On 7/14/2017 at 8:14 AM, Zulu Three Zero said:

Hi Gemini, downloaded the mod this morning and loving it - says a lot about the detail that I wasn't overly upset that I spent the whole morning in-game (SP, with that slight acceleration, from 5am to noon) searching for a downed pilot and couldn't find him.

Would've been good to complete, rather than cancel, my first mission though! Any pointers? Playing on Kunduz, Afghanistan, I checked every building of every compound in the area (and a few outside of it too), zig-zagged up and down the hedgerows, even RTB'd to purchase and put up a Darter, to try and find him on thermal..... nada. Hints and tips greatly appreciated!

I always try to do the pilot mission at night, because the downed pilot has a beacon that flashes when you're using NVGs or using the NV mode on your binoculars and it's super easy to find him. I always take the Littlebird equivalent with 2 pilots, 3 guys on the benches (myself as the 4th guy) and the medic in one of the back seats, then we get dropped off near the crash site, find the pilot (again, look for the guy that is flashing) and he goes in the 2nd back seat, and we all go home. I often even find him before we've landed, since you can use the binos while you're sitting on the bench like a weapon and see him easier from the air.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:34 AM, scimitar said:

As I've mentioned recently, I've been playing on the Taunus map and I have the time multiplier disabled so that I can play in real time.  I've played a good bit lately with the latest version and I'm curious to know if anyone else has had a problem with transport helicopters not taking off within a reasonable amount of time? This has happened a few times lately, starting with the previous version and now with the latest version. Most recently, with the latest version, I chose the attack the training camp mission and then recruited and outfitted a team of eight. I called for transport and when the chopper arrived, I had my team board and then boarded myself. When the map popped up, I picked an LZ about 1 km from the camp. The map closed and the chopper just sat there without taking off. I enabled 4X time acceleration and waited a few minutes but the chopper still wouldn't take off. I disembarked my team and then recruited a pilot and went to the helipads and had the pilot fly us to the LZ in an NH90. When we left the base, the default transport helicopter was still on the ground. I had the pilot take a meandering course to the LZ so that I could scout some other areas on the way. It probably took us twenty minutes to finally reach the LZ and just as we got there, the default transport chopper was approaching the LZ. It quickly touched down and then flew away again. By my calculations, it probably took 20 minutes before the transport chopper ever left the base. Has anyone else encountered this?

The assault went successfully and we wiped out all opposition within the target zone but a familiar problem that I and a few others have reported, then came into play. The task would not trigger as being completed. I checked every building thoroughly and swept the whole target area with my team in a line formation, several times. We found and eliminated one more enemy but the task still wouldn't complete. The camp was in an area that was somewhat remote but only thinly forested on two sides and with open fields on the other two. I had the pilot pick up two of my squad members to act as door gunners and then had them repeatedly fly around the area. They engaged a few enemies that were coming in from areas outside of the target zone but the task still wouldn't complete. Each time a new version of the mission is released or I restart, I start with the attack the training camp mission. In the last three attempts, I've managed to get the task to complete one time and it took a lot of waiting. On that occasion, a friendly patrol moved into the area and engaged some enemies outside the target area. After the shooting stopped, I got a task complete mission. I've also never been able to complete the eliminate the enemy sniper mission. I've tried it several times and have never been able to find the sniper, even after exhaustive sweeps of the area. That leads me to believe that either the vanilla AI or perhaps AI mods (I use bCombat) are causing some enemies to flee or relocate from the combat area and preventing the tasks from being completed because they aren't being eliminated. Is anyone else that's having problems with tasks not completing, using AI mods as well? I know for certain that ASR AI will cause enemies to relocate if they hear combat taking place outside of their assigned zones, so I don't use that. I honestly hate to play the game without AI mods, because while they aren't perfect, they are much improved over the vanilla AI, which can be fairly awful at times. I'm curious to know that if an enemy combatant leaves the target area, if he can then be stricken from the number of enemies that it's required to eliminate to complete a task?

