infiltrator_2k

Should BIS Implement A Player Stats Database?

Way I understood it he just cares about stats for playerkills and player-teamkills, not about AI. Still leaves a lot of margin for error though.

On a set of servers that cooperate and play the same/similar mission this could work. But then it is up to mission design and not BI implementation into the base game.

• Like 1

On a set of servers that cooperate and play the same/similar mission this could work. But then it is up to mission design and not BI implementation into the base game.

Yes, such a system would to a degree be obviously limited.  However, if it were to be successful, there's always a possibility that mods and add-ons could also run on a server running this kind of system if it passed a check and became certified to be friendly/compatible - meaning the mod/add-on's code wasn't flawed or inadvertently capable of exploiting such a system.

As I mentioned previously, such a system would take a lot of testing and would require considerable input and feedback from the community.  It would initially contain more flaws and exploits than you could shake a stick at.  But with time I'm sure it would no doubt evolve into something very intelligent.  Taking away human interaction to make decisions based on binary oppose to emotions can only be the right way forward.