Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

ALT+TAB out and back in = SHOOT - Anyone else?

Hi, now this happens since ages for me (in SP at least): I ALT+TAB out of ArmA, do something, go back in: My player shoots at that moment. Workaround is to pause execution (ESC) before ALT+TAB out.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Same here. I usually press esc or lower the weapon before alt+tabbing.

I think the game registers the mouse button release as firing if you go back in by clicking on the task bar.

Hi, now this happens since ages for me (in SP at least): I ALT+TAB out of ArmA, do something, go back in: My player shoots at that moment. Workaround is to pause execution (ESC) before ALT+TAB out.

Is this happening to anyone else?

This happens to me, though im now use to pausing before i ALT+TAB. Though i am quite sure the behaviour has been happening since OFP.

• Like 1

Never noticed it myself.Although i usually do pause before Alt+Tab

Same here, can't even ALT+TAB in the editor or the game, it gets pretty annoying. I have to let a program like notepad++ or a generic window opened in the background before launching arma 3.

• Like 2

Interesting! So CLICKING BACK into ArmA 3 would obviously be the reason for shooting. I.e. ALT-TAB back should be fine...

@Jimmakos, interesting observation as well. I was wondering why sometimes ALT-Tabbing out of ArmA wasn't possible for me at all.

This is the reason why I always open the Esc menu before alt+tab. I remember the shooting happening only if you click back.

I only came in this series in Arma 2 and I remember it happening in there already.

• Like 1

I don't get that but when the game loads, the FPS is shitty and there is screen tearing, until i Alt Tab out and then maximise the game again.

I don't get that but when the game loads, the FPS is shitty and there is screen tearing, until i Alt Tab out and then maximise the game again.

My adaptive vsync sometimes doesn't come in play until I do that.

First I need to launch the game in windowed because of the small resolution bug that's maybe related somehow with RTSS. I press alt+enter to get the game in full screen and then there's a chance that I need to alt+tab out and back in to get the adaptive vsync working :D I guess it's the same with every other vsync tech.

Shooting when alttabing from arma is there since Ever. In my clan we have this rule that says you have to have your weapon allways lowered unless under fire, so we dont have missfires. We had this rule in arma 2, we keep it in arma 3.  Offcourse people tend to forget to lover the weapon so we still have missfires sometimes.

Bumping the thread because i found another proper way of ALT+TABbing out of arma,

IF you are using the steam overlay (because i know a lot of people have that disabled while they playing arma) first bring up the overlay with Shift+Tab and then Alt+Tab the arma 3, that's another way of getting out of arma application.