Hi there,

Any chances to make this mission compatible with UNSUNG (Vietnam mod), some of its terrains and factions?

Hello guys,

@pokemon77 : No sorry, OPEX is entirely built for modern warfare so it wouldn't make sense to use factions or weapons from the past.

@all beta testers : Altis and Tanoa versions are now also ready for testing ! Download them now from the link I already sent you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Salut Gémini,

Bravo et merci pour Opex, c'est un régal.

j'ai 2 questions :

1/Pour les items OPEX, sont ils trouvable sur armaholic, ou autre part que steam ?
2/ concernant le Mortier, on peut le commander en jeux, par contre jouant en ace artillerie "gestion de munition" je ne trouve pas les obus qui vont avec, alors ça viens peut-être de chez moi je pose la question tout de même.

et merci encore pour ce super travail.

Cordialement

----------------------------------------------------------

Hi Gemini, Bravo and thank you for Opex, it's a treat.

I have 2 questions:

1 / For OPEX items, can they be found on armaholic, or somewhere other than steam?
2 / concerning the Mortar, we can order it in games, on the other hand playing in ace artillery "ammunition management" I can't find the shells that go with it, so maybe it comes from my home I ask the question all the same .

and thank you again for a great job.

Cordially

• Thanks 1

Hi Marechal Lasalle, thanks for this message ! 

1. Gemini items mod is not available on Armaholic at this time because it's boring to keep it up-to-date on this website but you can download it from Steam (recommended) or directly from my website.

2. I don't know how the artillery function from ACE mod works because I never used it but I'll try to take a look on that.

Hey guys,

OPEX v2 beta is now compatible with Altis, Stratis, Tanoa and Livonia. According to you, which other maps should I now prepare in priority ?

• FATA (it was the most popular one for OPEX v1, but don't you think it's now a too small and empty map ?)
  • Isla Duala
  • Kunduz
  • Lythium
  • Taunus
  • Kujari
  • Malden 2035 (even if I think it's a very small map)
  • Any other one ?

Please let me know your toughts.

• Like 1

Hi Big_Lebowsky_65, thanks for your feedback and encouragement !

Is it this one ? If yes, Afghanistan type maps are perfectly fitting OPEX spirit so it's a good proposal. The only negative thing is that I can't find it on the Steam Workshop, and unfortunatly I believe that there are not so much ArmA users anymore that are ready to manually install extra content. Anyway, I take good note of your proposal 😉

Hi Gemini, we liked playing on Kunduz (note the version with fixed doors!) since it isn't too big a map. We'd try Malden for the same reason. The bigger maps aren't really feasible for our small squad as the transport to the AO often takes way too long and we don't have designated pilots.

Aside from that, some european maps would be nice I guess but I can't name one out of my head. I just know that Taunus looks amazing but is a huge fps killer. 😞

Edit: I had a look into my workshop. In general, User @Temppa has some pretty amazing maps.

• Like 1

Great to see some new stuff here :)

I'd like to see Lythium and Kujari, if you find the time to do it.

Hi, I love to have now Stratis as a map where you not travel too much for gaming.
Malden could be a great map too in the same spirit.

And additionally to what was already proposed, I would like Weferlingen summer and winter.

Merci de ta réactivité ! avec ton petit mod Item ça change tous !

Encore une petite question, juste pour le "ACE Medical" lorsque que je joue avec des IA, il ne prend pas en compte les blessures détaillées. Si l’individu est blessé le médecin le soigne via la trousse,  mais je ne peux avoir les détailles indiqués et un type de soins complexe. Le ACE Médical est il adaptable à 100% ?

En tous cas merci beaucoup encore pour ton travail, et de nous offrir cela !

Pour les Map, Mon avis personnel est :

- Chernarus 2020, les CUP lui offre un second souffle.
-Takistan
-Une map de type "jungle", comme les nombreuses map du Vietnam.
Adaptable pour l'armée Française à leurs interventions en Afrique équatorial et sa jungle (Gabon par exemple).

----------------------------------------------

Thank you for your responsiveness! with your little Item mod it all changes!

Just one more question, just for "ACE Medical" when I play with AI, it doesn't take detailed injuries into account. If the individual is blessed, the doctor treats him via the kit, but I cannot have the details indicated and a type of complex care. Is the ACE Medical 100% adaptable?

In any case, thank you very much again for your work, and for giving us this!

For Map, My personal opinion is:

- Chernarus 2020, the CUP give it a second wind.
-Takistan
-A map of "jungle" like the many maps of Vietnam. Adaptable for the French army to their interventions in Equatorial Africa and its jungle (Gabon for example).

Sorry for my English.

What's up with the forum marking comments as "Hidden"? I tried to edit my previous comment to remove the Livonia suggestion as I failed to note that it's already supported. I also had my initial post (before the one I posted on 2/14) with all these map suggestions marked as "Hidden" as well for some reason as soon as I posted it.

