Hi Gemini, Scimitar,

For 1 and 2 I have exactly the same issue,

For the 3, I would also add the possibility to have more than 9 Ai because it's a little bit limitating. In example, my last mission, 2 men in the combat chopper as support when needed, 2 in the armed véhicule, and with that only 5 infantery are available. It could be good to have more for also bigger multi armed op

• Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 11:18 PM, scimitar said:

3. Prebuilt Squads:

4. Forward Operating Bases:

5. Random Side Missions:

Sounds like DUWS to me - not that is necessarily a bad thing at all!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nicholas.Bell said:

Sounds like DUWS to me - not that is necessarily a bad thing at all!

That's true and possibly where I subconsciously got the inspiration for some of my suggestions. However, I would rather play OPEX than DUWS, because it's a bit more focused and I can play using French forces. I haven't looked at the edited versions of DUWS recently but I don't think there's a version that allows that at the moment.

8 hours ago, scimitar said:

That's true and possibly where I subconsciously got the inspiration for some of my suggestions. However, I would rather play OPEX than DUWS, because it's a bit more focused and I can play using French forces. I haven't looked at the edited versions of DUWS recently but I don't think there's a version that allows that at the moment.

Not trying to take anything away from Gemini (or you!) - I am really impressed with his work and enjoy using it too.  I'm certain that he could do what DUWS does even better, should he choose to.  His baby after all.

True, there is no DUWS mission utilizing French forces.  I've done several DUWS conversions for my own use as the system is basic enough even I have managed to figure it out.  It's quite a chore, but has enabled me to create dynamic platoon and company size offensive and defensive conventional operations which I find most interesting.

Which brings me back to OPEX.  If I could ask for anything it would be to allow larger force operations.  But I will continue to enjoy what Gemini has crafted no matter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicholas.Bell said:

Not trying to take anything away from Gemini (or you!) - I am really impressed with his work and enjoy using it too.  I'm certain that he could do what DUWS does even better, should he choose to.  His baby after all.

True, there is no DUWS mission utilizing French forces.  I've done several DUWS conversions for my own use as the system is basic enough even I have managed to figure it out.  It's quite a chore, but has enabled me to create dynamic platoon and company size offensive and defensive conventional operations which I find most interesting.

Which brings me back to OPEX.  If I could ask for anything it would be to allow larger force operations.  But I will continue to enjoy what Gemini has crafted no matter.

AS for DUWS, would you be willing to share any of those edited versions? If not, it's no big deal.

As for OPEX and larger force sizes, fortunately with this latest edition, it is possible to have a larger force by recruiting friendly patrols. They're actually fairly easy to find if you travel to the objective by land. If I travel 8-10km to an objective, I will usually encounter at least two friendly patrols (check the map often) and you can add every member to your group (no limit that I can see) by walking up to them and enlisting them. By doing this I've had 18 members in my squad so far. You can apparently use them for as long as you want until you decide to demobilize them. And it should be feasible to go back to base with them, demobilize all of them and then fill any default squad positions that have been vacated by casualties and then reenlist all of the demobilized forces. It's a bit of a kludge for a workaround but it does work. Personally though, I would like to see AI commanded squads that I can control through the high command module. That would keep my squad size manageable but also allow for extra teams and reinforcements when needed.

20 hours ago, scimitar said:

As for OPEX and larger force sizes, fortunately with this latest edition, it is possible to have a larger force by recruiting friendly patrols. They're actually fairly easy to find if you travel to the objective by land. If I travel 8-10km to an objective, I will usually encounter at least two friendly patrols (check the map often) and you can add every member to your group (no limit that I can see) by walking up to them and enlisting them. By doing this I've had 18 members in my squad so far. You can apparently use them for as long as you want until you decide to demobilize them. And it should be feasible to go back to base with them, demobilize all of them and then fill any default squad positions that have been vacated by casualties and then reenlist all of the demobilized forces. It's a bit of a kludge for a workaround but it does work. Personally though, I would like to see AI commanded squads that I can control through the high command module. That would keep my squad size manageable but also allow for extra teams and reinforcements when needed.

