DSabre

Secret Weapons (old version - discontinued)

6B2F68D75E97BA31E83B8FE257601F853EFC71F5

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

v 3.0

-Ryan PT22 is back
-C47 added, DC-3 went back to civil aviation mod
-changed some factions
-most sounds redone
-flak generators can now be switched on or off, also from ingame by standing next to it
there are 2 types: some that shoot visibly, some that are in stealth mode (flak88 and searchlight)
-updated La5, Ju87
-further changes to flightmodels
-some textures updated
-a few more accessories available
-small scooter added (very wip)
-a lot of other things I can not remember right now

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

v 3.01

-searchlight now emits light thanks to a hint by S.Compton.

-fixed missing sound of F4U

-flak script tweaks (88 fires slower, allowing AI to actually aim the thing - searchlight still has high 'rpm')

v 3.1
-added Coolman Mod53 Scooter
-facelift for M.B.5
-facelift for P-51
-preview of Ca-12 Boomerang
-other random changes

*** in future update notes can be found on steam ws***

Edited by DSabre
  • Like 1

I love this mod! But I have some problems with it. How do I get the AI for the B-17 and other heavy bombers to attack (bomb) ground targets without going into a dive? How do I get these bombers to remain straight and steady when attacked by enemy fighters instead of trying to behave like fighters by diving and maneuvering?

Regarding the battleships, which are well done, how do I get them to shell land targets while remaining in place? What they are doing now is they sail close to shore and then fire, which shouldn't be the case with those big 14-inch guns. I want to use them in creating scenarios such as D-Day or USMC landings on South Pacific islands, which as you know were usually preceded by heavy bombardment by battleships and aircraft.

Thank you for this mod and any help you may provide!

Good questions.

The ships can be forced to stay immobile by removing the driver or fuel.

For planes there is some way involving waypoints for single aircraft where you set the waypoint to Open Fire, Keep Formation. Don't team them up. They will break formation eventually though.

They can not level bomb. Use dive bombers instead or learn how to script missions. Tetet has solved this by adding the carpet bomb module

Or wait till I make my AI bomber autopilot which will force them to fly in a straight line - But I have no idea if that is even possible and it could be years.

Edited by DSabre

On 3/28/2019 at 6:06 PM, ysantis said:

How do I get these bombers to remain straight and steady when attacked by enemy fighters instead of trying to behave like fighters by diving and maneuvering?

Haven't tried it with level flying heavy bombers, but UnitCapture scripting command might do the trick. First record the entire flight path for one bomber, the copy it to the other aircraft in the formation. With UnitCaptureFiring you can record the bomb release too I think, but you may have to do several takes if you wish to hit something specific. After setting up the bombers in the editor, use UnitPlay to make them fly exactly as you set them up.

This way you should be able to set up a large bomber formation, which can for example be used as target for fighter missions etc. Remember that UnitCapture needs to cache a lot of data and may cause lag with too many units using it at the same time. Better try it out in the editor first and see how many units you can set up with it.

See usage description here:https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_UnitCapture

And here: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/159891-how-to-use-unitcapture-in-arma-3/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DSabre said:

Or wait till I make my AI bomber autopilot which will force them to fly in a straight line - But I have no idea if that is even possible and it could be years.

You can try to use flyInHeight and flyInHeightASL. I had some success for the KA-3 Tanker in Unsung to get it to fly level over Khe Sanh via:

this flyInHeight 100;
this flyInHeightASL [1000, 1000, 1000];

According to the wiki the first flyInHeight determines the altitude over terrain level, the second over sea level. You need both though, for some reason.

Good luck,

TeTeT

• Thanks 1

The next version will see a lot of changes that may or will affect missions and other mods dependent on Secret Weapons!

If you want to preview it add me on steam. The most serious change affects the textures.

-Most aircraft textures have been renamed from the generic texture,texture2, etc to F6F_co or F7F_co. Makes it easier to work on.

All non default textures are bundled in an extra pbo and a lot have been removed. This makes it a lot easier for me to add more factions like ROCAF, RAAF, RAF and so on.

-A lot of aircraft got some upgrades to function or interior

-A few more aircraft will enter the arena (P-51B, A5M, Ki-100, A-26, M6V2-K)

-Flight models will change so that high power fighters have an easier time with interwar aircraft as it should be

-Ammo is under evaluation. Wrong ammo class names will be fixed. This may affect magazine names too.

Spoiler

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

RAF Faction buffed a little

F7F basic interior upgrade

TBM/TBF basic interior and door animations

B-17 bay doors and very basic interior

some new factions on the way

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi, could you please give us back the wreck of C47, i think it was called "sab_dc3"

thank you

The dc-3 is back in the civil aviation mod and pretty outdated. Secret weapons has its own C-47 and C-47 wreck. Next version it will even fly properly

thought you were looking for the dc 3 wreck. that's in civil aviation. If there's no dedicated c47wreck in the current released version, it's in the next release.

• Like 2

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true  ?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

The new toys!

