks fantastic and the details are simply delightful to look at.

• Thanks 1

If you have set the "gear management" option to "unlimited" at mission startup then:

• virtual arsenal is available from every crate inside the armory
  • virtual garage is available in the delivery area

Gemini items mod is required to enable the "primary needs" feature. So it's up to you to use it or not.

Anyway, thank you very much for the encouragements.

Gemini,

Thanks, for some reason I never considered using the interaction button while addressing a crate. 

When we use the interaction button and select Arsenal, none of our normal loadouts are available through the arsenal (ie, the loadout selection is blank, not greyed out).  Do we need to recreate them all or is there some way to access previous loadouts from the Virtual Arsenal? 

So I have some additional questions.  I hosted an OPEX Lythium map on my local PC.  We played for several hours today and had a good time.  Upon returning from our third task the .. I don't know the right term .. interaction wheels(?) (where you hold down space and the circle completes, such as at the Mission board) was unresponsive.  Very soon afterwards, as we were trying to determine if all the interactions were messed up or only certain ones, the game crashed with a 0x0000DEAD error.  I restarted the game and resumed the map, upon which most all the armory boxes and base vehicles were missing.  Also, when I open the map, I am missing the non-stock menu options (I only see Map, Briefing, Team, Players, Log).  I tried a few times to resume the mission but the boxes never returned.  When I try to restart the mission (from the Create Game screen), the game hangs for several minutes and the map does not actually start (I remain on the Create Game screen).  I tried OPEX Livonia, a map I'd explored last night, and it restarted just fine with all base assets apparently intact.

My questions:

1. I save the mission and player progression using the settings computer in the TOC. Is it then okay to shut down the server with Esc, Save & Exit?  I don't know of another way to shut down the server.

2. Subsequent gaming sessions should be accessed by selecting Resume rather than Restart?  I don't see a Load Mission and Player progression from the laptop so I assume Resume is the correct choice.

3. Is the Lythium mission and player progression file corrupted or is there some way I could salvage it?  Do I have to delete OPEX Lythium from my computer and reload it from Steam or is there some other way to get the map to restart?  My group liked this map and I'm hoping we can salvage our 50 intel points!

4. The map FAQ mentions a respawn tent in the Uniform box in the armory.  Ten portable tents exist in the Livonia box but none were present in the Lythium box.  Not sure if that was an early indication of an issue with my install or not.

5.  Do enemy spawns scale with the number of players present in the mission during the execution of the task?

Thank you for reading through this.  I hope it made sense.

For the missing saved loadouts: I can't say because it's not managed by OPEX.

1. OK as several people doesn't seem to understand how to use a persistent save, I will make a few modifications with the next udpate so it won't be possible to use both.
  2. Same answer: it's not recommended to use both systems so I will update the way it works.
  3. If the next update doesn't solve this issue I'm afraid you'll have to reset the progression on this map. But as you can set the intel points available at startup that shouldn't be a problem.
  4. I'll check that.
  5. Not really, because I don't like this feature at all. In reality, the enemy doesn't scale its number to its opponent.🙂

Edit : I have found the origin of the issue about the missing rewpawn tents, that will be fixed with the next update. Thanks again for the report.

16 hours ago, Gemini said:

For the missing saved loadouts: I can't say because it's not managed by OPEX.

1. OK as several people doesn't seem to understand how to use a persistent save, I will make a few modifications with the next udpate so it won't be possible to use both.
  2. Same answer: it's not recommended to use both systems so I will update the way it works.
  3. If the next update doesn't solve this issue I'm afraid you'll have to reset the progression on this map. But as you can set the intel points available at startup that shouldn't be a problem.
  4. I'll check that.
  5. Not really, because I don't like this feature at all. In reality, the enemy doesn't scale its number to its opponent.🙂

Edit : I have found the origin of the issue about the missing rewpawn tents, that will be fixed with the next update. Thanks again for the report.

Thank you for being so quick to respond to all these posts.  This has obviously been quite a labor of love. 

I've read through this thread today and it seems that I'm really the only one failing to understanding the persistent saves.  I read that things are soon going to be in time-challenging for you so rather than re-coding a system that works, maybe you can just tell me the proper steps to take when we're through playing for the night?  My unfamiliarity with persistent saves is likely what is causing the missions to lose all the armory boxes (it's happened in each game and isn't fixed unless I reset the mission using the TOC settings laptop).

I'm hosting a server on my PC instead of using a dedicated server, so ARMA (and the server) will be shut off and the end of each day.  Once I use the settings laptop in the TOC to save mission and player progress, what steps should be taken to properly stop the server?  