Yep, that works.  I'd prefer to be able to recruit them at the base and transport them with me rather than hoping I bump into them enroute. :f:   Either as separate groups for HC or as units within the player's group.  I get frustrated with HC even using the various addons which improve it because inevitably at some point it stops working.  This is compounded by the use of any AI mods which impact group behavior.  While it's realistic for units to sometimes do what they want like not move or retreat, my inability to walk over to the squad leader and grab him by the nose and kick him in the butt to get him moving again kills the immersion.  Unlike most tactical wargames, there is no "leadership bonus" or other effects to impact AI units in Arma.

So I've grown fond of creating platoon sized groups and then assigning each squad as a team to simplify command and control.  I've ginned up some config addons for these so I don't have to build them by hand for missions.  Helps a lot in creating larger engagements as having fewer groups offsets the FPS drag of so many units to a degree.  Being attacked by a platoon sized AI group adds the illusion of AI coordination more so than individual groups attacking.   Two AI platoons attacking simultaneously makes for a real defensive challenge.

And lest anyone accuse me of being off-topic, I'm hoping that Gemini is reading and comtemplating. :smile_o:

• Like 1

Hi all,

Sorry about the late reply, I was travelling for work during the last days.

First, thank you very much again for all your precious feedbacks.

@scimitar

1. You're right, I will update this.

2. Maybe it's because crates have limited slots and too much stuff inside. I will check it and see if I can fix.

3. Why not, I will think about it and see how I could implement it.

4. Why not too, but I think it will require more work. At this time I'm still focusing on fixing remaining bugs, but I keep your proposition in my mind for a future update.

5. I will think about it too.

6. This is already on my to-do-list but I don't know when I will be able to work on this.

@Guillaume Massé

OK, I will update this soon.

Thanks again guys !

• Like 1

Hey guys ! OPEX has been updated to version 1.14.

Changelog:

• Added: mobile construction vehicle (available near the delivery zone) to build new FOB anywhere (thanks to R3F factory script)
  • Added: empty crates in the armory to store more gear
  • Added: friendly patrols can now be fully managed with high command keys (default: Ctrl+Space)
  • Added: pre-built squads can now be recruited in the delivery zone
  • Removed: AI recruitment limitation (it's now allowed to enlist as many AIs as the game can managed)
  • Updated: transportation vehicle is now better selected to match caller's squad size
  • Updated: new mission parameters for ambient modules (civilian people, patrols, IEDs, ambushes, HQ protection...)
  • Updated: ambient AI activities frequency
  • Updated: display conditions for shout actions
  • Updated: radio reports are now disabled when no AI unit is into player's group, to increase immersion
  • Updated: donaters list

I hope these new features are answering positively to some of your requests. As always, do not hesitate to share your thoughts and to report any bug you may notice. Enjoy !

• Like 3

@Gemini

I am sincerely impressed. You already addressed/added most of the fixes/suggestions that have been made by your fans and you've done it in a record amount of time. I've never seen anyone else take user input so seriously. I am going to try and spend some quality time with this mission over the next few days. I am curious to know how you (and others) feel about the changes that you've made due to input. Do you feel that they've added to the mission or taken away from it in any way? I just want to say that I hope that if you feel that anything has been lost with the additions/changes that you won't hesitate to revert the mission back to what your vision for it was or is. Thanks again for what you have done and continue to do.
  • Like 2

I would not add any feature I wouldn't like :smile_o: Some of these last changes are quite huge, I just hope they are working as intended and I hope they bring expected experience.

• Like 2

Wow.  What an update.  Don't know what to say so I just made a donation instead.  Thanks for your work, Gemini.

Thank you very much buddy !

@Gemini

The new features seem to be working well with the exception of High Command control of friendly patrols that I've recruited. I give them waypoints and then when I check on them later, I find that they are no longer under my control. I do use the bCombat mod to improve Infantry AI but I don't know if that would cause me to lose control of the HC elements.

Also, the construction vehicle is very cumbersome to use. First I have to transport it to a new location, which is okay but time consuming. And unless I'm missing something in the construction factory, there is no option to place a prebuilt FOB and it's very time consuming to construct one, a single small structure at a time. Also, without high command units which I'm losing control of, I have no way to command troops to defend it.