Anyway, here are my suggestions again:

Weferlingen (Germany, Global Mobilization CDLC)

Chernarus 2020 (Fictional, Eastern European) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1981964169

G.O.S Leskovets (Fictional, Eastern European) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=855464203

Beketov (Russia) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743968516

Orshanets (Ukraine) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=431380279

Rosche (Germany) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1527410521

Cham (Germany) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1789554117

Hellanmaa (Finland) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1291778160

Ruha (Finland) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1368857262

Virolahti (Finland) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1926513010

Kobbvatn (Norway) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1161282110

Bornholm (Denmark) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=428181330

As you can see, there are a lot more quality temperate terrains available now than were available when previous versions of OPEX were ported to different maps. Every one of these maps has a 5 star rating on the Steam Workshop. By no means am I suggesting porting the scenario to all of these terrains but please look at the map sizes and some of the images and consider a few if they are appropriate for the scenario. There were actually more that I would have suggested but I felt that they were too small for OPEX. Some of these may be a bit too small as well. I would actually suggest taking a look at all of the terrains available on the SWS and sorting them by "popularity, all time" and take a look at those rated 4 stars or above and then consider the factions that will be supported and if it would be plausible for any of them to be operating in those locales. There are some well regarded maps such as the Chongo, Angola terrain or the tropical Pulau map that would suit the scenario nicely (though they might not be something that would interest me personally). And once again, thanks for the awesome work that you are doing for the community. 🙂

Edit

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 6:03 PM, Guillaume Massé said:

Hi, everybody,
On Beta2.0. With ace d activated I don't have rearming, refueling, automatic repair when I'm in the base areas. Does anyone know how to deactivate their ACE modules only?

Hey,

2 / 3 solutions, for you, either with a wheel action in play without ace action...

Either you disable these modules in the addon options.

Either you remove the add-ons (.sqf) directly in the ace file, but be careful (several of them are linked together. Don't hesitate to go to the ace wiki for this manipulation).

Here I hope I could help you, if I understood your request correctly.

Spoiler

Salut, 

2 / 3 solutions, pour toi, soit avec une action molette en jeu sans action ace.. 

Soit tu désactives ces modules dans les options d'addon. 

Soit tu supprimes les add-ons (.sqf) directement dans le fichier ace, mais attention (plusieurs d'entre eux sont liés entre eux. Ne pas hésiter à aller sur le wiki de ace pour cette manip). 

Voilà j'espère avoir pu t'aider, si j'ai bien compris ta demande. 

Questions à tous les beta testeurs, notamment les joueurs solo. 

- Utilisez-vous d'autre mod, en plus de ceux déjà recommandé ? Si oui, avez-vous des pertes de perf ? 

Utilisez-vous les mods tel que Vcom, bCombat, C2, all in one command?

//////////// //////// ////////// //////////// 

Questions to all beta testers, including solo players. 

- Do you use other mod, in addition to those already recommended? If yes, do you have any loss of perf? 

Do you use mods such as Vcom, bCombat, C2, all-in-one-command? 

Thanks for our answer. 

--------- - - - - - - --------------- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

@Gemini for the map:

Timberland Island

Tira bora

Namalks

Pulau

Vis

Khoramshahr

Edited by Dedmen
Translated to english. Keep in mind this forum is english only.

Hey,

Questions to all beta testers, including solo players. 

- Do you use other mod, in addition to those already recommended? If yes, do you have any loss of perf? 

Do you use mods such as Vcom, bCombat, C2, all-in-one-command? 
Thanks for our answer. 

--------- - - - - - - --------------- - - - - - - - - - - - - 
[mention=745011]Gemini[/mention] for the map:
Timberland Island
Tira bora
Namalks
Pulau
Vis
Khoramshahr

Hello Ricoarma and thanks for the tip, I’ll try that.

For the other mod, I play with C2 which work quite well with Opex2.0 except for high command management (huge loss of perf and I m not able to provide order for squad). It’s too bad that it doesn’t work because managing several squads with C2 is awesome (I spent couple of hundred hours in Kp liberation with that).
  • Thanks 1

Hi Gemini,
Will it be possible to add silencer for all unit we could buy.
Otherwise for stealth mission, you have to select carefully your squad.
And some unit like medic refuse to add silencer when they have one. Strange.
Thanks,

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for all your feedbacks and suggestions.

@all beta-testers: a new update for the beta is available on my website, don't forget to download and install the latest files !

Changelog:

• Many fixes and adjustments
  • Update of the compatibilty with ArmaModFrance V_0.0.5.1
  • Isla Duala support

• Like 1

Other questions :
How works rapid deployment? Their is nothing in the FAQ.
Virtual Arsenal still doesn't work. When I select it, it mentionned "no object available". I've well selected unlimited in the initial menu.

Sorry I didn't notice that AMF team has deleted several PBO with their latest update. This is fixed now.

Anyway, I have absolutely no issue with the Virtual Arsenal. Are you playing SP or MP ? Are you using some other extra mods ?

Hi Gemini,

I play in SP and I've try to remove some mods.

In fact, seems to be ACE which break the virtual arsenal?

Additionnaly, could you said me what is the "rapid deployment"?

Pfff ACE team probably changed something. So thanks for the feedback, I have updated OPEX: that should now work properly again.

Rapid deployment, if enabled at mission startup, allows players to instantly move to any position by using the map that is fixed to the wall inside the Tactical Operation Center. So basically it's the equivalent of a "fast travel" as called in other games 😉

On 2/21/2020 at 11:42 PM, Gemini said:

Changelog:

• Many fixes and adjustments
  • Update of the compatibilty with ArmaModFrance V_0.0.5.1
  • Isla Duala support

Is AMF going to be replacing R3F for French uniforms and equipment or will the mod just now be compatible with AMF as a supplement? Either way I guess I need to go the SWS and download AMF.

Both mods are supported, it's up to you to select the one you prefer 😀

• Like 1

I go back to this forum after years to thank you for the update on this mission. I'm very excited to play again on Isla Duala.

Congratulation for your great work.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone.

@Gemini it's me again... 

Small bug uplift. Especially on CUP maps like Isla and Fata.

During the mission: evacuate civilians

Three-fourths of them are trapped in walls or under the ground. This makes extraction very complicated.

Another request: do you think it would be possible (still coding) to add random mission requests from HQ, for example

A patrol near us needs backup.

Or should an armed civilian be neutralized near our position

The recovery of intel is fine, but a pity that it only adds credits.

Personally the allocation of bonus malus were more appreciable before.

Thanks again