The next time we play, what steps should be taken to properly resume the mission?  Essentially there are only two choices available: Restart or Resume.  I was using "restart" to hopefully avoid using any of the vanilla save system.

Oh, and after reading the entire thread: I formally apologize for my previously-asked question 5 .. I now see that you had already answered it.

Hey guys,

OPEX has been updated to version 2.03.

Changelog:

• Added: compatibility with the Italian faction from Pedagne mod
  • Added: compatibility with the German faction from BW mod
  • Added: compatibility with the German faction from CFP & Redd'n'Tank (RnT) mods combination - thanks to DoppelhopperWhopper for his help
  • Fixed: vehicle delivery is now working properly in MP
  • Fixed: gear crates are not disappearing anymore after loading a persistent save
  • Fixed: gear crates ordered from the delivery area are now filled with detected mod(s) equipment
  • Fixed: the mobile factory and the civilian truck are now working properly
  • Fixed: the proper crate is now delivered after ordering food from the delivery area
  • Fixed: rewpawn tents are now properly loaded into uniform crates
  • Fixed: proper player loadout should now be loaded in 100% of cases at mission startup
  • Fixed: it's now not possible anymore to revive dead bodies in the task "Repatriate dead bodies"
  • Fixed: unloading a suspect from a vehicle doesn't make him disappearing anymore
  • Fixed: HQ markers are now appearing properly in MP
  • Fixed: 3D markers are now working properly in MP
  • Fixed: laptops screens in the specialization room are now properly loaded
  • Updated: to avoid confusion and issues, it's now not possible anymore to use both vanilla and persistent save systems
  • Updated: AI teammates are now preventing the deletion of any distant element (may be useful, for example, to guard a vehicle inside the enemy territory)
  • Updated: more equipment is now available for ACE mod users (body bags, splints, explosives...)
  • Updated: tip wheel action to report bugs and issues
  • Updated: contributor's panel (big thanks to Terzi and Sir Jin !)
  • Updated: list of compatible mods (added Pedagne, BW and CFP/RnT mods)
  • Updated: a few other minor things

@Dynablue As you can see, it's now not possible anymore to use both save systems, so this should avoid troubles. Just use one or the other:

• the vanilla save system is probably more reliable than mine, and is available anywhere and anytime, but you'll need to restart the whole mission each time there is an update.
  • the OPEX persistent system is only available at the HQ, but it allows (not always, but often) to keep your progression between every update.

Note to everybody: if you still notice some issues, you'll probably need to reset your progression. If so I'm sorry but a new fresh save should solve many of your troubles.

• Like 6

Gemini, this is one of the most exciting mision generators I have seen in ARMA and  I am really enjoying it a lot.

As mision editor myself I cannot imagine the ammount of hours and love you have given to the project.

I am sending you a small donation in appreciation for you awesome work that is providing us with tons of fun and exciting missions.

I have just one request if that would be convenient for you.. Would it be possible to sumarize in a document, or webpage or any other platform, a manual or guide of how to properly use all features and options.

I had to read all the 26 pages of this thread in this forum to understand some of the functions or workarounds and while the guide you have provided on the mission itself in the MAP FAQ is quite cool, I believe it would benefit us all to have a more comprenhensive guide of functions and even recomended strategies so the people can start the scenario easily.

In any case, awesome work, I am starting one persistent "campaing" in OPEX with my friends and really excited about it.

Merci !

• Like 1

Hi Furia,

Thank you a lot for this message and for the donation !

And thanks for the suggestion. As you said, there's already the in-game FAQ but you are right: it's not very convenient and structured. I will think about your request and how to do it properly but I only have a few days left of real free time so I don't promise anything from now.

Anyway, if you need any information, please feel free to ask !

Hi, I'm using your save  method, but every time I load a game I'm missing my squad back at hq and must recruit again, and once saved/finished for the evening how do you exit game correctly. There's only abort button there, I play sp

Kind Regards 

Edited by terrydraper

Hi Gemini !

Me and my squad had a game yesterday and we had an awesome time in OPEX Tanoa.

It was real fun and challenging.

I am still amazed on the ammount of time and hours you should have used to make it so good.

The ammount of functionalities and how everything is placed and set with such care to detail is impresive.

I have a couple of questions for you.

We played with OPEX Tanoa and with the FFAA MOD.

While playing MP, me and my colleagues could not manage to be into the same „squad“ even if I am the officer and they are in the units listed below. Is this intended like this? Is there any method to group human players into one „squad“?