I do want to make one more suggestion. Please consider adding a monetary/trade/bounty system beyond what is already present in the mission, at the main base. When I play, I like to add a few roleplaying elements, such as capturing enemy vehicles and weapons and returning them to the HQ for future use by my forces. If I was able to optionally trade in some of that gear somewhere at the HQ for a reward of credits to use for future gear and recruits, that would be awesome. I could understand getting only a small amount of credits for rifles and other small items but returning operational vehicles and other weapons systems from the battlefield to the HQ for a reward would be awesome. Even just destroying enemy vehicles should be enough to earn a small bounty. There are two mods that add greatly to the transport capabilities that would be very useful for such a feature and those are the Advanced Towing mod and the Advanced Sling Loading mod. I use both of them and they work great. Unfortunately, suggestions are all that I'm able to add at the moment. Any further playing/testing of the mission on my part will have to wait for a few weeks because my graphics card died. Fortunately, it's still under warranty but I just started the RMA process to get it replaced and that's going to take a while. :(

• Like 1

Thank you for this new feedback.

• Loosing HC control: I'll proceed to some tests and I'll try to fix it for the next update.
  • Cumbersome construction vehicle: it's precisely how I imagine it :smile_o: Building a FOB from anywhere with one click would have no sense for OPEX.
  • Prebuilt FOB: unfortunately it seems to be very complicated because of the empty flat terrain space it would require.
  • Reward system: it's already implemented for a few actions: succeeding tasks, destroying weapon caches, killing enemies... But thank you for the suggestion about capturing enemy vehicles and gear, I'll think how I could implement it too.
  • Towing / Sling loading mods: I try to keep as low mod dependency as possible so if it's possible to implement them as scripts I will do so.

Anwyway I hope you won't have to wait too long for receiving a replacement graphic card.

• Like 1

@Gemini

Thanks for the response. Fortunately, both the towing mod and the sling loading mod, are available as scripts. As for the FOB construction, I would still be happy if it was a time consuming but automated process if that's possible. Perhaps a small FOB, with just a few defensive positions and static weapons could be something that is purchased and then built over a period of time in an appropriate location. As it stands now, I'm still satisfied with using the construction vehicle but I find that it's easiest to construct an FOB in an area that already has certain structures placed on the map, such as complexes with some type of wall. That way, just a few barriers and strong points can be constructed to supplement what already exists. 

BTW, I did get my RMA request approved and I intend to send the card off on Tuesday (Mon is a holiday) and hopefully, I'll have a replacement within 10 days of that. :)

What map version would you like ? Just be aware that I won't be able to manage updates for non-Steam files.

Hello Gemini, you made a great job with your missions. I just have a big problem hosting them on my dedicated server: there are not civilians... (i tried taunus version and tanoa and in both i had the same issue). In mission parameters civilians are active, i'm hosting the missions using @cba @jackthefrench @gemini  @rhs USA & RUSSIA @cup terrain maps & core @R3F unites @R3F armee @project opfor @task force radio. could you help me? I'm launching the server using TATDS and the mission file is the one i get from steam workshop.

On 5/28/2017 at 10:42 PM, Gemini said:

What map version would you like ? Just be aware that I won't be able to manage updates for non-Steam files.

The latest version. If the versions have diffrences in sp, plz give me the best one that you know.

it doesn't matter for updates.

Thanks a lot

gemini one more thing, after a couple of respawn in base there are no more vehicles or firendly IA, even the tables and the caches in the armory are gone (this happens in taunus) is it normal?

EDIT:

also on Tanoa after completing 2 missions we found the base completely empty, no more vehicles, friendly units, tables etc we cannot activate more missions even because the blackboard is gone.

Hello,

The problem has already been raised at gemini.

And gemini as said it's solved in next update. Tonight maybe :P

13 hours ago, sarakgaming said:

Hello,

The problem has already been raised at gemini.

And gemini as said it's solved in next update. Tonight maybe :P

thanks for the information;)

Hi there,

Is there an alternate download link for Gemini_items?

The current link doesn't seem to work for me.

Hi Remy, sorry about the dead link, I have reuploaded it.

• Like 1