DSabre

Secret Weapons (old version - discontinued)

I am playing around with reverting them all to the old simulation = airplane; again. This time more successful.

Maybe I can rescue this addon, at least till that old simulator class stops working.

• Like 2

The more I play around with physX wheel configs, the less I care for it.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Till December 6th this realistic behaviour used to be possible with the combination of old style geo lod wheels /driveoncomponent + simulation=airplanex.

All it took was making damagehide a parent of wheel/gear bone. Basically a 2-3 second copy/paste.

now that we are forced to use the physx wheel config -  invisible wheels govern the aircrafts behaviour.

Maybe there is some way to simulate wheel damage for aircraft. It certainly is not as easy as it was. The physX wheels in mem lod do not react to being hidden.

Going back to simulation=airplane does not help so much either. It changes the behaviour on ground and in the air a lot.

I would have to shift the CoG in most models to make them work and redo their flight models (for non physx weight is not used for CoG - instead the position in coordinate system defines GoC).

Maybe I can convert some tricycle planes to physX wheels 'standard'  - and the tail draggers to non physX. The damage model as above has to go in any case, it's not working with either solution.

Still a little undecided.

• Like 6

v 2.01

-fixed some of the issues caused by the 1.78 Arma Update
-removed dependencies
-several rvmats, normal-,specular- and ambient occlusion maps redone
-removed yak23 (to mil aviation), ryan pt (to civ aviation)

Some planes still explode on runway, good luck!

A lot of planes were wrecked to bring you this upgrade!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Yes, planes with tricycle gear now have physx wheel configs. For tail draggers that is very hard to get working though.

I found a way around it by making geo lod wheels tiny and moving landcontacts far below the actual wheel. That way no cfg.wheels is necessary.

A few previews of the upcoming stuff:

A6M

A6M

New Prop, Landing Light and double sided UV map for P-51

Ju-87 with BK 37

• Like 3

v 2.10

-P-51 Upgrade (new prop, new uvmap, new textures)
-Preview Versions of A6M, P26, D510, Ju87
-added bk37 cannon for Ju87
-old classnames now spawn a little bird and should enable use of outdated missions
-B24 now takes some damage at least. still not sure why it is so hardy
-weapons fire faster, armor reduced for most planes
-added random explosion effect to fire script

• Thanks 1

v 2.2.

- Zero and P51 slightly tweaked
- B17 armament upgraded
- Bf-110 can now carry BK37
- added F4U Corsair

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Could we get the Beaver and the Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter too?  Great VSTOL.

Hello, IA pilots never  uses plane's bombs i don't know why........When I sending  bombers piloted by IA they always attack  with their machine gun  :-/

ps(sorry i speak very bad english i am french)

It's to do with the way AI are told to use weapons in vehicles

Each weapon has a value, e.g. guns = 1 and bombs = 5. AI also have values so a soldier = 2 and a tank = 6

and for them to use that weapon the target must be worth either more than or the same as the value of the weapon.

So if you use a plane against soldiers: 1<2<5, so it will use guns

Use a plane against tanks: 1<5<6, so they will use bombs them guns when they run out

Basically the value of the target determines what weapons the plane will use.

P.S. if a plane is multi-crew with a bombardier seat that isn't filled they may also not use bombs.

erreur: error=creating magazine sab_1rnd_genericbomb_500_mag_IFA with scope=private

it's probably the problem which does that the ia does not use bombs

1 hour ago, Aymerich Montoya said:

erreur: error=creating magazine sab_1rnd_genericbomb_500_mag_IFA with scope=private

it's probably the problem which does that the ia does not use bombs

Please consider to edit your first post, there is no need to post 4 separate times.

• Like 1

That error is not related to my mod. It's from an IFA integration mod you are obviously running together.

The bomb base classes this addon inherits from were thoroughly messed up by the Tank DLC (like a few years ago).

It used to work fine before that last DLC was launched...

I've noticed two weird issues recently,

When using rockets the first 4 always fire all together (tested on P38, F4U, F6F, TBF)

and most aircraft turrets can't actually be aimed down properly, or can't even be looked out of (B17 tailgun) (tested on B17, B25, B24)

Also the 50 cals seem to have splash like a cannon round, as well as some insane ROF, but that's just personal nit-picking

In RL the hvar would fire as pairs or all together in quick succession. Some update a long time ago changed burst/single modes and I did not learn how to fix it yet. I always fire all of them all at once myself.

Setting up turrets is both zero fun and very time consuming. Think of the amount of turrets just on the few planes you mentioned. I only fix turrets I actually use myself and only if it really bothers me.

ROF judged by the sound or the actual real ROF(bullets/second)?Arma does not support multiple barrels or mixing different gun types. If you have 4 x .50 cal it handles it as one gun with 4 different barrels and an increased ROF by 4 -  and the sound then speeds up accordingly automatically. I will not change gun sounds anymore as that is not as simple as it used to be. Maybe you remember that time all weapon mods suddenly lost their sound after an update. I do not have time or ambition to rediscover how it works currently.

Some have explosive ammo so you can actually see if you hit something, without added damage values. Arma does not give you any feedback otherwise, like little bits of plane falling off.

Actually a very neat feature I first saw in Their Finest Hour, a flightsim for Atari/Amiga released in 1989. I may try to script something like that sometime.

That makes a lot of sense, I completely understand not wanting to sink hours of time in for tiny improvements.

I appreciate your effort in just fixing the physX and setting up the pylons system

• Like 2