We have tried the Camp Tent respawn but it works only for the guy that plant the tent, we also tried the sleeping bag but both only work for the guy that plants them, rest of the humans in game do not have the option to spawn there. We thgough that this may be related to the need to be grouped into the same squad??

As curiosity we al got an error about a Gemini Sleeping bag when launching the mission despite all having the Gemini Items for OPEX mod installed. The erro message was „Bad vehicle type Gemini_sleepingbag“

I also asked for support tranport and nicely one Chinook helicopter came to my possition but once we got onboard it never asked me where to go and we remained in the ground. How is this suppose to work once the transport pick us up? He should ask us for destination via marking on map as the same method we used to call the tranport in?

Yesterday we did the tasking of repatriating the bodies, we landed a Cougar helicopter first and then a NH-90 near the bodies but we never got the option to load the bodies into the helicopter. We only managed to do so into a civilian truck. Is this intended this way that the bodies can only be loaded into ground vehicles?

Have you consider adding the functionality of „Fast Rope“ to the helicopters so we can deploy troops without having to land?

Last question. Can you tell me how Fast Deployment is intended to work? We have activated it in the administrator options but we do not see any functionality to use about this.

Thank you very much in advance!

• Thanks 1

@terrydraper

As it's written in the FAQ, the persistent save has some limitations so it doesn't keep AI teammates for now. As a workaround, just dismissed them before leaving to get back some intel points, and enlist a new team next time.

You are doing right, after you finished just save your mission progression and abort. Your previous save will be automatically loaded next time you start the mission.

@furia

Thanks again for your positive messages.

• That's normal, as far as I know you are the first one that asks that. For most other people it's more convenient to don't take care about the group management when there is no AI teammate. But I'll try to see how to make a function that allows that.
  • Mobile respawn should work for any player but as you know, in ArmA it's very hard to develop reliable things as SP, MP (local) and MP (dedicated) are not working the same way at all. So I'll try to check that too.
  • Air transport: as soon as the group of the one who called in has get in, his map should open so he should be able to click where he wants to move. Didn't he closed the map by mistake ? I'll try to check again that too anyway.
  • Dead bodies: you are right the script was limited to land vehicles by mistake, I'll update that quickly.
  • Fast rope: I think it's a complex function to develop and I think that there are several mods that are able to do that (ACE for example). Maybe one day, if I get the knowledge.
  • Fast deployment: if enabled, just use the wheel action attached to the white board fixed on the wall on the Tactical Operation Center. This allows to be teleported where you want on the map (but be aware, after that you can't go back the same way). The goal of this function is to quickly go back to the battlefield after a respawn.

Anyway, I'll try to do what I can as soon as possible but as I said previously, I don't have very much time left to work on OPEX as much as before, so don't expect much modifications and quick fixes.

Gemini !

Thanks a lot for the fast answer and for the clarifications 😎

You are right about the fastrope, easier to implement with a mod.

Now I understand the teleport Thanks.

I will continue playing and testing things but in any case the mision as it is now is superb and fully operational offering great playability.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, furia said:

Is there any method to group human players into one „squad“?

There will be a new wheel action that should allow to do that in the next update of OPEX.

8 hours ago, furia said:

We have tried the Camp Tent respawn but it works only for the guy that plant the tent

Did you try the tent from Gemini Items mod or the vanilla one ? Also, what doesn't work exactly ? Is the tent visible for anybody ? Is it only the respawn position that doesn't appear for everyone ?

8 hours ago, furia said:

We also tried the sleeping bag but both only work for the guy that plants them, rest of the humans in game do not have the option to spawn there.

The sleeping bag is not for rewpawn: it's only for resting (so it's only useful if the primary needs feature is enabled). Is this one working (you should have seen a wheel mouse action to have rest) ?

8 hours ago, furia said:

He should ask us for destination via marking on map as the same method we used to call the tranport in?

Only the guy who called the support is able to confirm where to move. Didn't he close his map by mistake ? The other players can't confirm the destination.

• Like 1

Hi Gemini.

Until now I have only used the vanilla Camp Tent since I cannot find the Gemini Tent neither in the Uniform box or in any of the other boxes in the armory, neither in the Virtual Arsenal.

I have tried in several maps, like Tanoa, Kujari, Kunduz.. but no Gemini Tent.

I do have installed the mod „Gemini Items for OPEX“ and I do not know if this may be relevant, we do use the FFAA Mod with CUP Weapons and the Supplies in the mission administration are set to unrealistic so we can use the CUP Weapons with the FFAA uniforms.

