Sign in to follow this  
XerXesCZ

Reason for game freezing?

Hi!

Because I've reached the top of my possibilities, I am asking community for help.

Recently I am having a bit nostalgic mood, so I've downloaded the perfect Seal Team 6 DEVGRU campaign made by sick1, installed all the required mods, but when I try to launch the campaign, after selecting difficulty, the game just freezes. It's freezed at the point where even magical Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't work. Only thing that was possible was removing the battery from my laptop, after some tries I've also discovered that it's also possible to hibernate the laptop, then after restoring to the previous state, I am able to Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Anyone knows of any possible reason for this behavior? I am using version 4 of STS, because this is the only one available on Armaholic, version 5 recently (in July, I think?) released by sick1 was unfortunately deleted by file host he uploaded it to. Could this be the reason, that version 4 is no longer playable on latest version Arma 2?

As I said, everything is installed as it should be, using A2:CO.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Well is the game only freezing when you load that campaign? Is so the best thing to do is try to contact the campaign's maker. If he released a new version, but you are running the older one as you say,then I assume that is the problem,.Try to contact him or find the newer version.

• Like 1

Well is the game only freezing when you load that campaign? Is so the best thing to do is try to contact the campaign's maker. If he released a new version, but you are running the older one as you say,then I assume that is the problem,.Try to contact him or find the newer version.

Yes, the game is freezing only if I load that one campaign. I've tried contacting sick1, but he's been inactive on the forums for a while. He did released a new version, but as I said before, that got deleted by the file host and I was unable to find other source.