DSabre

Secret Weapons (old version - discontinued)

4 hours ago, Reid236 said:

Congrats on reaching 100k subscribers on steam! 

Thanks a lot. Going to update the mod tomorrow or sunday with some goodies to celebrate this

• Like 7

This should be the official WW II Airforce and Navy mod for ARMA 3. All other WW II  teams should simply send what they've got so far torwards you and support you. 

big thx and keep it up

• Thanks 1

Thanks - this is surely meant as a compliment but I am quite certain they would disagree and like to hold on to their stuff and I want to hold on to mine : )

Modders and players often have a very different view on things. At least for me it's the building that is the fun and I am not so much interested in the results. After all there is nothing to win really-

There is also no reason why there shouldn't be 20 different versions of the same thing from my point of view.

That being said I am open to support other mods with script stuff or some assets (flak/searchlights/damage scripts etc)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DSabre said:

Ju 52, maybe someday. It's on my personal list but that does not mean much. Best to check my sketchfab page to see what may happen.

Thanks for you answer! ok I do 😉

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

v 3.5.0.

100.000 subscriber special
-added Manilovs Bf 109
-added Ta 152
-added ANZACSAS Stevens smoke and fire effects
-various small tweaks

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

v 3.5.0.1

-fixed a hiddenselection issue on Bf 109 (90%)

• Like 3

Hey DSabre,

Love the planes and all the new ones especially the Stuka with the cannon pods but the recoil when you shoot them is too strong. Any way you could tone it down a bit so it makes it easier to use them?

thanks again!

Forgot to update this thread:

last actions were the release of v 3.5.1.  (7 July)

- which added surface launchable torpedos and sort of working depth charges (both mods of TeTeTs genius torpedo).

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

Currently working on:

Generic Freighter (originally for my WWI mod)

Desert Camos

finally continued work on the He 162

Ju 388L/K

• Like 12

Navy Update incoming:

Thanks to TeTs awesome aerial torpedo I managed to add depth charges, mines and surface to surface torpedos.

(I tested the vanilla naval mines but did not like them so much, or something didn't work. Can't remember)

Added commander turret to ships.

Finally figured out how to map the gun elevation to page up/down while keeping the view locked to the horizon.

Battlecruiser update: medium artillery now functional, uv map updates for battlecruiser, battleship and torpedo boat,

submarine crew can now turn in, new axis speedboat,

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

v 3.6.0. naval update

BBDBE193136A9232E03641BE792C6B2997C6D4B6

new textures/uv maps, added commander seat/turret

-added wip liberty ship (actually victory class),
-added He 162,

-tweaks to Ju 88 (still WIP),
-updates to cruiser (medium artillery now functional),
-updates to submarines (improved submerging, crew can turn in),
-general updates to navy (textures/uv maps),

-recoil of pods reduced,

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true   ?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

v 3.6.2.

-added Axis Speedboat (losely based on S38/100)
-added WW1 freighter
-fixed some rvmat issues on cruiser and u7

The Speedboat is my first attempt of a shipX physX boat after the little yacht. All the others are non physX.

• Like 4

Got some questions/requests/comments

1. Nice work
2. Hope to see the new american bombers interior

3. Got issue with submarine i can dive but i can't surface

4. Why have you change the model of the b25 for the turret on the rear back and not with the turret on the front back ? that leave a weird texture hole on it ? can you make multiple variant of b-25 ?

5. B29 Planned ?

6. They're is no way to know exactly aim correctly with ship ?

1. Thank you

2. Maybe I lost track - What new bomber? Currently it is still more likely that I remove interiors than add any. Highest probability for a new interior is on Ju 88, Tu SB or M6a.

3. Have you mapped your keys correctly? Are you locked to periscope depth? Are you on driver seat?

The fastest way to dive is to sit on commander seat and command periscope depth.

Diving manually will take a few seconds from driver seat. To surface you have to sit on driver seat and make sure you are not locked to periscope depth.

4. That was the plan, I may someday.

5. No.

6. No and that is completely intended. Same discussion as with bomb sights on bombers... just no. Everything is still waaay to accurate for my taste.

What I will do is add this gunsight to turrets. That shows the guns elevation which will make aiming a little easier.

Edited by DSabre
  • Like 1

Ships are fun. I have decided to make a few more.

The next project that's going to be in the mod soon:

WWI Submarine Chaser, my 2nd attempt at shipx physX after the E-boat.

Depth Charges are a modification of TeTeTs awesome torpedo script.

8MS9rwH.png

First version                                                                       

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true   ?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true   ?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

After adding a few details and the rigging

• Like 8

Very nice looking little ship! I was hoping for a few smaller ships  🙂

Torpedo update in progress:

I managed to add a pitch control to TeTeTs script (by forcing a rotation on the torpedo if the pitch gets out of line).

better visibility of wake (simply had to switch the vehicle simulations to shipX).