When. Using the Vainilla Tent,  everybody can see the tent being deployed but the system does not recognize as spawn, just as a tent. 

• Thanks 1

OPEX has been updated to version 2.04.

Changelog:

• Added: full Spanish translation (big thanks to Bardo !)
  • Added: FAMAS rifle for CUP French faction
  • Added: new wheel actions to join or leave another player's group
  • Fixed: the door of the custody suite is not locked anymore
  • Fixed: portable tents and sleeping bags are now properly loaded again inside the box in the armory (no more error "Bad config Gemini_sleepingbag")
  • Fixed: interactions in task 22 "Evacuate the civilians" should now work better, especially in MP
  • Fixed: no drone shouldn't be deleted anymore by mistake
  • Fixed: the "loading body" action is not limited to land vehicles anymore
  • Fixed: a few mistakes in the stringtable.xml file (thanks to Bardo)
  • Updated: the incognito function is now more efficient
  • Updated: desert camo is now also enabled for Middle-East regions (except for the French Army as in real life it uses woodland camo in this region)
  • Updated: MP7 has been removed from common handguns for CFP & RnT mod
  • Updated: for more realism, the probability to encounter enemy armored vehicle has been decreased
  • Updated: task description for "Install the wire" to make it more easy to understand
  • Updated: contributor's list and panel (thanks to Furia and Skolotaj !)

Thanks to all of you for your feedbacks and support !

• Like 3

Gemini thanks a lot for the update! Awesome support!!!!

I have one question related the respawn tent. After the last update indeed I can find a Portable tent and I have managed to deploy it, however I do not get any oprion to respawn there even when playing alon. The tent is planted there but when I respawn it is not offered as respawn location. What I am doing wrong or missing?

I load the tent into a backpack Go to the middle of the island, open inventary and double click on the tent, the soldier deploys the tent with an annimation. tent is deployed and I got offered the option to "sleep/rest" there for some period of time. If I kill myself when respawning I can only do it at the Field Hospital.

After you have installed the tent, you need to use the "Set as camp" wheel action to enable the respawn point. I have tested it again a few seconds ago in MP as a local host, it works as intended.

Also, before anyone reports it:

• The new actions to join/leave a player's group are not working properly right now. It will be fixed with the next update.
  • The  rest actions attached to the camp tent and sleeping bag are not working neither: it will also be fixed soon.

Sorry about these mistakes.

Ok I was missing to activate the Set Camp. It works perfect. Thanks.

Today I have played in Tanoa with my friends for a few hours however something unexpected happened. While at the beguining there were almost no civiilians in the village near the base, we did some questioning of some civilians we manage to find and then we started to find enemies in large numbers.

At the end of the mission the we killed about 90 enemies and with a drone I saw there were a lot more still alive roaming around in large patrols.

I calculate there would have been around 100 more in the area of the villages near the main base.

I have never seen that many enemies before in that scenario. Is this an exception or we should expect that level of enemy intensity in one area in a regular way? We were saved by a drone and some arty support but it was tight and exciting 🙂

However the problem came that I guess due to the ammount of units and fight we got a severe drop of fps to make it it very hard to play.

Other than that we got a great time!!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback.

Nope, I never encounter so much enemies. But as many OPEX functions are spawning a more or less random amount of units, I suppose that in some rare cases, if you're not lucky at all, it may happen.

If it happens again, don't hesitate to use the "Report a bug" wheel menu on the Tactical Operation Center and then to send me your RPT file by email. This action updates this file with some OPEX variables, so this helps me a lot to better understand the situation of the mission.

Anyway, good to know that you succeeded to survive to this attack 😄

Good morning all, I have a problem with OPEX. when I launch one of the missions, I cannot open the mission whiteboard, neither can the PC. I have ARMA 3 contact maybe this is the problem? sorry for my English

Do you use the Spacebar or press the mouse middle butto for a couple of seconds? That is the way to make it work with many of the implemented functions in OPEX.

Yes quite, I can put away the weapon, and 2 sports exercises. But when I approach the card nothing happens

Hey

Our community has encountered some problems, while trying to setup and test the mission. We play Lythium as the US. We tried to request and complete a mission, after we requested it, we got an area to patrol, at the time we were about 10 People in the mission area. We started to Patrol and only got 1 single contact, that we killed and the mission was completed.

We tried to reconfigure server and mission but encoutered similiar results or enemies were only spawning after about 5 minutes of us being completly stationary.

Are we missing something or is this some sort of wierd bug?