V 3.2
As mentioned I have removed a lot of clutter from the mod (most of the unfinished interiors and textures).
This may affect some missions and the integration mods : (
Upon request I can upload an old version to steam WS so people can fix missions or whatever.

-Further changes to flightmodels to balance them better (ongoing process, 30% finished)
-All aircraft now feature one default livery only in the base mod (more liveries in extra mod to be launched soon).
-Carriers can now repair and refuel (near island),

Added some extra factions (in an additional mod)
Added A5M (without interior),
Added A-26 (without interior),
Added M6a K (without interior),
Added preview of Ju-88 (without interior),
Added Ki-100,
Added P-51B,

Updated P-61,
Updated F6F,
Updated F7F,
Updated TBM Avenger,
Updated SBD Dauntless,
Updated B-17, B24, and B25,

Special thanks go out to TeTeT who developed and contributed a carpet bomb module that is also very good to make bombers fly in formation! He also had a look at the flak script and improved it! This also helps the searchlights to keep track of planes. Many thanks!

PS: Not to forget the F-18s safety weapon which is necessary for the bomb bays (without that they would always be open...)

My own version always bugged you about getting reloaded or other annoying things, so that is not so trivial.

Actually that is really another thing that should be ingame by default. As well as an option to holster the side arm (if you ever have wondered why all my pilots are unarmed -that's why).

PSS: If you actually used the retextured Me-262 and Bf-110 impersonating the Ki-45 and Ki-201 Karyu - they can be found in the extra livery mod.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

First, thanks for more toys. 🙂

One thing I noticed, while the units have the "correct" side=x set (correct in so far as matching with Iron Front, Faces of War etc, Soviets/Red = 0, Axis/Blue = 1, Western Allies/Green = 2), the factions in the config are still using the old side arrangement so they mismatch. This only becomes apparent in specific situations, for example using ALIVE mod with your aircraft, it will fail to initialize the air component as it thinks it's an enemy faction. 

You're welcome. I can fix that later today.

Also found a fix for the pilot messing with showing stuff in Zeus thanks to Kju.

v. 3.2.1
-fixed Zeus - thx to Kju
-probably fixed factions for ALIVE? Can you have a look BvB1?
-some small tweaks (added Ju-88 BmB version as default)

-default matching Night Fighter liveries
-the W-34 also got one of the new LW default textures and a whatyacallit around the engine

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Did a quick test with an Alive mission and USN/IJN are definitely working 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

v.3.3.0

-fixed turrets,
-some planes now have separate muzzleflashes, for mixed armament (FW190, A6M, MS406,..) - thanks to Luca for bugging me about it!
-added pre alpha preview of Tu SB, P-39 and MS.406,

• Thanks 2

v.3.3.1.

hotfix for Me-262 material bug

• Like 1

v. 3.4.

- TeTeT added fully operational aerial torpedos!

(beware, ship AA range got extended a little to counter)

- submarines can sort of dive now (better to start them underwater though)

- Bf 110 updated/ general Luftwaffe update

- some performance tweaks to scripts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just logged in to say Thanks for bringing all these lovely WW2 airplanes into the game.....enjoyed the mod very much!:rthumb:  

By the way is it possible to make a more shiny reflection on the nose glasses of B-17 ? and  I'm not that type of peoples which always ask for more , but here is my wish list for the future secret-weapons mod air assets : (I repeat... these are not requests just my wish list!):sigh:

_Curtiss P-40 Warhawk

_Focke-Wulf Fw 200 Condor

Issv5jT.jpg

_ Focke-Wulf Schnellflugzeug (futuristic concept at her time)

pPNUam6.jpg

JaNWR6n.jpg

M94r01i.jpg

ePmHA29.jpg

aeoMBnp.jpg

_Messerschmitt Bf 109

_Petlyakov Pe-8

e2QOFNu.jpg

dmlCRXY.jpg

and also Tu-SB was on my list too... which you just added pre alpha version of her recently ! :xmas:

Again thank you for all your hard works! :supercool:

• Thanks 1

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true  ?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

The Bf 109 will come if we hit 100k subscribers. My Ta 152 is nearly finished.

The Condor and the Pe-8 are actually on my list

(which doesn't mean they will ever be in game - but there is a chance).

It is a lot more likely that I will work on updating the existing stuff though, and adding another 1 or 2 planes in between eventually.

Edited by DSabre
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

(Me262: simple cockpit added)                                         (He111: fixed sharp edges and added some decals)

v 3.4.1.

- Luftwaffe interior update for Do 335, Me 262, Ba 349, Ho 229 (added some simple generic cockpits)

- Tweaks to Fw 190, Bf 110, He 111 (Made a new simple Revi 12, fixed some issues with the canopies)

- every cannon shell is now a tracer, for standard guns it is every 3 or 5 or something like that

Edited by DSabre
  • Like 4

@DSabre It possible add a Ju-52 and your Hydro version.? thank you, your work it's awesome!

aWWRSJ5.jpg

Saz4diX.jpg

Ju 52, maybe someday. It's on my personal list but that does not mean much. Best to check my sketchfab page to see what may happen.

• Like 1