On 6/22/2019 at 5:07 PM, VariousArtist said:

@Gemini I think you cannot do the village supply mission on Tanoa when the Target is on those islands that cant be reached via road vehicle.

Some items need 12 cargo units but nothing that swims or flies can load over 10!? Also you cant slingload those resources.

So, unsolvabel problem?

Just a showerthought: Could you load up a truck and then slingload said truck to the island? 🤔

Still one of the best missions for ARMA! Great job mate.

• Like 2

Thank you dude ! I'm currently working hard on the next update. It should fix many issues that appeared with the last releases and should bring much more reliability and stability. I hope you guys will enjoy it ! Stay tuned...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hello, I don't know if somebody already asked that question, if yes I'm sorry, but do you plan to implement the mod: "AMF" in your mission ? Its weapons are better than the R3F ones in my opinion (but I share this opinion with a bunch of people) and for the rest it's always better to use real french gear and vehicles than retextured vanilla assets.

Hi, yes AMF will be supported by with next update 😉

• Like 3

hi Gemini, I think this scenario is the best I've played and I congratulate you so much. I have some problems. I only played single player in Tanoa. When I save the game with the persistent system in the operations control room and exit the game, when I return the part load by choosing the "restart" option. This is right ? My soldiers all reappear with the same specialization as the soldier 2. For example, if he is a doctor everyone becomes a doctor. Then all the soldiers don't talk on the radio.
Another problem that happens is that when I return from the mission far from the base, many objects disappear, the vehicles are gone, the supply area disappears.
If when reloading the game I select the "continue" option the problem of the soldiers does not occur, but that of the objects that disappear persists.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this feedback. I'm still working on the next update, this kind of issue should be fixed then.

• Like 1

Great mission kind sir!

I have two questions:

1) When you have ACE medical enabled it seems like medical center does nothing. I think that's because ACE damage system not being included in script. Is this done on purpose?

2) Could we expect this mod ported on Livonia someday?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for this feedback.

1) The medical system will be completely reworked with next update.

2) Yes, this should happen as soon as possible but for now I'm focusing on the next update.

For now I'm focusing on the next big update. I think you'll gonna like it guys 😉

• Like 1

Hello Gemini,

I am currently using your OPEX mission and i'm so thankful of your awesome work !!

I would like to improve your fnc_ambientEnemyAttacks.sqf script.

The thing that annoy me with "attacking player position" is that I find it too punishing if Enemy side doesn't even know about player and player position.

What i'm thinking of is to use "knowsAbout" command, if Enemy side has knowledge about player then you can spawn the attacking squad (of course if all other conditions are already valid).

Going deeper, we could also have some civilian letting the Enemy side knowing about player (like informant) with a random chance of informing Enemy side.

Would be great to work together on my proposition if it please you and if you have time.

Keep up on your great work and good luck for you next update of OPEX.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Hi, thanks for this message. Well, I already proceeded to something like that. More news to come soon 😉

Guys, I need help from native english speakers. In French, "Opérations Extérieures - or OPEX" literally designates the military operations that are located abroad (outside the French territory). According to you, what would be the most appropriate translation in English ?

• External Operations (or maybe External Ops) ?
  • Outside Operations (or maybe Outside Ops) ?
  • Overseas Operations (or maybe Overseas Ops) ?

For sure that's not important for the gameplay, but I'd like to use the most proper term.

Well, there is i.e. "Foreign interventions", called by the US military. But mostly they speak about "external military operations".

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much for this information !

hi,

i have this error  : no entry bin\config.bin\cfgweapons and R3F weapons aren't loaded only on ALTIS mission

i use dedicated server, all other opex mission works well, no error message and weapons are good

if i run ALTIS mission in SP mode it works perfectly

help plz :)

A huge update of OPEX is coming soon 😉

In the meantime, this error message seems to be related to R3F mods so downloading and enabling them should fix this.

• Like 3

@Gemini can't wait for an update!

I was thinking about a new feature, perhaps an scenario setup option menu choice.

Could it be possible for tasks to be placed less randomly? Like in X km peremiter?

I kinda grew tired of driving/flying the whole map to just deal with let's say an IED. Or perhaps maybe some incentive some further missions get extra credit and those near base have a little bit less.

• Thanks 1

OPEX_v2_logo_clearBG.png

BETA ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi guys !

First of all, I whish you the best for this new year !

