Sign in to follow this  

Looking to try replicate the text range of the direct communication channel inside of custom radio channels. In a way, I want to be able to have multiple radio channels that are all different forms of direct communication. This could be used in the same range as direct chat but perhaps even the range could be enhanced for the custom radio channels to simulate yelling or whispering. 

Reason being I am looking to put together an open ended roleplaying mission where a Zeus acts as a gamemaster to guide characters through a story (Like an old school tabletop, but in ArmA). Unless there would be a way to extend the range of direct chat and change the callsign of it depending on a chat command perhaps, then this is the way to go about this kind of feature.

I think he doesn't want actual radio communication just direct chat with different ranges.

Makes me wonder, why don't you simply use TFAR or ACRE ?

I think he doesn't want actual radio communication just direct chat with different ranges.

Makes me wonder, why don't you simply use TFAR or ACRE ?

As far as I know TFAR and ACRE do not support text or type range, it's a real pickle at this stage. I've been looking into trying to find where the default radios are created originally so perhaps I can make a mod that changes other radio channels to be like the direct chat, but I haven't had much luck so far.