Other than those two issues, the mission is playing beautifully. I checked out the OFrP trailer and I'm really looking forward to those assets being added to the mission. It should be epic!

I believe that I may have found the answer to my own problem concerning playing the mission and using the bCombat AI mod. I've used the mod for years but I had forgotten that some changes needed to be made to the bcombat.sqf file in the Arma 3 Userconfig folder for the mod to be compatible with campaigns. Since OPEX plays like a campaign with similar mission tasks, I believe that fleeing behavior by the AI is making some tasks impossible to complete because some enemy AI units flee the combat area. The readme file for the mod states that the following settings should be used in the bcombat.sqf file for campaign use:

bcombat_damage_multiplier = 1.0;
bcombat_allow_investigate = false;
bcombat_allow_fleeing = false;
bcombat_allow_surrender = false;

I only had to change the damage multiplier and the fleeing behavior. The others were already set as they should be. Now to give the mission another go!

***edit***

Editing the config file seems to have done the trick. I completed two missions with no problems.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for all these news feedbacks ! Please stay cool on this topic, all of this is just a game :smile_o:

On 22/07/2017 at 5:21 PM, Danilik said:

Ops , Launch multiplayer mode, in singleplayer is ok, but is impossible to implement in multiplayer ?

By default, team switch is disabled for MP games. You have to enable it into the mission parameters, at mission startup.

On 24/07/2017 at 10:50 AM, scimitar said:

I believe that I may have found the answer to my own problem concerning playing the mission and using the bCombat AI mod. I've used the mod for years but I had forgotten that some changes needed to be made to the bcombat.sqf file in the Arma 3 Userconfig folder for the mod to be compatible with campaigns. Since OPEX plays like a campaign with similar mission tasks, I believe that fleeing behavior by the AI is making some tasks impossible to complete because some enemy AI units flee the combat area. The readme file for the mod states that the following settings should be used in the bcombat.sqf file for campaign use:

bcombat_damage_multiplier = 1.0;
bcombat_allow_investigate = false;
bcombat_allow_fleeing = false;
bcombat_allow_surrender = false;

***edit***

Editing the config file seems to have done the trick. I completed two missions with no problems.

Great information, I will take a look on it and see if I can force these variables off for bcombat users, to avoid any trouble with fleeing.

• Like 1

Hi again,

OPEX has been updated to version 1.19.

Changelog:

• Added: new screen at startup to allow player to set up the mission (for both SP & MP)
  • Fixed: player's primary weapon should now really be properly reloaded after a respawn
  • Fixed: friendly AI controlled vehicles should not be deleted anymore when moving far from players
  • Fixed: remote-controlled drones should not be deleted anymore when moving far from players
  • Tweaked: support authorizations
  • Tweaked: task "01 - rescue a pilot" - the pilot should now be able to throw blue smoke grenades as long as he hasn't been localized
  • Tweaked: initialization files management (init.sqf, initServer.sqf, initPlayerLocal.sqf, onPlayerKilled.sqf, onPlayerRespawn.sqf...) for a better comprehension and a better execution of the commands
  • Tweaked: bCombat fleeing function is now auto-disabled at startup to avoid possible unexpected AI behaviour when a task is running (thanks to scimitar for the information)
  • Tweaked: player remains the team leader of his squad (if he was already) after using the team switch function (thanks to neofit for the suggestion)
  • Tweaked: distance to load directly objects into vehicles without having to carry them has been increased from 5 meters to 10 meters (thanks to ageat for the suggestion)
  • Tweaked: "???" has been replaced by local text for non-polyglot civilians (thanks to Erken for the suggestion)
  • Updated: a few more ACE3 objects have been added into the support crate at the armoury (only for ACE3 users)

The new screen to set parameters at startup has been a pain to create, but it should satisfy single players. It is also available at startup in MP for server admin and if player is alone on the server (it replaces default BI's parameters screen).

