Colince411

Satellite Image Alignment

I've taken all the images I need to make the high definition mosaic for my sat image using Google Earth and a grid overlay I made in Google SketchUp (images at 4800x4800px); however when it comes to piecing them together, I cannot seem to get them to align correctly.

Google earth use the Mercator Projection . thats why you get misaligned images .

if you are familiar with PS then you can get your images aligned.

i think you can get your images from another place , but i dont know from where.

maybe someone else have some links for sat images sites

edit: this helps? (Download and Georeference Image from Google Earth )

or this? (GIS software)

I use TerraIncognita to download the sat map, then Global mapper to line it up

I used the windows 10 app "Maps". It doesn't distort the perspective and has good aerial images (often better than google). If you have a high res monitor available I suggest taking the screenshots on that one so you don't have to take thousands of them.

I used the windows 10 app "Maps". It doesn't distort the perspective and has good aerial images (often better than google). If you have a high res monitor available I suggest taking the screenshots on that one so you don't have to take thousands of them.

TerraIncognita will download it into .jpg, then you can just stick them together. Saves you having to do screenshots

• Like 1