extaz93

Remove mod dependency on a mission

Hello,

I created a mission with Warfare Thai mod activated, so when i export my mission and want to test it without Warfare Thai activated, i can't, as there is a dependency to this mod, even if nothing in my mission comes from Warfare Thai.

I tried to open my mission in the editor after launching the game without Thai but i can't...

Is there the way to remove that kind of fake dependency ?

Thanks

Open the mission file in a text editor, preferably notepad++, and remove any mention of PBOs related to the mod.

Do not make missions with dependencies if possible. The best solution is to make a script workaround to make the mods optional. I use something like this in my missions:

if (!isNUll (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "F_35C")) then {addVehClass = "F_35C"} else {addVehClass = "B_Plane_CAS_01_F"};

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. Nevermind.

If the mission file is binarzied, you can't just simply open the mission.sqm, you would have to launch you game with all dependecies enabled, open the mission in the editor, un-check the "binarize on save" or whatever it says, save the mission, go to the mission folder, open the mission.sqm in text editor, remove the dependency, save the file, close the game, launch without the dependency, go to the editor load up the mission file, check binarize again, and save, and I think you should be good to go. I've never done that whole process, but that would be the only way.

If the mission file is binarzied, you can't just simply open the mission.sqm, you would have to launch you game with all dependecies enabled, open the mission in the editor, un-check the "binarize on save" or whatever it says, save the mission, go to the mission folder, open the mission.sqm in text editor, remove the dependency, save the file, close the game, launch without the dependency, go to the editor load up the mission file, check binarize again, and save, and I think you should be good to go. I've never done that whole process, but that would be the only way.

^this: it happened to me too, and that is the correct, (if not the only), way to correct the issue.

What's the advantage of using binarize save over one without?

Security is probably one of the main reasons.

Security is probably one of the main reasons.

Would rather say file size / optimisation since you can easily open it in the editor and unbin it anyway.

Simply load up an empty map, same as the one your mission is on, in editor. Click the first tab and select merge. This will give you all missions on that map you have in your missions folder and the mission you want to fix should be one of them. Click merge and you are done. Make sure you have a backup of the mission though as this process will overwrite it. Merging will automatically remove all objects that cannot be loaded because they are now missing an addon and make your mission work.

CREDIT - Borderkeeper (https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/fqhpqm/how_to_remove_mod_dependency_from_mission/)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1