Enjoy :smile_o:

• Like 3

@Gemini

Awesome work. I'm really looking forward to giving the new version a go!

• Like 1

"By default, team switch is disabled for MP games. You have to enable it into the mission parameters, at mission startup."

I have enabled but no function egually

2 minutes ago, Danilik said:

"By default, team switch is disabled for MP games. You have to enable it into the mission parameters, at mission startup."

I have enabled but no function egually

Did you see neofit's screenshots and tips ?

On 22/07/2017 at 6:41 AM, neofit said:

You have many options to switch to a teammate:

bbb.jpg

Just hitting F2 to select #2 should open the action menu with the option to "Switch to unit 2". Or, on the map:

aaa.jpg

If you don't have any of those, you are probably somehow not playing with the latest version. You are taking it from the Steam Workshop and starting it from "Singleplayer > Scenarios" menu, aren't you?

14 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Did you see neofit's screenshots and tips ?

it's ok only single player version

OPEX has been updated to version 1.191.

Changelog:

• Fixed: action to drag/load/unload wounded/dead units should now work properly for ACE3 users

(this post has been edited a few hours later...)

OPEX has been updated to version 1.192.

Changelog:

• Fixed: task "09 - Capture a suspect" is now working properly again
  • Like 1

@Gemini

I don't know if I'm misreading something or if it's some kind of bug, but in SP, I'm not seeing a new screen at startup in the Taunus version (haven't tried others yet) that allows me to set mission parameters. I've tried with both the workshop version and the download version linked from the first page of this thread but neither gives me a startup options menu. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about that :sad: There are so many differences fore coding between SP (editor, scenarios) and MP (local server, dedicated, headless clients...)... Even if I'm used to deal with it, this game is driving me totally crazy !

OPEX has been updated to version 1.193.

Changelog:

• Fixed: new screen at startup is now working in SP

I have tested it from my side and it seems to be ok (editor, SP & MP), let me know if it works for you too.

• Like 1

@Gemini

That fixed the error with not getting the startup parameters screen in SP, but I'm now experiencing a much more serious problem. I can no longer load OPEX saved games in SP. I tried it with my personal mod set and I tried it with only the necessary mods that OPEX requires and the saves won't load in a reasonable amount of time. I've tried saving and loading several times and I've waited as long as 15 minutes, but the game just stays on the loading screen and I eventually have to shut it down from the Windows Task Manager. The game doesn't actually seem to be hanging, because when I tab out and check the task manager, it doesn't show A3 as not responding. I've tried this on both Taunus and Tanao with the same results. I'm fairly positive that this isn't a computer issue, as I have a fairly good system that I built myself and A3 is installed on an SSD. Non-OPEX missions seem to save and load just fine as do older version of OPEX missions.  I'm also still experiencing the occasional problem with transport helicopters not taking off within a reasonable amount of time (10+ minutes in 4X accelerated time). Thanks again for all of your hard work and hopefully this won't be a difficult issue to correct.

• Like 2

I apologize for this new inconvenience... :sad:

OPEX has been uploaded to version 1.194.

Changelog:

• Fixed: saving/loading game should now work properly again
  • Fixed: Zeus interface should work again on every map

The issue about saving/loading should be solved. But I'm not able to reproduce the issue with transport helicopters. Is it always happening ? Maybe you ordered the AI to move to a position that is not empty enough for the pilot ?

Anyway, thanks for this new precious feedback.