These two simple additions help a lot in spotting the torpedo and making it look a bit nicer.

better chance of evading?

Surface and Aerial torpedos now have different speed and runtime.

I am also experimenting with submarine launched torpedos (while submerged). To balance the latter I may reduce range and speed.

• Like 7

- added Submarine Chaser (WW1)
- added Submarine Torpedos (slow and range restricted for balancing)
- tweaked torpedos (aerial torpedos now have to be dropped below 190 km/h and 35m)
- added elevation info to gunsights of naval guns (which now elevate with page up and page down)
- tweaks to Ju88 and P61
- added shadowlods for the smaller boats (thx for suggestion Eaglke)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ola,

If you don't mind me asking:

1. Do you have any plans on updating/improving the machine gun sound effects for the planes? 

2. Do you have any plans on giving the search lights some light rays? (I don't know if it's possible, but having search lights without the ominous light rays sort of make them pointless, i love seeing the rays coming out from the search lights in ww2 movies or video games) 

3. Any plans on updating the uniforms for the crews? (Though there are sub mods for it, i am interested as to how you would interpret their look, especially the navy ones. If you have the time to design them, that is)

4. Any plans on having variants for the Flak guns? 

Thanks a bunch!

Keep up the AMAZING work. To be honest, i've been checking up on this mod ever since it came out, and i thought at first "ah, you're just one of those casual modders who makes mods just for the hell of it, and then just leave them and never do an update. Too bad". But then you continued your work and made it into something awesome. Good luck comrade. I hope to see you improve your mod even more and still have fun while doing it. 👍

• Like 1

What could be possible is attaching a transparent object to the searchlight. It would probably look quite silly but I may try someday.

The current uniforms in the mod are vanilla A3 with some different color. Uniforms is not my thing. Would take months to learn and years to master.

I like the sound effects. Same applies to learning and mastering that topic as well. Free sound effects don't grow on trees.

You and everyone else are free and invited to make custom mods modifying my mods to change whatever you feel like as well.

Glad to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

Well tbh the fun with a popular topic as WW2 is very much so so. If there was a way to disable steam comments section I would do it : )

• Like 1

This is an amazing mod especially with the ships you have done. Love the whole WW2 theme, question: What is the best persistent Server Mission to use for your mod? I would think Liberation or Antistasi but not sure if anyone has done one that's current with your mod? 

Well Done!

Vengeance

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true  ?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

3.6.4.2 Trickle over from Flying Legends:
-added tracer smoke effect
-fixed B17 bay door texture
-preview of Ju88 changes

(quite probably the last update for this mod. See my new project flying legends for more details)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 1:20 PM, DSabre said:

-added tracer smoke effect
-fixed B17 bay door texture
-preview of Ju88 changes

How do i open the B17 bomb bay and drop bombs?

By selecting them. Same as any other aircraft. If it does not work disable sound mods. They are known to break stuff

On 8/8/2019 at 12:21 PM, DSabre said:

Ships are fun. I have decided to make a few more.

The next project that's going to be in the mod soon:

WWI Submarine Chaser, my 2nd attempt at shipx physX after the E-boat.

Depth Charges are a modification of TeTeTs awesome torpedo script.

8MS9rwH.pngB8963E7FC77E60EF25D25BB7475B918D22F7AA5F 

First version                                                                            Ingame

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true   ?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true   ?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

After adding a few details and the rigging

Hi DSabre I'm really enjoying your mods, I want to use USS Sims from your Naval Legends mod and add these depth charges to its weapons Arsenal the method that I thought would work was this 

frigate1 addMagazineTurret ['sab_16rnd_depthcharge_mag', [-1]];                
frigate1 addWeaponTurret ['sab_depthcharge_launcher', [-1]];

it fires and uses up its magazine but it don't get the glorious depth charge effect,  I'm getting there must be more to it, hoping you might be able to help

• Like 1

Yes - the weapon only acts as a trigger. The actual weapon is scripted since torpedoes and depth charges are not supported by the base game.

It needs a fired eventhandler. In the SW Fletcher class the config looks like this (I removed the non relevant eventhandlers for clarity):

class EventHandlers	{
			class sabsecretweapons_events {	
				fired = "_this spawn sab_sw_fnc_destroyerfired;";
			};
		};		

I may redesign the depth charges and eventually they may appear in naval legends too.

The Sims has a fired eventhandler already for the torpedoes, so you would need to retain this as well

_this spawn sab_nl_fnc_fired_surface

so it should look something like this finally:

fired = "_this spawn sab_sw_fnc_destroyerfired;_this spawn sab_nl_fnc_fired_surface;";

not sure how to add this in a mission. this may help https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addEventHandler

Edited by DSabre