After a few additional hundred hours of a very very very hard work, I’m pleased to announce that the 2.0 update for OPEX should arrive soon ! This major improvement of OPEX adds/optimizes/removes many features but the main goal is still the same: to bring a realistic, unpredictable and fully automatized mission and to avoid the need of a human game master.

Also, OPEX is now 100% vanilla compatible (obviously, except on user-made maps). But the more you’ll enable compatible mods, the more you’ll have possibilities to select among various factions and extra features !

Currently supported PLAYFOR factions:

• Czechia (CUP)
  • France (AMF / CUP / JackFrench / R3F)
  • Germany (CUP)
  • Russia (CUP / RHS)
  • Spain (FFAA)
  • UK (3CB / CUP)
  • USA (vanilla / CUP / RHS)

Currently supported OPFOR factions:

• Generic ultranationalists (vanilla / 3CB / CUP / CFP / LOP / RHS)
  • Boko Haram (vanilla / 3CB / CUP / CFP / LOP)
  • Islamic State (vanilla / 3CB / CUP / CFP / LOP)
  • Talibans (3CB / CUP / CFP / LOP)

Civilians variety will be automatically adjusted, depending on selected map and enabled mods (vanilla / 3CB / CFP / CUP / LOP).

Extra gameplay features are also bringed by :

• ACE
  • ACRE
  • TFAR
  • Gemini items

Missions and mods collections will be created soon on Steam to facilitate the installation.

But before the public release, I’m currently looking for a few limited amount of serious and motivated volunteers for participating to a closed beta version on Stratis map (portage to the other maps is currently work in progress) and providing feedbacks. So, if:

• You have some free time
  • You have a gaming computer and/or a local/dedicated server (both SP and MP feedbacks are appreciated)
  • You are not afraid of experiencing possible bugs
  • You are able to install a .pbo mission manually
  • You are able to locate and provide your .rpt file (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files)
  • You are motivated enough to fill the small .xls form I have prepared to properly collect and organize the feedbacks
  • You can understand that at this time, the distribution of this beta version to a third is not allowed without my permission

Then please feel free to contact me with a private message, I'll send you a link to download the beta version of OPEX v2 !

For the others : please be a bit more patient, the public release is not so far anymore !

opex_schedule.jpg

😎

@Mackov

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm afraid I won't have enough free time during the next months to implement that feature. But I keep it in mind for the future !

• Like 6

Hell yeah, amazing news! Just yesterday we noticed the tiny update to your small Items mod and started speculating how far you are in developing the update.

We'd happily test the new version on our server. I'll send you a message!

• Thanks 1

Great, thank you very much @Arfour. I just sent you the download link !

• Thanks 1

@Gemini Awesome news on the update! When you were asking about US terms equivalent to "OPEX", I had a feeling that you were adding more factions. I recall asking you about that a few years back and I'm glad to see that you not only considered it but are implementing it. I even went back through this thread and found my comment from three years ago and you are including every faction that I suggested except the Dutch (not even sure there's a good faction mod for that) and that you're adding Russia as well. Very well done! I hope that you are considering some new European map ports as well because while Taunus is a good map, it hasn't been updated in three years and there have been some awesome European maps released since it became available. I'm really looking forward to the next release and getting back into OPEX! Thank you very much for your hard work. 

• Like 1

Hi @scimitar, thanks for this message  ! My current plan is:

1. To collect feedbacks from beta-testers.
  2. To fix the possible issues and to improve what's possible.
  3. To adapt version 2 to the maps version 1 was already compatible with (Altis, Tanoa, FATA, Isla Duala, Kunduz, Lythium, Taunus and Kujari).
  4. To adapt version 2 to the most popular other maps (I have a few ones in mind, but at least Livonia and Malden).
  5. To release the final public version.

Now that's said, steps 3 and 4 will in fact depend on how fast I will be able to work. My personal life will drastically change in April and I probably won't have time anymore to work on OPEX, so my objective is to release the final public version before the end of this quarter. So if the map conversion is too long, maybe I will have to reconsider the priority list, so please guys don't hesistate to mention your favourite maps, so I will first work on the most popular ones.

• Like 1

Quick question before I start downloading: Which parts of the CUP mods would be needed for the additional factions - especially Germany?

Weapons, units and vehicles.

• Thanks 1

To all beta-testers: both mission and Gemini mod have just been updated, so don't forget to download and install the new files.

• Like 1