• Like 2

Thanks, Gemini. I will try to give it a go in the next few days when I have some free time. The issue with the transport helicopter only happens occasionally. I've only experienced it about four time so far and it's always happened when at the main base. Whenever I designate the LZ, I try to set it in a clearing or field somewhere but without being able to recon the area first, it's hard to tell if there are obstructions on the ground that don't show up on the map. I have noticed that after exiting the helicopter and finding another means of transportation, that the helicopter will eventually take off on it's own after a good amount of time has passed. As a workaround, I've taken to saving the game before I call for transport. Perhaps it's something in my mod set but I can't think of anything that would be causing it. If it's not too much trouble, perhaps in a future update, it could be made so that transport could be canceled in some way. Anyway, thanks again for all of your hard work and your willingness to update and add features to the mission.

• Like 1

Yes, maybe it's because of a mod that is chaning the AI. Or maybe it's because on several maps AI is sometimes stucked because of the lack of empty space available in the main base. I suggest to call the transport in a large empty space. Also, throwing a smoke grenade before the chopper is landing can help to indicate him a more precise position.

• Like 1

Sorry guys, here is a new small update to fix some annoying issues that have been reported: version 1.195.

Changelog:

• Fixed: civilian ID verification menu is now working properly
  • Fixed: local text for non-polyglot civilians is replaced back by "???" because ArmA doesn't seem to be able to display arabic and greek alphabets
  • Fixed: no more error message when disembarking a suspect from a vehicle
  • Like 2

Bonjour,

I have really fun with the OPEX missions but I experienced some problems.

After the load / save malfunction saturday and sunday, every thing was fine monday and tuesday, but yesteday and this morning the responses are very very long : for example, it takes about 15 seconds (!) to open the "mission report" window in the operational center, idem to buy material or units , just to open the menu or load the selected mission ...

It seems also that all ennemies deserted the map ! For example in the artillery destroy mission, I can find a camp with the artiellery and an empty BMP, but no PNJ arround to defend ... same with the training camp : no-one all around.

I play in SP on the Altis map with the standard steam OPEX collection without any more mod. Other scenarios and standard missions work fine ... it seems to be located in the OPEX software.

Anyway, I am happy to play this campaign and I want to thank you for all your work !

Janus

• Like 1

Hi hugueso, thank you for your message and sorry about the inconvenience. I think it's my fault, I jumbled some files during a previous update. OPEX is becoming hard to update because of the amount of files and the different versions to manage... :sad: 

Anyway, I am not able to reproduce the issue you are reporting (especialliy if it's since yesterday's update) but I've seen something that could lead to performance issues, maybe it's because of that. I have updated OPEX to version 1.196 a few minutes ago, please tell me if the problem is solved on your computer ?

Changelog:

• Fixed: auto-cleaning function was causing serious issues on some computers
  • Like 1

OK, works fine - but I must restart the game from scratch (3 missions lost :down: ).

Thank you a lot for your work !

Edited by hugueso
  • Like 1

Hi gemini, 

Thanks for your updates.

I have noticed some problems on taunus, some tasks are not itinialized. For example, kill 3 officer but on the location, no officer, just civilians. But it's random, when we restart the mission, reselect the same task, it's work fine. I run 1.17 version. So it may be solved since. On others map, there is no problem.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2017 at 11:40 AM, hugueso said:

OK, works fine - but I must restart the game from scratch (3 missions lost :down: ).

Thank you a lot for your work !

Great news if it's working again, thank you for the feedback ! And sorry about that, I'm still working on a way to save data without having to restart from scratch each time OPEX is updated, but it's a complex thing.

5 hours ago, Jack Ost said:

I have noticed some problems on taunus, some tasks are not itinialized. For example, kill 3 officer but on the location, no officer, just civilians. But it's random, when we restart the mission, reselect the same task, it's work fine. I run 1.17 version. So it may be solved since. On others map, there is no problem.

Thank you for the feedback, I'm proceed to some additional tests on this map.

@Gemini Bonsoir Monsieur 

Apres avoir installer le nécessaire sur un dédier pour pouvoir faire profiter votre opération a la communauté francophone arma 3

Je suis exposer a de nombreux soucis:

- Impossible de régler les paramétrés de la missions même en très élever il y arrive que l'on fasses des missions ou le n'on croise jamais personnes

(je vous glisse des erreurs que j'ai pu identifier dans le rpt log du serveur )

private ["_player",>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _boatlimit
File scripts\Gemini\fnc_ambientCivilianBoats.sqf [Gemini_fnc_ambientCivilianBoats], line 29
Error in expression <ide _x == civilian)} count (allUnits) < _residentsLimit)) then
{

- Le task force s'alume au début de la missions et arriver un moment il se coupe impossible de le relancer a part en relanceant la mission mais il se recoupe ensuite

(cela ne peut pas venir du seveur car sur les autres missions liberation par exemple il marche tres bien)

Server: Object 4:343 not found (message Type_121)
Error: Object(4 : 344) not found
Client: Object 4:344 (type Type_121) not found.
Server: Object 4:342 not found (message Type_121)
Error in expression <ent_F") > 0) && (ambientCivilianBoats < _boatLimit)) then
{

private ["_player",>
  Error position: <_boatLimit)) then
{

private ["_player",>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _boatlimit
File scripts\Gemini\fnc_ambientCivilianBoats.sqf [Gemini_fnc_ambientCivilianBoats], line 29
Error in expression <ide _x == civilian)} count (allUnits) < _residentsLimit)) then
{

private ["_pla>
  Error position: <_residentsLimit)) then
{

private ["_pla>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _residentslimit
File scripts\Gemini\fnc_ambientCivilians.sqf [Gemini_fnc_ambientCivilians], line 28
Server: Object 4:343 not found (message Type_93)
Server: Object 4:342 not found (message Type_93)
Client: Object 4:344 (type Type_93) not found.
Server: Object 4:343 not found (message Type_93)
Server: Object 4:342 not found (message Type_93)
Client: Object 4:344 (type Type_93) not found.
{

private ["_pla>
  Error position: <_residentsLimit)) then
{

private ["_pla>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _residentslimit
File scripts\Gemini\fnc_ambientCivilians.sqf [Gemini_fnc_ambientCivilians], line 28
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
rhs_us_a2_airimport
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
rhs_us_a2_airimport
{

- lors que on lance la radio dans les vehicule aucun son n'apparait dedans et donc aucun son n'est jouer

Pour information le server est host sur une machine windows 2008 R2 dans un datacenter grâce au launcher TADST

Merci d'avance 

Cordialement Benjamin

P.S (si vous est intéressez par un hébergement de serveur arma 3 pour coop realiste n'hésite pas a me contacter je serait ravi de pourvoir gratifier votre travail de la sorte)

Salut Benjamin,

Désolé je vais devoir te répondre en Anglais, c'est la langue imposée sur ce forum.

Thank you for this feedback. Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce the troubles you are reporting. Could you please provide the full .rpt file ? Maybe some scripts are broken because some mods are not loaded properly on your server (Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted - rhs_us_a2_airimport). Please make sure you have installed and activated last updates of all required mods on your server.

For TFAR issue you are not the only one to report that, I have contacted the author of the mod to have more information. I'm still investigate on what could lead to TFAR crash.

17 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Salut Benjamin,

Désolé je vais devoir te répondre en Anglais, c'est la langue imposée sur ce forum.

Thank you for this feedback. Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce the troubles you are reporting. Could you please provide the full .rpt file ? Maybe some scripts are broken because some mods are not loaded properly on your server (Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted - rhs_us_a2_airimport). Please make sure you have installed and activated last updates of all required mods on your server.

For TFAR issue you are not the only one to report that, I have contacted the author of the mod to have more information. I'm still investigate on what could lead to TFAR crash.

Ok no problem for make this discussion in english 

i have upalod you the file in mega : 

Spoiler

https://mega.nz/#!kIQUGCbQ!2zZ_77J3vl13CS0TMABNQka4AGuakZUsGIS2NW2T_cw

and still offering you the host for coop realistic opex